Friedman: Iginla willing to waive his NMC this season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Weast

May 16, 2011
Iginla to anywhere for a second round pick is a done deal. Hell Iginla to anywhere for a 5th round pick would be a done deal.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
It says eh wants to go to a contender so this is probably a moot post but I figure ill make it anyway as it could have some validity

Iggy to Edmonton at the trade deadline would be a really smart pick up for them provided they are in playoff hunt. It would bring him home, it would provide Edmonton with an incredible leader and role model if only for 20-30 games, he could get re-motivated and be a ok depth option at 5x5 and he could be used on the PP. But biggest benefit will just be having him around as a mentor and guy some of the players can model their games after

If the price was right they should look into it

Iggy and Mike Green to Edmonton at TDL if Edmonton is trying for a playoff push to make it in and those teams are out could be 2 smart moves

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Don't see Iginla wanting to come to Calgary unless all of the legit contenders pass on him. But in that case, Wideman would have to go back the other way. Not giving up high picks (3rd or better) for what is essentially a bottom six depth player.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Don't see Iginla wanting to come to Calgary unless all of the legit contenders pass on him. But in that case, Wideman would have to go back the other way. Not giving up high picks (3rd or better) for what is essentially a bottom six depth player.

I'd rather just offer him a PTO in the offseason, see if he can rebound a bit with the Flames. Tons of dead cap coming off the books, so Calgary SHOULD be in much better shape next season,

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
im ok with iginla leaving for free to where ever he wants.

He deserves to be where he wants and im sure a team will be very willing to have him.

He is an absolute stud but father time can be cruel *grumble grumble jagr grumble* but he is a living playing legend that deserves the best class a treatment.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
im ok with iginla leaving for free to where ever he wants.

He deserves to be where he wants and im sure a team will be very willing to have him.

He is an absolute stud but father time can be cruel *grumble grumble jagr grumble* but he is a living playing legend that deserves the best class a treatment.

I'm sure there are teams that would take him for a limited role. 4th line minutes + powerplay time.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
WTF is wrong with people.

The guy has only missed 3-4 games in the last three seasons and had 20+ goals in each of those seasons.

Everyone gets insane over completely unproven 20 year olds that have never sniffed 40 points, meanwhile the guy that's averaged over 50 pts in the last three seasons "sucks".

Jerome will fetch a decent return and would be huge for a playoff contender. He's made for the playoffs (still).

(And I'm a Canucks fan - not remotely an Iginla fan.)

Ah yes, I see the problem. We're talking about Jarome Iginla, not Jerome. No idea about the guy you're describing but he doesn't play for the Avalanche.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Would be great for Iginla to go to a Cup contender. He's 40 next year so retirement has to be on his mind.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I'd rather just offer him a PTO in the offseason, see if he can rebound a bit with the Flames. Tons of dead cap coming off the books, so Calgary SHOULD be in much better shape next season,

I imagine he'll retire after this season.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
i think he would get more then 4th line mins with sutter coaching U would think the lineup would be

Gaborik kopitar Iggy
pearson Carter Toffoli
king dowd brown
clifford shore Lewis

Id say that would be a lineup that could go far in the playoffs imo

We would be better off keeping Lewison the top line over Iggy and I don't think Lewis should ever be higher than the 3rd line. Iggy is a shell of what he was and putting him on a top line these days is just silly, he can't cut it anymore.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
He doesn't score anymore and he doesn't care about the defensive side of hockey

and he's 39

and he makes 5.3

7th rounder

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
We would be better off keeping Lewison the top line over Iggy and I don't think Lewis should ever be higher than the 3rd line. Iggy is a shell of what he was and putting him on a top line these days is just silly, he can't cut it anymore.

Not in my opinion Sutter would get iggy on track imo Look what happened with Lecavalier people said the exact same about him and look how good that worked out. Our pp is a dismal Iggy still can shoot the puck I would love to see him get 13-15 mins a night mostly on pp. When he is on the ice id love to see what him gaborik and kopitar could do, Kopitar needs a better shooter then lewis We need lewis to move back down. The way sutter blenders the lines lewis would still get shifts up with kopitar just not as many. Have him play the defensive zone mins/

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
No fing way we should give a 2nd for him he is very bad. Keep the pick and use it as that may help our team at some point. Have you watched him play in the last year or two. The game has passed him by.

it does help this team it rids us of greene's extra year and we would get iginla for the same price as greene. This would also let us keep gravel up when McNabb comes back. Lets not forget the extra 2.5 million for greenes contract next year is needed to resign both pearson and toffoli

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
He doesn't score anymore and he doesn't care about the defensive side of hockey

and he's 39

and he makes 5.3

7th rounder

Maybe he doesn't care because it's hard to be motivated as an old guy on a bad team. I think it's entirely possible that we'd see a minor resurgence if he was on a competitive, more structured, team.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Really felt bad for Iggy at the end of the 2003-04 SC Finals with Calgary where he desperately wanted to win the Cup with Calgary but ended up blowing a gasket at the end of the series.

Colorado will most likely wait until the trade deadline to trade Iginla to a contending team. This season will be Iginla's last chance at winning a SC Championship, as his skating and play on the ice has drastically deteriorated, sad to see Iggy at the end of some of his shifts this season huffing and puffing behind the play.

Iginla will probably end up serving as a 4th line RWer, same role as Zubrus with San Jose in playoffs last season.

Colorado will be lucky to even get a 2nd rounder for Iggy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad