Post-Game Talk: I don't have anything clever to put in the thread title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This version of the team is not getting back; Drury's version with his picks will in the next 1-5 years.
Who is going to stop them exactly? The east isn't exactly murderers row. They will be a top 3 team in the metro and could possibly win the division again. Winning it all is a different story but I can definitely see them back in the conference finals.

Reactions: NCRanger

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Panarin needs courage
Nope, he needs the puck. The second we got him a good look he rifled it past bobrovskys ear. This team needs to find ways to get the forwards the puck with speed and space in the NZ. Coaching isn’t about yelling at the forwards to try harder when the team is being stifled. When every star player on the team is sucking it is laviolettes job to get these guys going. They don’t just magically forget how to play mid series, there is a reason this happens, and it is because NYR have very easily exploited weak links. The coach needs to adjust the personnel and schemes to allow the team to generate and control play more, not elevate Goodrow and Wennberg and call it a day.

Hockey isn’t supposed to be this nerd ass chess match between coaches, but 3 years in a row NYR basically invite that to happen by bringing half a defense who can’t get dressed by themselves. It never can just be our best players vs theirs. We have to bring 3 Make a Wish shitters who play 2/3 of the game and then blame the dead tired forwards

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Not going to touch on Mika/Kreider themselves or their chemistry.

But having 2/3 of a first line with no RW in years is a massive issue that I can't believe hasn't been solved.

That's straight on management and coaching for not figuring that out. Maybe they thought that was Kakko spot to lose, but looking less likely. The revolving door of RW on that line is a joke. Otherwise, break up Mika and Kreider.

I'd put more of the issue there on Mika and Kreider as they are the common denominator here.

There has to be more responsibility on the players in incorporating players into how they play the game.

Yes, Kakko has not fit, but when you have numerous other players also not fit, a lot of that is on the two mainstays.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I think some of you will be surprised on Monday when you hear the injury report.

Is this even going to be shared? I feel like in 2022 a lot of players we thought were playing injured (Panarin, Copp, etc) weren't even mentioned. I think the Rangers aren't going to flaunt any injuries and will only announce surgeries and such.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
So the theme this summer is Jones would have made the difference? Might as well throw in anything they didn’t do since there’s no way to prove it one way or another

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I think some of you will be surprised on Monday when you hear the injury report.
Unless it includes all of Panarin, Mika, Kreider, Fox, Lindgren, Trouba & Miller, there isn't an excuse. Guys get hurt in the playoffs on every team and it's important that the others step up. That's the point of building a deep team.

Also, I realize it's become some kind of absurd hockey lore, but if players are so hurt and hobbled that it brings them down to an egregious level of play (ala Lindgren & Trouba - assuming they are on this list), there needs to be a rethink of the culture from a coaching perspective.

I get that someone like Fox is a huge reason we got to the level we did this year, but if he was truly hurt to the level that it appeared to impact him, we really should have not been dressing him. The name on the jersey means nothing if you are wildly immobile.

It was clear to me the PP was a complete disaster with him in the Florida series. He was unable to keeps puck in that he could have done blindfolded when healthy. Putting Gus on PP1 and dressing Jones is probably an upgrade on a severely injured Fox.

Reactions: tiggles and Atax

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
Unless it includes all of Panarin, Mika, Kreider, Fox, Lindgren, Trouba & Miller, there isn't an excuse. Guys get hurt in the playoffs on every team and it's important that the others step up. That's the point of building a deep team.

Also, I realize it's become some kind of absurd hockey lore, but if players are so hurt and hobbled that it brings them down to an egregious level of play (ala Lindgren & Trouba - assuming they are on this list), there needs to be a rethink of the culture from a coaching perspective.

I get that someone like Fox is a huge reason we got to the level we did this year, but if he was truly hurt to the level that it appeared to impact him, we really should have not been dressing him. The name on the jersey means nothing if you are wildly immobile.

It was clear to me the PP was a complete disaster with him in the Florida series. He was unable to keeps puck in that he could have done blindfolded when healthy. Putting Gus on PP1 and dressing Jones is probably an upgrade on a severely injured Fox.
We'd probably be here arguing that lav should have dress an injured Fox instead if he did do that.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
Injury report you say?

IMG_1776.jpeg

Stanley Cup champion.

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
Anyone waiting for breakup day news to atleast confirm why some players looked abysmal?

Wasn't it a year or two ago we were convinced a bad playoffs was due to injury, and the player (forgot who) was like nope, no injuries here.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Anyone waiting for breakup day news to atleast confirm why some players looked abysmal?

Wasn't it a year or two ago we were convinced a bad playoffs was due to injury, and the player (forgot who) was like nope, no injuries here.

Panarin in 2022.

The usual suspects were pushing the "he was hurt before the season ended and it carried over" narrative but ignored that he was taking part in every morning skate and optional after the opening round.

Reactions: qwertyaas

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
We'd probably be here arguing that lav should have dress an injured Fox instead if he did do that.
We probably would be, but player's need to be better at making that assessment than us or the coaches. Of course they're going to say they can play with the culture how it is right now.

Remember when we suited up McDonagh in Game 7 of the ECF against Tampa and he couldn't even stand after the first shift? Stuff like that has to go in the game. You can't convince me having him on the ice was by any means reasonable.

Ryan Strome playing with broken ribs or whatever it was and basically being unable to move in the ECF against Tampa. Again, makes no sense.

You see in the NBA they don't put up with that crap. OG was yanked 5 minutes into game 7 by Thibs. He was smart enough to understand having a player like that was detrimental.

I get the substitutes aren't comparable to the healthy player they're replacing, but the reality seems to me that it reduces the quality of the team to have a significantly injured player instead of a healthy reserve. I'm also surprised at this day and age when health is so heavily prioritized that we are still allowing this. It could potentially have long term impacts on the players as well. I pray that what Fox did in the playoffs does not significantly hamper him for years to come.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad