Post-Game Talk: I don't have anything clever to put in the thread title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
It really did seem like the Rangers would have blown a 3-0 series lead to Carolina if not for Kreider doing what he did in game 6. The last few years, it just seems like the Rangers have their number despite the stats.

Putting my Rangers fandom aside, that should be an amazing final series

It’s honestly a shame that the ratings will be horrible for the final in the USA.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I said for months this team was good enough to get to a conf final. Obvious holes.

However it was a hell of a season and I think they just fell to the Cup champs.

Could they have been better?

Yes. Every one knows it.

Reactions: FUZfan and mike14

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Like I said, the team does have some pieces I like, but the way we play really sucks in the playoffs.

To be quite honest, if Kreider didn't put us in his backpack, it looked like we ran out of wins against Carolina.

After game 1 against Carolina, we didn't win another game that wasn't a fever dream.

I enjoyed a lot of it. We're human and it's ok to have fun.

That said, it was an ugly run.
Did you expect it to be an easy run? Carolina was also a very good team that was the odds on favorite to win the cup before the playoffs began. Carolina-Florida was a tough road for any team. This team is a top team in this league. How can they get to the top of the mountain is the question.

I hope they keep him. I don’t get why Rangers signed Gustafsson. Jones could have helped this team improve from the beginning of the year.
He was given a shot when Trouba and Gus were injured and he was great. It makes sense he is in the plans next year.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Did you expect it to be an easy run? Carolina was also a very good team that was the odds on favorite to win the cup before the playoffs began. Carolina-Florida was a tough road for any team. This team is a top team in this league. How can they get to the top of the mountain is the question.

Lawrence Taylor would find out at what hotels the opposing team were staying at and he would send them prostitutes.

Some of you may not like the sex work aspect, so we can send Mika to DJ through the night.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I think looking back, the difference between Carolina and Florida is that Andersen played worse than Bob at goalie, and that the Rangers just seem to own Carolina in the playoffs

Reactions: Ranger Wolf

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
It’s okay to be mad, I’m pissed. It’s also okay to say the Panthers were the better team.

It’s up to Drury to see the faults, I really hope he does because we have a really good team, but there need to be mandatory fixes and mandatory subtractions from the roster.

I love this place, and I hope we get to celebrate a championship one year together because I just want to see everyone’s emotions come out in a positive way.

To the mods, thanks for all you do for us sticking up for a franchise that is legit hated by the board overall.

We are less than a month away from the draft and free agency, let’s hope for the best.

Good night and LGR!

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC

He was given a shot when Trouba and Gus were injured and he was great. It makes sense he is in the plans next year.
He was only given that shot because of the injuries.....otherwise, he would have spent more time in the press box.....obviously, he's not a Laviolette guy.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I think looking back, the difference between Carolina and Florida is that Andersen played worse than Bob at goalie, and that the Rangers just seem to own Carolina in the playoffs
Yes, but it was never going to be easy which was my point. Carolina was damn good and nearly everybody was expecting a 6-7 game series before it began. Same with Florida. Both of those series were expected to be tough and ugly at times.

He was only given that shot because of the injuries.....otherwise, he would have spent more time in the press box.....obviously, he's not a Laviolette guy.
Oh I know but he did play well. It would be idiotic of this team to not give him a real shot to make this roster next year. I will be pissed if he is traded.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
People aren’t giving Edmonton enough credit, they have the best player in hockey along with a great shot suppression game.

A Florida Edmonton final are the two best teams in the NHL.
f*** that, they are shit

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Basing this season from October, getting this far is successful. We learned a lot about this team. Basing it on after the season, it leaves a lot to be desired.

Lafreniere is finally ready to make the jump as a superstar. His last 60 games were at that level. He just needs the spot on PP1 to get to another level. I hope he takes a few weeks off and gets back to working like he did last summer.

Adversely Kakko is done here. It's time for both parties to move on. He's stagnated and will cost too much. It's time to move on. I hope he can figure it out somewhere, but he is not committed enough to improve his skating.

We need a #1LD. Miller is not that yet. Lindgren is burnt toast. Someone is needed to compliment Fox. Carrying a carcus is what cause previous iterations lose early. Trouba needs to be minimized or traded. Trading your captain is tough, he's regressed massively, even from last season.

A legitimate top 6 RW must be acquired. Listen, I cannot see this team moving any of Panarin, Zibanejad, or Kreider. It's not happening. So, we must augment the top 6 and stop putting fillers at RW with Kreider and Mika to try and see if it works.

This season we let a lot of the younger guys develop in the minors. Othmann wasn't rushed. Berard shined in the A, we saw glimpses from Edstrom, and Rempe while being over the top was a lot of fun to have around.

We do have good depth down the middle. Hopefully Chytil can have a good off-season and come back strong as he started the season. Finding a legit 3rd line that can score will help too. I just hope Drury, who has now had two coaches and got to the same spot realizes that this group needs upgrades and it's not on the periphery.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's interesting how our perception of the D changed over the course of the year. All of Miller, Trouba, and Lindgren regressed. Lindgren was seen as a suboptimal but good enough partner for Fox. Mostly the complaints about him was that he's taking too much punishment and will fall off a cliff at some point. Miller and Trouba I remember in the beginning of the year @Machinehead calling them average and even then that was probably a controversial take. He even said at one point they're both GOOD players but don't work well together. I honestly still have hope for Miller, he's young and has tools. I can see him going to Carolina and becoming a stud. I'm kind of over Lindgren and Trouba.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It's interesting how our perception of the D changed over the course of the year. All of Miller, Trouba, and Lindgren regressed. Lindgren was seen as a suboptimal but good enough partner for Fox. Mostly the complaints about him was that he's taking too much punishment and will fall off a cliff at some point. Miller and Trouba I remember in the beginning of the year @Machinehead calling them average and even then that was probably a controversial take. He even said at one point they're both GOOD players but don't work well together. I honestly still have hope for Miller, he's young and has tools. I can see him going to Carolina and becoming a stud. I'm kind of over Lindgren and Trouba.
This is true. Lindgren and Trouba did have bad seasons and that turned most people against them. Trouba was especially brutal. The best thing this team can do is move on from both. Will they though?

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This is true. Lindgren and Trouba did have bad seasons and that turned most people against them. Trouba was especially brutal. The best thing this team can do is move on from both. Will they though?

It's shocking to me that this D and Igor in lala land for two months got us a Presidents' Trophy.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
do you want Fla to win it all, admitting theyre pretty damn good, or .. do you want that dish best served cold .. Revenge .. an Edmonton win.
Since I can’t sleep I’ll play…

I think Fla could take a suddenly unstable Stars team to 7 games.

But for whatever reason for why Edm is so hot right now, I think they would take Panthers in 5.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The question now is do you want Fla to win it all, admitting theyre pretty damn good, or .. do you want that dish best served cold .. Revenge .. an Edmonton win.
Regardless of how you feel about the Florida team, it would absolutely be for the best to our sanity if they won. Because if they win, no one gives a f***. If Edmonton wins (God forbid), these boards will become unusable for the next 5 years. Edmonton fan base is the worst of the Canadian teams. Besides, losing to the eventual champions feels better in retrospect.

I feel like quitting the NHL and HFBoards for a few years if Edmonton wins. That's how awful it would be.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I thought Fox gave it everything tonight. Playing on a bum knee working the boards to keep plays alive. Didn't he help keep that play alive on the Panarin goal? He is completely untouchable. If he was 100 percent have no doubt our offense what have put up more goals.

Yeah but will he be alright again? Like Lindgren he is wearing down from all the beatings he is taking. He doesn't have the skating to get out of trouble and the league is getting used to his little headfakes. Imo Fox hasn't been fully healthy for two seasons, the knee issues were there even before Aho's cheapshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad