Line Combos: Ideal Lines Vs. Projected Lines 2024/2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I think Peru comes up in people's thoughts because of the "loss" of Krug and not because they like Peru. Like him or not Krug did have a great short passing game inside the offensive zone but to me this just gives us a chance to completely restructure our PP units with a clean slate. I think the Blues can figure out a better way to do it than play Peru for any minutes. Plus his dad has a buddy at United Fruit when this doesn't work out.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Neighbors - Thomas - Kyrou
Saad - Buchy - Bolduc
Schenn - Holloway - Texier
Joseph - Faksa - Toropchenko
Ex: Sunny, Walker

Leddy-Parayko
Broberg-Faulk
Suter-Kessell
Ex: Joseph

Binner-Hofer
I think this is my favorite line up I've seen so far, not sure they trust Holloway at C quite yet but you can switch him and Schenn if necessary.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Updating my ideale lines:

Neighbours - Thomas - Bolduc
Holloway - Buchnevich - Kyrou
Saad - Schenn - Texier

Broberg - Parayko
Leddy - Faulk
Suter - Kessel

Binnington

Army has said he likes to think in pairs, in this case thats going to be Neighbours+Thomas, Buchnevich+Kyrou, Saad+Schenn and Faksa+Toropchenko. The 3rd player on those lines could differentiate, however I really like the idea of putting a shooter (Bolduc) on Thomas' line.

Not expecting this will come close to the actual lines though. ATM Thomas and Kyrou are on a line, Holloway is on a line with Faksa, etc.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Updating my ideale lines:

Neighbours - Thomas - Bolduc
Holloway - Buchnevich - Kyrou
Saad - Schenn - Texier

Broberg - Parayko
Leddy - Faulk
Suter - Kessel

Binnington

Army has said he likes to think in pairs, in this case thats going to be Neighbours+Thomas, Buchnevich+Kyrou, Saad+Schenn and Faksa+Toropchenko. The 3rd player on those lines could differentiate, however I really like the idea of putting a shooter (Bolduc) on Thomas' line.

Not expecting this will come close to the actual lines though. ATM Thomas and Kyrou are on a line, Holloway is on a line with Faksa, etc.
If Broberg can handle that assignment, I really like the look of those lines.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Gonna update my lines a little bit. It’s looking like they’re gonna be keeping Thomas/Kyrou together(even if I don’t like it), so this is what I can see them looking look like when Saad is back from paternity leave.

Neighbours-Thomas-Kyrou
Saad-Buchnevich-Bolduc
Holloway-Schenn-Joseph
Texier-Faksa-Toropchenko

Leddy-Parayko
Broberg-Faulk
Suter-Kessel

I know Schenn is probably best suited for the wing in the top 6, but I love the idea of that third line as an identity line that can put up points.

I also just do not want Faksa as the 3C, and I hope Holloway gets more runway there over the next week or so of camp. If they do that, I would switch these up a bit. If that happens, these would be my ideal lines.

Neighbours-Thomas-Schenn
Bolduc-Buchnevich-Kyrou
Saad-Holloway-Joseph
Texier-Faksa-Toropchenko

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Joseph-Faksa-Toropchenko makes too much sense as the 4th line. I love the Saad-Holloway pairing, but maybe Texier instead of Joseph on the other wing. I want Holloway at center. And Texier. I want both at center and one of them must become a decent center. DH has the upper hand on Tex as the 3C, but I think we are all pretty happy to have Texier as 3RW.

I also love the Neighbours-Thomas-Bolduc line. I don't see it as a full-time line because of the potential defensive issues, but that could be the most exciting 1st line in the NHL.

I like @Beauterham lines. The 2nd and 3rd lines are the most variable and interchangeable. But we know that players will play up and down lineup. Still fun to guess lines n stuff.

Neighbours-Thomas-Kyrou
Buchnevich-Schenn-Bolduc OR Bolduc-Buchnevich-Schenn
Saad-Holloway-Texier
Joseph-Faksa-Toropchenko

Those are my lines. I started with the 1st and 4th and configured the 2nd and 3rd from there.

D pairings? me no no

EDIT: Switched Bolduc and Kyrou.

Last edited:

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
@ChicagoBlues

My issue with putting both Bolduc and Neighbours with Thomas is that Robby faces the top lines of every team we play. I just don’t think it’d be smart to throw Bolduc to the wolves like that, and it’s why I’d want a Schenn/Kyrou/Saad with them. Buch too if he gets moved back to wing.

Joseph is also currently a better player than Texier, and from what I remember reading from CBJ fans is that Tex plays better with the heavy forecheck grinder-type guys.

I’d assume it’s because he’d be the play driver on that line, and not the third complementary guy. Joseph, however, thrives in that role. They’ll probably rotate lines throughout the year either way, but Joseph has always been someone who can be a guy who moves up and down the lineup, ala Barbashev.

Last edited:

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
@ChicagoBlues

My issue with putting both Bolduc and Neighbours with Thomas is that Robby faces the top lines of every team we play. I just don’t think it’d be smart to throw Bolduc to the wolves like that, and it’s why I’d want a Schenn/Kyrou/Saad with them. Buch too if he gets moved back to wing.

Joseph is also currently a better player than Texier, and from what I remember reading from CBJ fans is that Tex plays better with the heavy forecheck grinder-type guys.

I’d assume it’s because he’d be the play driver on that line, and not the third complementary guy. Joseph, however, thrives in that role. They’ll probably rotate lines throughout the year either way, but Joseph has always been someone who can be a guy who moves up and down the lineup, ala Barbashev.
I totally understand that, but I can't yet get past the fantastical part. It's just too much fun. Those three together could be very exciting but also potentially too much for Bolduc to handle. The matchup is, indeed the problem, but I'm gonna roll with my fantasy for a little bit longer. I will have to come back down to reality soon.

EDIT: I made the switch in my lineup. Same result, Jake gets 30 goals from a Neighbours-Thomas-Kyrou 1st line. Also, I agree that Joseph is currently better than Texier, but the role that each player fits is a little different. And that is not to take anything away from MJ. The flexibility is stupid amazing. Plug-n-play. Advantage Blues.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad