Friedman: Iginla willing to waive his NMC this season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
I would. Iginla at 50 % and a sixth for desharnais and a fourth . Habs giving up higher pick for 850,000 in cap relief. Igilna with his character and a last chance

750 in cap relief and DD right now is the better player.
We DON'T want Iginla period.
He's NOW complete trash.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Too late, Iggy. That ship has sailed. You suck now.
I wonder if he came to this decision during the 10-1 shellacking.

WTF is wrong with people.

The guy has only missed 3-4 games in the last three seasons and had 20+ goals in each of those seasons.

Everyone gets insane over completely unproven 20 year olds that have never sniffed 40 points, meanwhile the guy that's averaged over 50 pts in the last three seasons "sucks".

Jerome will fetch a decent return and would be huge for a playoff contender. He's made for the playoffs (still).

(And I'm a Canucks fan - not remotely an Iginla fan.)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I feel bad for Iginla. Yes his play has taken a major nosedive but he signed with Colorado after they won the central division as the youngest team in hockey since he saw them having a future and the team around him is just an absolute dumpster fire.

I hope he gets picked up somewhere and wins a cup. He lacks talent but is just a phenomenal guy. As bad as Colorado (and Iginla) are he's one of the few guys out there who still gives a ****. At his age for him to care like he does when nobody else around him does means a lot. He's a true class act and as an Avs fan I don't care if we get anything back in return. I just hope he gets rewarded.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
And why would the Avs want Wideman?

If they give us a decent pick, they can have him...

The better question is why would Wideman, an upcoming UFA, waive his NMC to join an Av's team with zero chance of making the playoffs? I would love to dump Wideman but he is not agreeing to that deal anyhow.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
I see a Jimbo move coming. We have too many draft picks and a top 6 20g scorer in need to put this team over the top!!!1

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
LA gives up a 4th for Iginla at 50% if Iginla will promise to retire at the end of the season. Iginla reunites with Sutter for one legit shot at the Cup.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Bouma + 3rd round pick

for

Iginla + 5th round pick

With the emergence of Hathaway and Ferland Calgary didn't missed Bouma when he was out but he's still a good,young hard nosed character player the Av's could use. Iginla would likely play his last few months on the 3rd/4th line and spot in on the 2nd PP unit and end his career back home.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Bouma + 3rd round pick

for

Iginla + 5th round pick

With the emergence of Hathaway and Ferland Calgary didn't missed Bouma when he was out but he's still a good,young hard nosed character player the Av's could use. Iginla would likely play his last few months on the 3rd/4th line and spot in on the 2nd PP unit and end his career back home.

Can you just give us a 2nd instead ?

Or a 3rd + 5th straight up?

No offense to Bouma but we never have any luck with "cast-offs" or expendables from other teams.

Rather take the picks straight up.

Also we need to get more picks in general. Not only upgrade them. We seriously need more depth.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

No offense to Bouma but we never have any luck with "cast-offs" or expendables from other teams.

Also we need to get more picks in general. Not only upgrade them. We seriously need more depth.

The point is we need to get rid of a forward. :laugh:

Bouma just doesn't really have a home in Calgary; Hathaway stole his spot and does his job significantly better.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
The point is we need to get rid of a forward. :laugh:

Bouma just doesn't really have a home in Calgary; Hathaway stole his spot and does his job significantly better.

Just realized he has an extra year at 2.2M left.

That makes it a complete no starter.

You would have to give us a 2nd++ if you want us to take on that contract and give you Iggy.

EDIT:

@ Johnnybegood13:

We already have way too many cast-offs clogging up our cap. We really don't need more of them.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003

Cast offs are sometimes far more important sometimes than picks for building a team, especially when they're young, Bouma is loved by his teammates and will go to war for them. If he stays healthy he's a very valuable player to any team lacking his type of player.

I'm no expert on the Avalanche but it seems to me they are far too easy to play against

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad