Post-Game Talk: Ice Pigeon

3 Stars

• Total voters

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I get that Mancini was an overage pick but it's still wild to see a 5th round pick make it 2 years post draft, even if it's just a cup of coffee.

Really start to feel like the kid has slightly more upside than projected too. I figured this summer that he'd top out best case as a #6 even after his good AHL start.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
I’ll gladly keep complaining about Laviolette’s offensive gameplan if they’re going to make me eat crow like that. Great job playing below the circles and moving the puck laterally off the cycle. They had PIT chasing and were really efficient moving throughout the zone 5v5.

Plus, it’s always an added bonus to see them put that bamboozled luck on David Quinn’s stupid face.

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I get that Mancini was an overage pick but it's still wild to see a 5th round pick make it 2 years post draft, even if it's just a cup of coffee.

Really start to feel like the kid has slightly more upside than projected too. I figured this summer that he'd top out best case as a #6 even after his good AHL start.

I'm still modest in my expectations with him. I do like how he defaults to solid defensive play and lets the offense come naturally. McDonagh was very similar when he was in NY.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Yeah Mancini may be that one-in-a-million guy that comes out of left field and develops beyond all reasonable expectations. The kind of guy you then reference 30 years later when we draft in the sixth round Gord MacDonald, a 6'4" 260lb LW from the Okotoks Oilers of the BCHL.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Yeah Mancini may be that one-in-a-million guy that comes out of left field and develops beyond all reasonable expectations. The kind of guy you then reference 30 years later when we draft in the sixth round Gord MacDonald, a 6'4" 260lb LW from the Okotoks Oilers of the BCHL.
See: Henrik Lundqvist

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Dan Girardi wasn’t even drafted. Strong comp.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
Dan Girardi wasn’t even drafted. Strong comp.
@Machinehead reading the above:

iu

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad