Speculation: IF the Leafs don’t look legit

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
They were unwatchable the second half of last season. I’d rather they ice an entertaining team.
Wait, what! the chase for 70 wasn't just the greatest, the most thrilling electrifying story in sports entertainment, it was the actual preliminaries in the real chase for 13 and a half

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Holy f*** I’ve seen you say this over and over again acting like it’s a matter of fact.

Firstly, NMC’s ARE MOVEABLE, they get moved. They give players securities but if the situation is ass which it is in this scenario, the player won’t want to stick around. Whether he gives a 1 team list or 5, Marner might not want to stick around if we suck by tdl

Secondly, if you read what I said, “CONVINCE MARNER TO BE DEALT”, I never said anywhere that we can outright deal him, but like I said again, if we are somehow out of the playoff picture, why wouldn’t we at least approach and ask him where he’d be fine going.

Read the post then reply, not the other way around

Marner isn’t even holding up a move. He hasn’t been asked. The leafs don’t want to move him and haven’t asked him to waive his clause. So all of the arguing is for not my brother.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
That play where he injured himself is prime example of how bad they were to watch.

To be fair to the players going into the season they knew it was a write off year and their play reflected it. Maybe they were subconsciously trying to get the coach fired.

It was a mess to watch.

They won’t sell Marner or Matthews jersey at the arena this year?
They won’t sell 20 Marner jersey every home game. If they did that would be 4000 bucks, prorated less than 200,000 a year. Big whoop!

Reactions: Nineteen67

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
All the stuff you can be true, but I asked how do you rate his performance the past two playoffs.

The answer you gave isn’t as blunt as the former player, broadcaster that stood at ice level covering the series and said he looked disinterested, but we can assume you said the same thing. Am I right?
His last two playoffs didn't look the greatest. Last season, he was dealing with a high ankle issue prior which caused him to miss games. High ankle sprains can be tough to fully heal. Especially for athletes who use them constantly. All of this (Including the broadcaster) is simply giving an opinion. I am wary of people who make make money by writing or talking about it though. They may have vested interest in drumming up stories.

Reactions: ACC1224

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Wait, what! the chase for 70 wasn't just the greatest, the most thrilling electrifying story in sports entertainment, it was the actual preliminaries in the real chase for 13 and a half
That 2 1/2 minute all out shift at the end of the season was pretty good. Came up a little short but that’s par for the course.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Yes Mitchy plays PK, but he should not. He doesn't skate, he doesn't forcheck, he forms the box...that's it. With him wasting time on pk, other 3rd line guys who should be on pk feel useless and the core dominates thus we have no team. Nobody has a role except Mitchy, and he fails at both pk and pp.
Guess well have to agree to disagree on that one. His anticipation is high level and is good at takeaways. He was nominated for Selke prior for a reason. As for other players filling in on the PK, I'm all for it if they were better defensively. If you can name 4 forwards on the Leafs who are better defensively than Marner, I'm all ears.

Reactions: Confucius

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
His last two playoffs didn't look the greatest. Last season, he was dealing with a high ankle issue prior which caused him to miss games. High ankle sprains can be tough to fully heal. Especially for athletes who use them constantly. All of this (Including the broadcaster) is simply giving an opinion. I am wary of people who make make money by writing or talking about it though. They may have vested interest in drumming up stories.
He wasn’t very good despite being rested. After 6 yrs of the same thing happening why are you surprised that some fans want change?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Guess well have to agree to disagree on that one. His anticipation is high level and is good at takeaways. He was nominated for Selke prior for a reason. As for other players filling in on the PK, I'm all for it if they were better defensively. If you can name 4 forwards on the Leafs who are better defensively than Marner, I'm all ears.
Aren't there with and without PK stats?

Wouldn't they be an indicator of proficiency?

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
You guys are all gonna shit yourselves when both JT and Mitchy are resigned and Shanny is extended for another 5 years. I cannot wait lmao

1622649220170.gif

Reactions: Confucius

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He's fine on the PK but for me I'd replace him there if possible. That is a place where they could cut down some of his minutes, which I think needs to happen. I get as a Coach you want your best players on the ice as much as possible but those tough PK minutes seem to take a toll on him.

Reactions: nsleaf

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Marner isn’t even holding up a move. He hasn’t been asked. The leafs don’t want to move him and haven’t asked him to waive his clause. So all of the arguing is for not my brother.
I'm not insinuating that, it just incorrect seeing people say "but NMC so impossible to move the player" which isn't correct. We've seen players waive in the past, for scenarios almost exactly like these.

But lets set a scenario, leafs are struggling and are sitting outside a playoff spot. Marner has his numbers, around a 90 point pace, but hasn't signed because the team and player can't agree on a number. Would it not be smart to at least sit down and explain how things haven't worked out and asking marner for a list of teams he'd be willing to go to. Whether it's 1 team or 30 teams, there's nothing wrong with seeing what's out there and even pulling the trigger if the player and team cannnot reach an agreement

the whole thread is about the team not being good, and in the event marner hasn't been signed i'd see whats out there and deal him

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
How ShitPyro still has a job is baffling to me

In 8 yrs he managed to take a young team with lots of hope and baseball talent and treat it like a feeder for the league draining the talent by trade or letting it walk and turning the real hope that was here into a team with no future.
It's pretty clear to me that their so called "talent" is not very good. To lose playoff games on base running errors, being picked off at 2nd, etc. is just an example. You never saw garbage like that when TOR won their two World Series Championships. Even an average player like Candy Maldonado knew how to hit a sacrifice fly.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Wtf does it even matter. If you care about how they dress that just shows you as an insecure person imo. It shouldn’t matter how an athlete dresses, if they like to dance, if they like to play video games, if they have fake teeth, if they are married, if they love models. None of that should honestly matter. What matters is what do they do on the ice plain and simple. Everything else who the fck cares. It’s an outfit.
Everything a player does reflects on the team, your welcome to cheer for a bunch of effeminate players if you want, personally I’d prefer to be proud of the team I support. We as Leaf fans do we need more reasons to be embarrassed for supporting the team……..

• Haha
Reactions: francis246

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
He's fine on the PK but for me I'd replace him there if possible. That is a place where they could cut down some of his minutes, which I think needs to happen. I get as a Coach you want your best players on the ice as much as possible but those tough PK minutes seem to take a toll on him.
Our PK is suspect as is. I would only replace him if there was a forward who is on par or better defensively.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
No one has crystal ball, we don’t know what can or will happen this year. If some fans are apathetic or have negative views because of past failures that is fair and warranted but there are a lot of fans that are also optimistic because they love the leafs and want them to succeed with the core we have which is also fair. The core will make the playoffs they’ve never missed outside of 2020, that’s one thing they’ve shown. Now it’s their last kick together to to prove everyone wrong. I really like the Berube hire, so I def believe the identity of the team will be different and really that’s all they need with the talent they have.
I can only go off of the record we have with this core group. I absolutely want the Leafs to succeed, however I couldn’t care less if it’s with this core or different players. I was hoping that last year was their final shot without major changes being made to the core and the structure of this team. This is one of the most unlikable cores that I have seen in my 4 decades of being a leaf fan. We have had worse talented cores and worse results but with the talent most of these guys have to see it wasted and then watch the delusional press conferences is beyond words…….sorry, rant over
lol

I'd think everyone has his jersey. Now if they traded for a new player, jersey sales would increase, no?
Another good reason to dump his a$$

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Being nominated for an award and losing is kinda like making the playoffs and flaming out first round……yes

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Everything a player does reflects on the team, your welcome to cheer for a bunch of effeminate players if you want, personally I’d prefer to be proud of the team I support. We as Leaf fans do we need more reasons to be embarrassed for supporting the team……..

I’ve been around a lot of NHLers, some of best friends either got a cup of coffee in the NHL or AHL. They literally act the same as Marner or Nylander. The only thing is they ain’t gonna let you record it or they aren’t going to upload it.

You think MacKinnon and whoever you love gawking doesn’t wear crazy stuff or take his shirt off and take pics? Get a grip man. You clearly have not been around anyone in sports. Everyone does it, some are more comfortable posting it, others just prefer to do it with their friends.

As I said, if what another man/woman/human is wearing, doing, eating, playing, dancing has any effect on your daily life or mindset, you need a shrink to help you with your insecurities.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I’ve been around a lot of NHLers, some of best friends either got a cup of coffee in the NHL or AHL. They literally act the same as Marner or Nylander. The only thing is they ain’t gonna let you record it or they aren’t going to upload it.

You think MacKinnon and whoever you love gawking doesn’t wear crazy stuff or take his shirt off and take pics? Get a grip man. You clearly have not been around anyone in sports. Everyone does it, some are more comfortable posting it, others just prefer to do it with their friends.

As I said, if what another man/woman/human is wearing, doing, eating, playing, dancing has any effect on your daily life or mindset, you need a shrink to help you with your insecurities.
The irony, this entire thread is filled with your posts raging out at people because of something they said on the internet that you disagree with.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I mean, a majority of this board would trade both of those players today let alone when we’re not actual contenders…
Yeah really. I would say the offers just aren't good enough yet. Once an owner realizes his team won't make the playoffs the offers will get better.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Lmao. How does me saying Marner is not the issue equate to 'run it back x many more years"? Did any of the core 4 dominate as you had hoped for all these years? Did our coach put on a masterclass? Did our starter at the time play well in the playoffs? I guarantee that you can't say "yes" to any of the àbove. But yeah.. Marner
You said you would offer him a contract and Tavares a reduced contract, hence my saying so run it back again and again and again til they retire because thats what your effectively saying.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Being nominated for an award and losing is kinda like making the playoffs and flaming out first round……yes
More like being a top 5 team, how many guys get nominated? Doesn’t matter anyway, how much did the last few Selke winners make, surely we wouldn’t pay a guy that was nominated more than the guys that actually won.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad