Line Combos: Ideal Lines Vs. Projected Lines 2024/2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
It would be fantastic if Tex or Holloway can come into the season and take a stranglehold on that 3rd line Center spot. We are flooded with quality winger prospects. Dvorsky looks to be destined for that 2C behind Thomas and while Dean does have 3C potential, he could easily peak as a 4C.
Totally okay with Dean peaking as a 4th line center who can play up. I think he'd be okay with that too. Dvorsky might not be that 2C we need him to be for another couple seasons, and it turns out that Texier is signed for two seasons. I'd love for Texier and Holloway to battle it out, but also find a way to ice both.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Totally okay with Dean peaking as a 4th line center who can play up. I think he'd be okay with that too. Dvorsky might not be that 2C we need him to be for another couple seasons, and it turns out that Texier is signed for two seasons. I'd love for Texier and Holloway to battle it out, but also find a way to ice both.
I would not be surprised to see Dvorsky in the NHL later this season if he goes to AHL (Sudbury still has him on their roster and it's definitely possible that Dvorsky goes back for another season, I haven't seen anything concrete on where he's playing) after we move out Faksa at the TDL. I could also see Saad being moved at the Deadline. I am expecting those spots to be filled by Bolduc and Dean tho. I'm also wondering where Snuggy plays at end of season.

Next season is definitely going to have a bit of a turn over tho. I'm pretty confident that the defense will be a combination of Colt, Faulk, Leddy, Broberg, and Kessel. But that 3LD Is wide open. For forwards I'm wondering about Sunny's knees. He's 30 and he's dealing with another injury. I'm not sure about his longevity in the NHL right now.

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
I'm a huge fan of Dvorsky. With an added step with his brain and compete i think he has the potential to be a more dynamic Ryan O'Reilly.

With that said, with all of the moves the Blues have made and especially since Holloway is in, I think I value Dalibor's last ELC year at his age 22 season more than pushing him now.

Experiment with Buch.

Get Holloway as many reps at C as possible as well. He did have a 57% FO this year even though its a very small sample size. Preferably I'd like them both on the same line.

For me it's...

Neighbours-Thomas-Kyrou
Holloway-Buch-Bolduc
Saad-Schenn-Texier
Toropchenko-Faksa-Joseph

Broberg-Parayko (not that he's ready to be 1st pairing, I just think they'll be good together)
Leddy-Faulk
Suter/Joseph-Kessel

And I hope Perunovich can break out beating out Suter.

I also think PoJ was mishandled in PITT and hope he can find his game with the Blues. His speed and puck-handling would be big if he can take the next step, which would also allow them to possibly move Leddy at some point as well.

Reactions: Meatball

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I think it would be huge (translated: probably asking too much) if both Holloway and Texier showed enough in camp and preseason to stick at C so that both Schenn and Buch can stay on the wing. If they can, I would have no issues with Texier as our 2C and Holloway as our 3C. Assuming Sunny is either on IR or not ready for full time duty to start the year, I wouldn't mind seeing:

Bolduc-Thomas-Neighbours
Buchnevich-Texier-Kyrou
Saad-Holloway-Schenn
Toropchenko-Faksa-Joseph

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I think it would be huge (translated: probably asking too much) if both Holloway and Texier showed enough in camp and preseason to stick at C so that both Schenn and Buch can stay on the wing. If they can, I would have no issues with Texier as our 2C and Holloway as our 3C. Assuming Sunny is either on IR or not ready for full time duty to start the year, I wouldn't mind seeing:

Bolduc-Thomas-Neighbours
Buchnevich-Texier-Kyrou
Saad-Holloway-Schenn
Toropchenko-Faksa-Joseph
I love that top line and would be super relieved if TEK-see-ay and Holly grab the middle Cs. However, Texier is not great at the dot. The 20-21 season saw him take the most FOs so far in his career; 128/356 for a 36.0 FOW%.

Looked up where Texier is from in France. Amazing area with, arguably, THE best red wine in the world. If you're looking for a decent domestic GSM, just get a Côte du Rhône from France.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I love that top line and would be super relieved if TEK-see-ay and Holly grab the middle Cs. However, Texier is not great at the dot. The 20-21 season saw him take the most FOs so far in his career; 128/356 for a 36.0 FOW%.

Looked up where Texier is from in France. Amazing area with, arguably, THE best red wine in the world. If you're looking for a decent domestic GSM, just get a Côte du Rhône from France.
If Otter can get him to 45% working with him in camp, he becomes a better option (relative to Schenn and Buch) in that regard. Then it becomes a matter of whether either or both are ready for the defensive responsibilities and can be enough of a playmaker to complement the shooters on their respective lines.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I’d say one of them could probably do it, but highly unlikely it would be both.

I think Holloway is the one we should give a long look to at 3C. Have Saad and Texier on his wings. That would be a solid two-way line that can skate, and we would be in really good shape if Holloway can fill that role moving forward.

Let Buch/Schenn play together on the 2nd line and handle those C duties for one more year until Dvorsky or Dean can take over.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006

I think Holloway is the one we should give a long look to at 3C. Have Saad and Texier on his wings. That would be a solid two-way line that can skate, and we would be in really good shape if Holloway can fill that role moving forward.

Let Buch/Schenn play together on the 2nd line and handle those C duties for one more year until Dvorsky or Dean can take over.
Agreed. Buch is fine as a placeholder. Schenn cannot play center anymore with how much his skating has declined. Holloway would prob be pretty excited coming to camp w the opportunity to play a much larger role than he would in Edmonton.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006

One of them can and my money is on Holloway. I see Texier as 3rd line secondary scoring. Great motor, super smart, hockey is a thing in his family. Kid's got chops, but prolly not at center.

But it is up to you Texier!!! If you wanna play center, then ya gotta work on the FOs. 45% is adequate. Getting creamed at 36% is not. Where do you want to play? Center is there for the taking.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I wonder how willing Bannister is going to be with playing young guys with Vets.

Neighbors-Thomas-Bolduc
Texier-Buch-Kyrou
Saad-Holloway-Schenn
Joseph-Faska-Torop

Broberg-Parayko
Leddy-Faulk
Suter-Kessel

Reactions: Meatball

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Any combination of Bolduc, Thomas & Neighbours is gonna get Jake 30 goals. Opposing D will have to spend so much time and energy trying to push Jake out of the way that it will open up lanes for Bolduc and Rob. Looks like a potent 1st line in concept. Zack is one of the most coachable players I've seen in a while, whether it is external or internal coaching. He has a willing nature.

Reactions: RORbacon

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Me too...with Peterson as the MacEachern-type call-up.
I would be pretty surprised if Peterson was called up this season. He is likely gonna need some seasoning in the AHL before he is ready. I would imagine other guys like Sylvegard if he doesnt make it, Dean, MacEachern, McGing, and even Lafferiere would be ahead of him at this point.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I would be pretty surprised if Peterson was called up this season. He is likely gonna need some seasoning in the AHL before he is ready. I would imagine other guys like Sylvegard if he doesnt make it, Dean, MacEachern, McGing, and even Lafferiere would be ahead of him at this point.
Well....I didn't mean this season, just that his trajectory is very MacMac. Dean would be called up to take a specific slot, same for the others. Peterson and MacMac are similar, imo, so Peterson would fill that 4th line winger role, just like a very serviceable MacMac.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Well....I didn't mean this season, just that his trajectory is very MacMac. Dean would be called up to take a specific slot, same for the others. Peterson and MacMac are similar, imo, so Peterson would fill that 4th line winger role, just like a very serviceable MacMac.
Ah right on, my bad I misread the post. But yea that makes a lot of sense

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Neighbours/Thomas/Kyrou
Schenn/Buchnevich/Bolduc
Saad/Holloway/Texier
M.Joseph/Faksa/Toropchenko

Extra: Sylvegard, ?

Broberg/Parayko
Leddy/Faulk
Suter/Kessel
POJ

Binnington
Hof"er

Last edited:

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Texier - Thomas - Neighbors
Buchy - Holloway - Kyrou
Saad - Schenn - Joseph
Torpo - Faska - Sunny (Walker or Kap until Sunny returns)

Leddy-Parayko
Broberg - Faulk
Suter - Kessel

Binny
Hofer

This would be great opportunity for Tex. If he is up to it, we can really spread the wealth. I don't want Buchy at center, I don't want Shcenn at 2c, so let's see what DHo looks like in the middle. Giving him our 2 best wingers should help. And I'd like to see Dvo centering Bolduc on 1st line in Springfield for 20-30 games before we call up either; it would be good for both of them.

Reactions: joe galiba

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
lol we don’t have many other top 6 options unfortunately….. hopefully Dvorsky and Snuggerud arrive later this year
Then do what they did at the end of next year.

Neighbours-Thomas-Schenn
Saad-Buch-Kyrou

Schenn and Kyrou need to be as far away from each other as possible. Schenn negativity effects Kyrou Crazily when playing together. Unless we are wanting to tank the team into the bottom of the standings that is.

Here's some stats just as examples.

From Naturalstattrick
5v5

Kyrou with Schenn 302 minutes 16GF/15GA 51.61 GF%
Kyrou w/o Schenn 865 minutes 40GF/33GA 54.79 GF%
Schenn w/o Kyrou 774 minutes 29GF/37GA 43.94 GF%

Even Strength
Kyrou with Schenn 336 minutes 22GF/33GA 40 GF%
Kyrou w/o Schenn 906 minutes 43GF/38GA 53.09 GF%
Schenn w/o Kyrou 822 minutes 35GF/41GA 46.05 GF%

All Strengths
Kyrou with Schenn 458 minutes 33GF/38GA 46.48 GF%