Speculation: IF the Leafs don’t look legit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Um, it is a matter of fact. They have no movement clauses. That cannot be disputed.

Only if the player agrees, and MM has said he is staying.

You have no idea what a player will or will not want to do so your argument is baseless.

Or he might.

He has said he is staying.

You have argued from the assumption that he will agree. That assumption is baseless.

They can ask all they want, and he can tell them to go f**k themselves each and every time.

Grab a clue then post, not the other way around.

Huh?

It could easily speak to their personality, one which is not conducive to winning.
Marner can stay all he wants

Leafs can tell him to f*** off in a year.

Dont allocate any future cap towards a proven failure like Mitchell Marner

Simple as that. He plays this year out because he isnt fine with being traded and then he goes to a new team.

Retool starts 2025/2026 with 2 core players removed in Tavares and Marner

Ride this season out, lose to Boston for a 5th time and then retool the culture and team build with cap from Tavares + Marner + cap raise

Reactions: Wrong Wilson

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
I want both guys gone unless they are willing to take massive pay cuts.

If they want to be a hero again, tell Tavares to take a league min, tell Marner to take 7-8. They won't because at the end of the day playing in Toronto isn't THAT important to them.

The problem is that the architect of this failure in Shanahan is still here and ownership loves them, so I think they'll all be back, Marner will get his massive contract, Tavares will get 6-7 and c'est la vie run the losers back one more time.

What's crazy is the Ferguson and Burke era was seen as awful for only producing at most 3 playoff wins in a season. The Shanahan era is by far the most talented arguably in modern Leaf history and they've produced 5 playoff wins in a season (we ignore all the embarrassments; losing to the zamboni driver/CBJ/Montreal etc because we have to be #Positive in Toronto otherwise we're "running people out of town" for wanting accountability).

I'd argue the Shanahan era is even worse because of how bad the team let everyone down and the absolutely pathetic display from the president to the gm to the coach to the players, overpaid losers all of them.

At this point if as a fan you have any hope left, I want what you're smoking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad