Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
FSkDNqKVEAI2O7J

FSkDOYNVsAAsHOV

Shesterkin costing us the series! He's getting outplayed by 3rd string Domingue!

Reactions: Doctyl

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Because Domingue has done really all that was expected of him and then some, while Shesterkin hasn’t.

This would be like the “we are louder” chants from the Washington series a while back.
The point of the chant would be to try to get him off his game.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
How much of that is from game 1 where he stood on his head to a ridiculous degree?

I believe the number was +4something from the OT game, the second highest recorded in a playoff game since it became a metric.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Pretty sure I heard the nhl satelite radio guys say the rangers are an AHL team without Igor lol

I mean come on

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
FSkDNqKVEAI2O7J

FSkDOYNVsAAsHOV

Shesterkin costing us the series! He's getting outplayed by 3rd string Domingue!

Seems kind of weird down an expected goal analysis when there's a 3 OT game. He might have 4 expected goals against in those 3 OTs but in reality it's 1 expected goal because you can't score more than once in OT.

Pretty sure I heard the nhl satelite radio guys say the rangers are an AHL team without Igor lol

I mean come on

Maybe in these playoffs but they had a better winning percentage than Columbus with Georgiev in net. So that's utter bullshit.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think if you put a little more thought into this, you'd realize how wrong it is.

Technically it's not expected goal equal to one, it's less than one because your expected goals are never 100%. The point is in regulation if you're comparing expected goals to actual goals, it's apples to apples. You can't give up more than one actual goal in OT.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
No one is bumping the Igor thread yet? I'll bite.

The guy was pulled twice, off his game, and helped lead us back from down 3-1. He wins a game in front of those garbage fans in game 6 overcoming his previous demons. Then in game 7 he keeps us alive all night long. The ONLY reason I think we have any prayer in round 2 is because we have this guy. There is no one in the playoffs i'd rather have in goal. We owe EVERYTHING we have been able to enjoy this season to 31.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He came up big today, I know I got on him for not being as strong on the breakaway as he's been this season, overall he played great and the previous two games while his play was somewhat uneven he shut the door in the third.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods

The guy was pulled twice, off his game, and helped lead us back from down 3-1. He wins a game in front of those garbage fans in game 6 overcoming his previous demons. Then in game 7 he keeps us alive all night long. The ONLY reason I think we have any prayer in round 2 is because we have this guy. There is no one in the playoffs i'd rather have in goal. We owe EVERYTHING we have been able to enjoy this season to 31.
And gets a very important assist during all of it.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
He came up big today, I know I got on him for not being as strong on the breakaway as he's been this season, overall he played great and the previous two games while his play was somewhat uneven he shut the door in the third.

Apart from the break away goal where he looked awkward he definetly shut the door when the team needed it the most. The 3rd period was a clinic.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019

Well said. I have nothing else to add other than I'm proud of the guy for bouncing back when the pressure was at its peak.

It's one thing to be consistently dominant. That's always great and we love that sure.

But it's another thing to struggle and continue to plug away to bounce back. The kid showed he has character when things aren't going well. And that's a great quality to have in a young player.

I really do think he's gotten over a "hump" during game 7. I also agree with the poster above who said he still isn't back to himself on breakaways yet - I hope he's working on those with Allaire.

Reactions: Cuckoo4Kakko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad