Friedman: Iginla willing to waive his NMC this season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
I don't think Iginla will command a 2nd round pick. In all honesty, Sakic and Iginla have a personal relationship and I think that he will move him to the team that Iggy wants to be traded to.

Edmonton makes some sense on a few levels.

If Iginla waives his NMC, it's because he wants to go to a cup contender, which automatically rules out Edmonton.

Zero chance he goes there.

Kings, Hawks, Rangers and Habs are likely the only teams Iginla waives his NMC for at this point.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Hall for Larssen. Tanev is as good as Larssen and Hall is better than Landeskog.

Oh wait, I forgot.........it's an Av so.............Landeskog for Virtanen, Horvat, Stecher and 10 future 1st round picks. Gotcha.

You keep waiting there for that Taylor Hall return for your better than Larsson piece buddy. I'm sure it will happen anytime...

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
If Iginla waives his NMC, it's because he wants to go to a cup contender, which automatically rules out Edmonton.

Kings, Hawks, Rangers and Habs are likely the only teams Iginla waives his NMC for at this point.

We'll see. Given Iginla's connections to Edmonton and prior relationship with Chia I can see it happening.

But I also understand that is a touchy scenario for Flames fans.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Where are the Avs fans to make proclamations about everyone drinking with respect to these proposals?

eca13411ececa48e1c2445040d7f5118.jpg

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Hall for Larssen. Tanev is as good as Larssen and Hall is better than Landeskog.

Oh wait, I forgot.........it's an Av so.............Landeskog for Virtanen, Horvat, Stecher and 10 future 1st round picks. Gotcha.

No ya you're completely right.

Tanev is actually better then Drew Doughty. That's why I said Landeskog + 2nd wasn't enough.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015

"But Mom, that kid got TWO chocolate bars!"

Sorry, son. I don't care what that other kid got.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011

You don't actually think this do you...

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Wouldn't even trade DD for him.

I would. Iginla at 50 % and a sixth for desharnais and a fourth . Habs giving up higher pick for 850,000 in cap relief. Igilna with his character and a last chance

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He's the definition of "hanging on too long".

Nope, there are many worse examples.

Iggy scored 22 goals last year.

If he continues the slump and comes back next year then maybe you can say that.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
:rangers

RW Janine Iginla (50% retained)

:avs

RW Jesper Fast

Edit: thanks autocorrect, that's pretty much how he plays

Aestivalis

Oct 29, 2013

There's no way the Hawks can take him in trade. If he wanted to go to Chicago, he'd literally have to go on unconditional waivers and have his contract terminated first.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Serious question. Can he outplay Chiasson on the 3rd line?

I haven't watched him much this year.

Probably too slow for our 4th line.

Oct 18, 2011
could see him helping a contender if he was willing to accept a 4th line and PP role. that team is a mess in a more structured environment with good veteran players he may be able to help

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad