Line Combos: Ideal Lines Vs. Projected Lines 2024/2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I love Sunny, but with a healthy team, I’d rather him, Kap and Walker be sitting in the press box each night. I think we have better options this year.
I feel the same way, I also worry about him coming back from another knee injury. He had already lost a step and wasn't as quick as he used to be, I wonder how his mobility will be this season, especially early on.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
I am in favor of letting Dvorsky, Bolduc, and Dean bake in the AHL next season while Snuggerud can further mature at the collegiate level. For this season, the coaching staff will most certainly be evaluating if Holloway can play that 2C position because Buchnevich plays better on the wing, especially next to Thomas. Texier does have the skill to be a top 9 forward, and maybe he can do more than what he demonstrated on a team like Columbus. If he can hold down that 3C position, the Blues can run a center-spine of Thomas-Holloway-Texier-Faksa next season and potentially sneak in as a wild-card team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Bolduc looked ready near the end of last season. And I don’t think having all of Snuggerud, Dvorsky, Bolduc, and Dean play their rookie seasons in the same year is feasible.
While I agree that Bolduc is a strong contender to make this team's roster out of training camp, I'm not sold that the front office necessarily looks at rookie status that way. For example, they were expecting Snuggerud to earn a spot before he committed to another season in college, and Dean will likely get more call-ups this season. If the players are ready, they will play and I don't see Army burying a guy in the minors just because 2-3 other rookies happened to make the roster at the same time.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
While I agree that Bolduc is a strong contender to make this team's roster out of training camp, I'm not sold that the front office necessarily looks at rookie status that way. For example, they were expecting Snuggerud to earn a spot before he committed to another season in college, and Dean will likely get more call-ups this season. If the players are ready, they will play and I don't see Army burying a guy in the minors just because 2-3 other rookies happened to make the roster at the same time.

If he starts the season in the A it's likely because he's not waiver eligible and everyone is healthy coming out of camp. But I expect him to play more games in the NHL than AHL this session if he doesn't break camp with the Blues. Based on my very limited knowledge of him I was expecting more of a one dimensional scoring winger but he seems to be a much more complete player than that. I'm excited to see how he looks this year for sure.

Reactions: BlueMed

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
This is what I’ thinking right now but this could change…

Neighbors-Thomas-Bolduc

Buch-Halloway-Kyrou

Saad-Schenn-Texier

Joshep-Faksa-Toropchenko

Leddy/Parayko
Broberg-Faulk
Perunovich/POJ/Suter-Kessel

What I like is there’s a shooter on every line.

Put Holloway with playmakers like Buch and Kyrou and see what happens why the hell not? Maybe Halloway’s sped and forecheck could mesh well with Kyrou.

On defense the top 4 is seemingly set but the third pair is up in the air. I personally would like to see Perunovich given pp1 minutes to see if he’s improved and what he can do and go from there. If he sucks theres other viable options. A Peru-Faulk pairing would make a potentially good first pp unit if Peru would shoot the damn puck more often.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
This is what I’ thinking right now but this could change…

Neighbors-Thomas-Bolduc

Buch-Halloway-Kyrou

Saad-Schenn-Texier

Joshep-Faksa-Toropchenko

Leddy/Parayko
Broberg-Faulk
Perunovich/POJ/Suter-Kessel

What I like is there’s a shooter on every line.

Put Holloway with playmakers like Buch and Kyrou and see what happens why the hell not? Maybe Halloway’s sped and forecheck could mesh well with Kyrou.

On defense the top 4 is seemingly set but the third pair is up in the air. I personally would like to see Perunovich given pp1 minutes to see if he’s improved and what he can do and go from there. If he sucks theres other viable options. A Peru-Faulk pairing would make a potentially good first pp unit if Peru would shoot the damn puck more often.

What makes you think Holloway is ready to be 2C or do you really just dislike Schenn?

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
What makes you think Holloway is ready to be 2C or do you really just dislike Schenn?
Halloway most likely isn’t ready to be 2c but I would want to see how he looks there for a game or two just to try it, this isn’t the permanent lineup I’d want all year its just the first thing I would want to try. Although I realize this isn’t a realistic scenario lol.

I’m a big Schenn fan actually and think he’s going to rebound this year and wouldn’t mind trying him or Buch at 2c as well, there’s a lot of ways to tinker with the forward lineup I can’t wait to see what coaching squad comes up with. Also would be curious to see Neighbors and Halloway on a line I bet they could create some havoc out there.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Neighbors Thomas Halloway
Schenn Buchnevich Kyrou
Saad Faksa Texier
Joseph Sundqvist Toropchenko

Leddy Parayko
Broberg Faulk
Suter Kessel

That’s my best guess at what the lines will be.

I’d love to see Dvorsky and Bolduc make it but they have time

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Here's my stab at the forwards right now...could change in 15 minutes:

Buchnevich - Thomas - Bolduc
Neighbours - Schenn - Kyrou
Saad - Holloway - Texier
Toropchenko - Faksa - Joseph
Putting the 3 worst forwards defensively on the same line is just asking to shit on them in February when their +/- is hot garbage, especially when all of their playstyles combined wouldn't match well.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Let’s be real here, the Blues are gonna change up the lines 30 times this season. We’re kind of wasting our time arguing about all these little details. With so many new faces there is going to be a lot of mixing and matching.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Kyrou doing the heavy lifting defensively on that 2nd line
:eyeroll:

2nd line would be getting relatively sheltered offensive minutes in this scenario. Every other line there is fully capable of going up against any opponent line IMO, which allows the flexibility to shelter this one.

Putting the 3 worst forwards defensively on the same line is just asking to shit on them in February when their +/- is hot garbage, especially when all of their playstyles combined wouldn't match well.
Disagree with the bolded. Kyrou and Schenn played a decent amount together last year and generally work fairly well together IMO, especially if they are starting in the o-zone. Schenn and Neighbours may not be able to keep up with Kyrou on the rush, but once in the zone I think all 3 could work quite well together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad