Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Shesterkin had a couple of starts that weren’t up to his standard but nothing even in the vicinity of what has happened the past two games. He has never, ever looked like he has looked in these past two games. Forgetting that he has been left out to dry in ways that even Hasek would be getting lit up on, I still don’t believe he’s been at 100% since the Carter collision. We’re so used to players selling things for a call that we always assume it’s embellishment but given the stark contrast in play before the hit and play after the hit, I’m going to take Shesterkin’s reaction to the hit at face value and say that he was in discomfort and has been off since.

Maybe, but those two games in the regular season were definitely similar to these two games. One he allowed 5 goals in a period and the other I believe it was 4 in a little more than a period. I hope it's because he's playing hurt but then he shouldn't play. Also, I just always assume someone's healthy unless they're not playing or healthy enough not to be a total liability.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Henrik Lundqvist first NHL Playoffs
0-3
4.40 GAA
.835 SV%

Just not a big game performer.

What a garbage argument. He was 22 years old.

Was he? Many think Igor is too.
You’ve got to admit Igor was playing well the first 2 games when he had a .952 SV%, no? He bailed us out so much those first two games, his first playoff game he put up the franchise record for saves in a game and the 2nd most in NHL history! no one is returning the favor. The whole team is playing like shit and I just don’t think Igor is near the top of the list. Mika has been a ghost the entire series.

Mika played well in the first 2 games. Where are the excuses for him?

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
He better be ready for the Pitt crowd - they are gonna start the chant soon as he hits the ice

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He was clearly rattled by the Pittsburgh crowd. Did not see that coming.

Tonight he gets his confidence back, and Friday he goes to Pittsburgh and plays like a Vezina trophy winner.

I've gotten on him quite a bit but there's just no way in my mind that Pittsburgh crowd chanting his name in mocking fashion is the reason he gave up 10 goals in 3 periods. That seems preposterous to me.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I've gotten on him quite a bit but there's just no way in my mind that Pittsburgh crowd chanting his name in mocking fashion is the reason he gave up 10 goals in 3 periods. That seems preposterous to me.
It probably wasn't, he just wasn't good. I think Occams Razor is applicable here. Everyone looks for crazy explanations, Shit happens.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Oh he deserves all the accolades he was fantastic this season no matter what happens in the next few games.

That said if he flubs a Puck like he did last night, trade his ass. Lol

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The team was atrocious in front of him. Sometimes you try to do too much and over compensate.

His movement and positioning has been way off. He has not been himself. He's been erratic

We will 100% need him fully locked in tomorrow.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Good for him. I think the last goalie to be a Hart finalist was Bobrovsky.

Rangers Hart nominees in the cap era

2022 Shesterkin
2020 Panarin
2012 Lundqvist
2006 Jagr

Matthews will win it but it's still cool to be honored.

Reactions: Crease

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
This comes at the perfect timing. Anything to boost that confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad