OT: Bears & NFL Talk 99 (also 2024 NFL Draft GDT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Ugh. Hate hearing that.

Eberflus provided no updates on Allen or Moore. Didn't sound like he was concerned about their availability the upcoming week.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Gervon Dexter had a very passable game as a 3T against a fairly good LG in Skoronski. I don't know if he'll be a real difference maker this season, but I do think he looked better yesterday than he did most if not all of last season.

After seeing that video, it's not just precautionary. Good chance his season is over, IMO.
Worth noting that he DID get back on the field after that play. It was on that play he clearly noticed something was wrong and hopped off.

But yeah, I'm not optimistic.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
After seeing that video, it's not just precautionary. Good chance his season is over, IMO.

Nah I would be shocked if it's that extreme. He played the next snap, albeit in alot of pain. I'm thinking 2-4 week timetable. Still not ideal, but at least not a wasted rookie year.

It's poetic though that it was Velus Jones running the ball when it happened. As if he couldn't get any more hated by this fan base.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Nah I would be shocked if it's that extreme. He played the next snap, albeit in alot of pain. I'm thinking 2-4 week timetable. Still not ideal, but at least not a wasted rookie year.

It's poetic though that it was Velus Jones running the ball when it happened. As if he couldn't get any more hated by this fan base.
You just never know with knee injuries. The most inconsequential looking thing can tear the shit out of them. Think of all the non-contact knee ligament tears in RBs and WRs in football.

Anyways, looks like it's a sprain and he'll be week to week. That's good news for sure.

And Velus needs to be fired into the sun. The guy should be cut after that performance. He should have been cut before this year. He shouldn't have made the team. He's just not good.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
This probably means he misses the road games against the Texans and Colts. Might be back against the Rams.

If I've learned anything from following the NFL, it's that if you tear your knee, make sure it's something that has blood flow. MCL is fairly fine, meniscus and ACL are probably really bad.

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
This probably means he misses the road games against the Texans and Colts. Might be back against the Rams.

If I've learned anything from following the NFL, it's that if you tear your knee, make sure it's something that has blood flow. MCL is fairly fine, meniscus and ACL are probably really bad.
Are you a Hawks fan as well or just a Bears fan? I never see you post here but noticed you're from Evanston

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Why the heck was Keenan Allen targeted THE MOST after he missed time the most out of anyone in the receiving room (TE and RB included) in the pre-season?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pez68

Praetorian Caps

May 15, 2018
Word on the street is Rome has a grade 1 MCL Sprain. Week to week. Already off to a great start, this season. 🤢

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

This is f***ing disgusting. Tyreek Hill arrest yesterday... those cops need to be fired. Don't need shit cops like them on the streets
It's not too much to ask that he keeps his tinted windows rolled down. Common sense as to why that would escalate the situation for the police officers. Not excusing the cops from manhandling him like that but you've got to listen to them when they tell you to do something

Reactions: Hawkaholic

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It's not too much to ask that he keeps his tinted windows rolled down. Common sense as to why that would escalate the situation for the police officers. Not excusing the cops from manhandling him like that but you've got to listen to them when they tell you to do something
You only have to have your window down enough to speak to the officer(s). There's no law that says you have to fully roll the window down. This is absolute insanity that stemmed from a seatbelt not being warn. These are the dogshit type of cops that give all cops a bad name. Didn't let him talk. Didn't let him explain anything. Dragged him out of the car like a ragdoll. Knelt on his back. Tried to force him down onto his knees when he just had knee surgery and kept trying to tell em that. Just gross shit.

Last edited:

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Classic "not excusing but". If it were anything but a power trip they de-escalate (as they are supposedly trained to do) when he rolls the window back down. Everything that followed was about not being obeyed. "You've got to listen to them" or they'll pull you out of your car and pin you to the ground even after you comply. Can't believe people really think this is a necessity for law and order.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm not excusing them yanking him out of the car and pinning him to the ground. Keep your tinted window rolled down when a cop is pulling you over. That's not too much to ask JFC

Reactions: Crow

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm not excusing them yanking him out of the car and pinning him to the ground. Keep your tinted window rolled down when a cop is pulling you over. That's not too much to ask JFC
He already had the window down all the way once. They saw in the car. They got his license. He rolled it down enough to talk to them when they asked him to after that. Not sure why he needs to just keep the window all the way down as if that's some kind of law. The whole "You have to just do whatever a cop says because they're a cop." mentality is f***ed up. It's hot and humid in Florida this time of year. Why wouldn't he want it up to stay cool? It was 90 degrees with 65% humidity when they pulled him over. The whole situation is f***ed, and it likely costs one or two of these guys their jobs. And will cost the city money in the ensuing lawsuit that Hill files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad