Post-Game Talk: I don't have anything clever to put in the thread title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Mika wasn't a no show. Can't be easy playing against Barkov. Barkov's line didnt exactly light the lamp over & over. Must have done something right. If Filip ever progresses to a 1C, Mika will light up most 3rd lines. Filip's injury hurt, in more ways than one.
When has Fil ever shown 1C potential? plus he can't stay healthy anyways

Reactions: Wtp99 and majordomo

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Lav didn't do anything different than Gallant
Maurice said something so legit. Didn't want credit for his team's success. Saying "at some point" you just allow the leadership group to lead. I had little to do with it, club ran on autopilot. Or, something like that.
Problem was they were simply BETTER, as our leadership group wasn't as pushy and arrogant as theirs was. Did we EVER molest anybody in the corners that you could think of? I cannot.
Carolina wasn't especially physical, but they had us running around chasing after them. Didn't seem we had anything left in the tank. We had a good season and it was fun. Just left us wanting more than they had to give.

Reactions: Wtp99

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Mika wasn't a no show. Can't be easy playing against Barkov. Barkov's line didnt exactly light the lamp over & over. Must have done something right. If Filip ever progresses to a 1C, Mika will light up most 3rd lines. Filip's injury hurt, in more ways than one.

I don't think Chytil with perfect health is ever a 1C.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
Get rid of immediately:

Trouba
Kakko

I am fine getting rid of:

Miller
Lindgren
Panarin
Zib
Goodrow

UFAs to re-sign:

LMFAO NONE (though I'd take Wheeler back on an identical contract - but can't see him staying)
The only ones I disagree with getting rid of is Panarin, he gets you to the playoffs. And Goodrow for the playoffs
Add to the get rid of would be Chytil, made of glass and can teach how to disappear also.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
Good night everyone. Until next year. With this many teams, and the cap etc, if you weren't alive for 94, THE ODDS ARE YOU WON'T EVER SEE A CHAMPIONSHIP. Try to enjoy what you can. If you cheer only for Stanley Cups, it is going to turn out bad.

A+ regular season. A- post season. Some teams will never even get as far as we gotten. Seriously, a championship is not something that can be reasonably expected, ever.
1-84 since 1940, rooting for the Rangers this what you come to expect. I can die happy because I have seen a Stanley Cup raised in MSG. It is getting tiring of these expectations. But as a die hard I come every season with new expectations and hope. In my lifetime I’ve seen 6 championships, 3 in one year. I apologize to my kids every year for bring them up
Rangers, Jets, and Met fans. Oh well rose colored glasses

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
26 different players have played that RW position.

You could put a HOFer there and it wouldn’t work. In fact, we have.

The problem isn’t the RW. It’s the other two. Particularly the one in the middle.
We seen Kreider with Derek Stepan and had no issues. Of course the issue is Mika. We need a Stepan type of center to play with Kreider. Sadly you need to draft those. Mika too soft for playoff hockey. It's pathetic

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
We seen Kreider with Derek Stepan and had no issues. Of course the issue is Mika. We need a Stepan type of center to play with Kreider. Sadly you need to draft those. Mika too soft for playoff hockey. It's pathetic
Stepan got caved 5v5 against elite teams, because he was also not an elite 1C.

Again, the detriment of the organization going back to the Hank years has been lack of 5v5 play driving and a lack of a 1C. Those two things are connected. There’s a reason Panarin’s line got so good 5v5 with the addition of Trocheck. Our top line needs that’s too, and it’s not with the addition of a winger (unless they’re the extremely rare play driving winger).

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Stepan got caved 5v5 against elite teams, because he was also not an elite 1C.

Again, the detriment of the organization going back to the Hank years has been lack of 5v5 play driving and a lack of a 1C. Those two things are connected. There’s a reason Panarin’s line got so good 5v5 with the addition of Trocheck. Our top line needs that’s too, and it’s not with the addition of a winger (unless they’re the extremely rare play driving winger).
Stepan wasn’t an elite #1 but he also never got caved in as badly as Zibanejad has against other top centers. Zibanejad’s best xGF% in the playoffs over the last 3 years against #1 centers is 65% vs Jack Hughes. The other 4, Barkov, Cirelli, Aho, and Crosby he’s 33% or worse vs all of them. That is f***ing pitiful. Hard to win when your #1 guy is playing like a junior level player against the other teams top guy. Keep in mind Tampa didn’t have Point that series.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
All the blame Mika is taking these past few days is just conjuring in my mind his walk year. Rangers were at the crossroads of having to make a decision on their 1C plans moving forward.

What was the price Buffalo was asking Drury for Eichel again?

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
All the blame Mika is taking these past few days is just conjuring in my mind his walk year. Rangers were at the crossroads of having to make a decision on their 1C plans moving forward.

Pegula was never letting an Eichel to NYR trade go through, no matter how close the GMs ever got

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
You'd think I'd take my own advice and avoid this site like a free gym for the next few days after being eliminated, but what I'm seeing on the main boards is just proof that not everyone in our fan base deserves to see this team win.

Reactions: Svenhart2008

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

It's funny Eichel was the exact move this franchise has been criticized for making and now it's some grave mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad