Post-Game Talk: I don't have anything clever to put in the thread title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
just a friendly reminder we replaced Trouba and Lindgren with Jones and a 7D in Ruhwedel and were literally eons better over night. We didn't replace those two bums with stars, just run of the mill bottom of the lineup players, and we were so much better for it.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Panarin in 2022.

The usual suspects were pushing the "he was hurt before the season ended and it carried over" narrative but ignored that he was taking part in every morning skate and optional after the opening round.

he was definitely hurt that year, he got hurt in one of the last regular season games against Carolina and then missed the rest of the regular season.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
yeah if Trouba and Lindgren were playing hurt then that's incredibly selfish of them honestly, when we had two NHL level players fully healthy ready to step in.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Was busy last week and didn’t really get to engage with the losing and all but IMO this team needs to overhaul its defense
Can’t keep trying to survive with such bad breakouts. Not making any play but throw it up the boards and have the forward try to chip it out is just hard to overcome

Forwards have to be better too and I wouldn’t object to an overhaul there to some extent but I’m not sure what could be done barring a wild series of trades

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Was busy last week and didn’t really get to engage with the losing and all but IMO this team needs to overhaul its defense
Can’t keep trying to survive with such bad breakouts. Not making any play but throw it up the boards and have the forward try to chip it out is just hard to overcome

Forwards have to be better too and I wouldn’t object to an overhaul there to some extent but I’m not sure what could be done barring a wild series of trades
Forward group I think can be okay if the defense gets an overhaul. Given Trouba has a modified NTC now and Lindgren is a FA, there's room to potentially revamp the defense.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Forward group I think can be okay if the defense gets an overhaul. Given Trouba has a modified NTC now and Lindgren is a FA, there's room to potentially revamp the defense.
Yeah I mean, I don’t hate either of those guys but they can’t be relied upon the way the team has been. They’re not top 4 guys and even as bottom pair Trouba has to be protected

And this isn’t just about this playoff run. Even healthy they’re not pulling their weight for the jobs given them. If we want grit and toughness find someone who’s also good at the rest of the game

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
I've conferred with my 11 y.o. son who's told me he wants Edmonton to win against Fla bc he doesnt want his friend at school that likes the Panthers to have all the glory.

I was already leaning towards wanting Edmonton just bc Fla are douches, I want revenge and I dont like Paul Maurice. Also I do like Connor McDavid and I dont like Matthew Tkachuk. I also like how the Edmonton fans paint their faces and get super rowdy.

Plus they injured our man Vesey. Harvard man and they hurt him, didnt even get a penalty. So I want revenge for that too.

Thats all.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I've conferred with my 11 y.o. son who's told me he wants Edmonton to win against Fla bc he doesnt want his friend at school that likes the Panthers to have all the glory.

I was already leaning towards wanting Edmonton just bc Fla are douches, I want revenge and I dont like Paul Maurice. Also I do like Connor McDavid and I dont like Matthew Tkachuk. I also like how the Edmonton fans paint their faces and get super rowdy.

Plus they injured our man Vesey. Harvard man and they hurt him, didnt even get a penalty. So I want revenge for that too.

Thats all.

Your reasons are good and very just.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
yeah if Trouba and Lindgren were playing hurt then that's incredibly selfish of them honestly, when we had two NHL level players fully healthy ready to step in.
Players are gonna do everything they can to play, can’t fault them there. It’s on the coaching staff to observe the limping mentally handicapped wildebeests throwing games for the team and remove them. It’s not like this was a normal level of bad play. @Machinehead laid out the Fox with/without Lindgren stats the other day in the context of McD-Girardi and it’s f***ing insane lol. If you read those numbers and you’re still a Lindgren truther I’m convinced your brain is a mushroom

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Players are gonna do everything they can to play, can’t fault them there. It’s on the coaching staff to observe the limping mentally handicapped wildebeests throwing games for the team and remove them. It’s not like this was a normal level of bad play. @Machinehead laid out the Fox with/without Lindgren stats the other day in the context of McD-Girardi and it’s f***ing insane lol. If you read those numbers and you’re still a Lindgren truther I’m convinced your brain is a mushroom

yeah i saw that post, it made me think that maybe Fox wasn't as injured as it seemed.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
That was our best hockey of the year

It's the best hockey of the year, raves RogerEbert.com

Zac Jones is a revelation, says the Hollywood Reporter

Chad Ruhwedel bolsters an already stellar supporting cast, you won't want to miss this, insists IGN

EDIT: Sorry, I'm just going mental with the end of the run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad