Speculation: If Marchand leaves Boston where is the best fit?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Did Eriksson, Ladd, Okposo, Lucic and others not get $6 million AAV or so deals? Why is Marchand going to get a million more than literally 7 other top line players :laugh:

I mean, come on. Eriksson had 30 goals and 63 points last year. Marchand had 37 goals and 60 point last year. Why is Eriksson only getting $6 million but Marchand will get over $7 million?

Eriksson is no Marchand watched them lots thx

We will never know coz he won't hit open market.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Money aside, the Flames would be a great fit IMO. Marchand with Bennett would be phenomenal or if he can play RW with Gaudreau and Monahan would be deadly.

According to General Fanager the flames have 43 million committed to next season so even after you factor in deals for Johnny Gaudreau and Benett they could still make an offer

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He'd fit nicely next to just about any good playmaking cerebral center.

Crosby
Tavares
Giroux
Kopitar

All come to mind and would love to have him on their LW.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Eriksson is no Marchand watched them lots thx

We will never know coz he won't hit open market.

Amazing rebuttal, you've convined me :sarcasm:

Marchand is looking at around $6 million if he's hits UFA next year. He might get a little more because the free agent market next year won't be as saturated with top-6 wingers, but he won't get much more. To act like he's a vastly better player than the guys signed this summer is just hilariously inaccurate. He's a top line winger just like Lucic, Eriksson and Okposo are.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Amazing rebuttal, you've convined me :sarcasm:

Marchand is looking at around $6 million if he's hits UFA next year. He might get a little more because the free agent market next year won't be as saturated with top-6 wingers, but he won't get much more. To act like he's a vastly better player than the guys signed this summer is just hilariously inaccurate. He's a top line winger just like Lucic, Eriksson and Okposo are.

Think what you want bro, comparing him to those players just tells me you need to watch him more.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Did Eriksson, Ladd, Okposo, Lucic and others not get $6 million AAV or so deals? Why is Marchand going to get a million more than literally 7 other top line players :laugh:

I mean, come on. Eriksson had 30 goals and 63 points last year. Marchand had 37 goals and 60 point last year. Why is Eriksson only getting $6 million but Marchand will get over $7 million?

Why is Guadreau asking for 8 million? Eriksson is older and getting over 2 concussions, more of a gamble. Lucic will decline faster, Ladd is older, okposo has an eye injury history.

After Jamie Benn last year no Canadian scored more goals then Marchand and he never plays the powerplay...let that sink in. Add to that if his stats drop he has more value then just a scorer. He is an elite PK guy and is usually in the top 3 for short handed goals. His chemisty with Bergeron means he should be going nowhere.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If the Pens manage to trade Fleury for nothing, lose Sheary to expansion (that's actually not that unrealistic, especially if he's playing on Crosby's wing for the year), don't re-sign Bonino and sign Marchand to the same contract that Ladd, Okposo and Eriksson got, the Pens would have:

Marchand ($6)-Crosby ($8.7)-Hornqvist ($4.25)
Hagelin ($4)-Malkin ($9.5)-Kessel ($6.8)
Rust ($650k)-Fehr ($2)-Sprong ($925k)
Wilson ($625k)-Sundqvist ($800k)-Kuhnhackl ($625k)
XXXXXX-XXXXXX

Dumoulin ($3.75)-Letang ($7.25)
Maatta ($4)-XXXXXX
Cole ($2.1)-Schultz ($1.6)
Pouliot ($1)

Murray ($4)-XXXXXXX

That lineup costs $68.575 million, which would leave around $6.5 million to get a 2nd pair RD (which I actually think Pouliot might become, I think he breaks out this year), a backup goalie and 2 extra forwards. So they could probably make Marchand work. If Pouliot breaks out, he'll be looking at closer to $3 million I'd guess, but even then, they can get a backup goalie and 3 extra players for $3.5 million. If they can get someone like Guentzel to be able to take the 3C spot, that would help even more.

Marchand is already making $4.5 million for 1 more year, Doubt he signs for $6 million per more like 7 years $49 million more or less.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Marchand is already making $4.5 million for 1 more year, Doubt he signs for $6 million per more like 7 years $49 million more or less.

Like I said in other posts, I was just basing his new contract off of what Eriksson and Lucic got, which I think are fair comparables. He may get more because there probably won't be as many top-6 wingers available for next summer. I think all of Oshie, Marchand, Radulov, Steen, Marleau and Sharp have to hit free agency next year for the market to be as saturated as it was this summer.

jmb412

Feb 20, 2016
Pittsburgh
I'd love him on the Pens

Pens will have a lot of cap to play with next year also

Kunitz - $3.850

Bonino - $1.9

Cullen - $1

Daley - $3.3

Dupuis - $3.75

And about a 95% chance Fleury gets traded before the expansion draft

Fleury - $5.75

If the Pens can get Marchand for $6.5 - $7 mil, they absolutely should.

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
If Chia can trade Pouliot.

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Marchand-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi

Former GM is here, friends like Lucic and Ference are here.

New arena. Get to play Vancouver a lot. :laugh:

No idea where he will sign but don't count out the Oilers.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Vancity

Marchand Patrick Boeser
Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Baertchi Horvat Hansen
Gaunce Sutter Etem

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
If Chia can trade Pouliot.

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Marchand-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi

Former GM is here, friends like Lucic and Ference are here.

New arena. Get to play Vancouver a lot. :laugh:

No idea where he will sign but don't count out the Oilers.

You need that cap for Mcdavid ;)

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Truthfully he is the type of player with the style that he could fit on any team.

MOOKER411

Nov 13, 2009
KERROBERT, SASK
If Marchand leaves I think Pittsburg would be the destination.

With Bergeron signed for this and the next 5 years beyond at $6.785 per...I think Marchand will do a 5 year extension beyond this season for $6.5 annually. He is right up there but should he get more than Bergeron ? I don't think that he would try to get more IF he stays in Boston. As a free agent ? He can definitely get more than $6.5 per but I would really be surprised if he gets more than Bergeron staying in Boston. Chara, Rask and Krejci are all making more BUT they are also over paid and other than Rask I think Chara and Krejci will be moved during this season as I just don't see the playoffs happening just yet without a very big improvement on the backend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad