IIHF World Championship

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
The Canadian team is really nothing to write home about either- so, it'll be interesting if teams like the Swiss or Belarus get some traction.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
It's all good as long as he said "bye bye" as he skated by.
ED6D9A3F-6361-4F42-8197-2D113B9C599F.jpeg

TBS

May 10, 2021
Yegor doesn't finaly ready for his new status. In NHL nobody waits so much from him, so each his mistake here isn't make so big pressure on him. But in national team, where only he plays in NHL right now, people see in him even not 1-st line NHL player, they see somebody like wizard and wait something like magic. And they show it him regularly.
Also you must understand that in Belarus awful political situation right now. For example yesterday died one political prisoner. Whole country under repression. Hockey is "presidents" favorit kind of sport. So many people doesn't support national team. Even opposite. Looks like main part of fans supports opponents of national team. Quite a lot people are disappointed that he joined to this team. Of course players know it.
And now remember that he's only 22, and just a season ago he was middle class player in AHL... To my mind it was coach's mistake gave him capitan. It's only additional pressure for him in this difficult situation.
PS: sorry fo possible mistakes - English not my native language.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Yegor doesn't finaly ready for his new status. In NHL nobody waits so much from him, so each his mistake here isn't make so big pressure on him. But in national team, where only he plays in NHL right now, people see in him even not 1-st line NHL player, they see somebody like wizard and wait something like magic. And they show it him regularly.
Also you must understand that in Belarus awful political situation right now. For example yesterday died one political prisoner. Whole country under repression. Hockey is "presidents" favorit kind of sport. So many people doesn't support national team. Even opposite. Looks like main part of fans supports opponents of national team. Quite a lot people are disappointed that he joined to this team. Of course players know it.
And now remember that he's only 22, and just a season ago he was middle class player in AHL... To my mind it was coach's mistake gave him capitan. It's only additional pressure for him in this difficult situation.

Thanks for the insight. I wasn’t aware of the context

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I love this post tbh

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Couldn't watch this morning and only followed game via updates.

Any thoughts on two players from Finland - the goalie Olkinuora (who played college hockey at Denver and I believe was in the Colorado organization for a couple years) - and forward Hannes Bjorninen?

Any potential for either as an NHL free agent?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad