Post-Game Talk: I don't have anything clever to put in the thread title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I had a hard time seeing us win without Norris Fox and he sucked for most of these playoffs.

So much of our offense from the backend comes from him. So much of our powerplay comes from his movement. Just brutal.

I need lindgren and trouba gone.

I’m calling Ottawa and offering kakko lindgren and whatever else for chychrun

Reactions: FireGerardGallant

savebyrichter94

Every Profound Spirit Needs A Mask
Sep 14, 2008
PA
I want to see the type of change that makes me uncomfortable. That should be the price for losing.

Oh, you guys were friends? Too f***ing bad. You've been traded.
Oh your wives were close? Too f***ing bad. You've been traded.
Your kids gotta change schools? Too f***ing bad. You've been traded.

Keep changing this formula until you find a group who doesn't put anything in their life above ending the season as the last team standing.

I can't watch Igor go out the way Hank did. It's not right.
IMG_0399.gif

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Kakko and Lindgren are RFAs so their trade value is next to nothing, right? Not advocating keeping them, just making sure my expectations are reasonable.

• Haha
Reactions: pld459666

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Kakko and Lindgren are RFAs so their trade value is next to nothing, right? Not advocating keeping them, just making sure my expectations are reasonable.
A 2nd at max, even that might be stretching it. Think of what Georgiev fetched the team few years ago.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I had a hard time seeing us win without Norris Fox and he sucked for most of these playoffs.

So much of our offense from the backend comes from him. So much of our powerplay comes from his movement. Just brutal.

I need lindgren and trouba gone.

I’m calling Ottawa and offering kakko lindgren and whatever else for chychrun

He's pretty much a lock to miss time every year (though he managed to play all 82 this year) and he shoots more than he should but he's a good player. He and Fox would be an incredibly productive pair.

I don't know that it'd take Kakko, Lindgren+ as he only has a year left before hitting UFA but with an extension thats probably not too far off.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Basing this season from October, getting this far is successful. We learned a lot about this team. Basing it on after the season, it leaves a lot to be desired.

Lafreniere is finally ready to make the jump as a superstar. His last 60 games were at that level. He just needs the spot on PP1 to get to another level. I hope he takes a few weeks off and gets back to working like he did last summer.

Adversely Kakko is done here. It's time for both parties to move on. He's stagnated and will cost too much. It's time to move on. I hope he can figure it out somewhere, but he is not committed enough to improve his skating.

We need a #1LD. Miller is not that yet. Lindgren is burnt toast. Someone is needed to compliment Fox. Carrying a carcus is what cause previous iterations lose early. Trouba needs to be minimized or traded. Trading your captain is tough, he's regressed massively, even from last season.

A legitimate top 6 RW must be acquired. Listen, I cannot see this team moving any of Panarin, Zibanejad, or Kreider. It's not happening. So, we must augment the top 6 and stop putting fillers at RW with Kreider and Mika to try and see if it works.

This season we let a lot of the younger guys develop in the minors. Othmann wasn't rushed. Berard shined in the A, we saw glimpses from Edstrom, and Rempe while being over the top was a lot of fun to have around.

We do have good depth down the middle. Hopefully Chytil can have a good off-season and come back strong as he started the season. Finding a legit 3rd line that can score will help too. I just hope Drury, who has now had two coaches and got to the same spot realizes that this group needs upgrades and it's not on the periphery.
Rangers have never had a problem trading captains (see Leetch, Callahan, McDonough).

I'm leery about Chytil at this point. I have the feeling he's one or two hits away from ending his career.

I think Drury sees what the fans have seen and will try and make adjustments accordingly. So far, he has been hampered with little to no cap room which is what led to the peripheral moves.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Ironically, the #1 guy on my FA wishlist is Brady Skjei. I think he'd be an excellent replacement for Lindgren.
Brady Skjei is the original KAM. I would not recommend paying UFA prices for what he brings.

Rangers have never had a problem trading captains (see Leetch, Callahan, McDonough).

I'm leery about Chytil at this point. I have the feeling he's one or two hits away from ending his career.

I think Drury sees what the fans have seen and will try and make adjustments accordingly. So far, he has been hampered with little to no cap room which is what led to the peripheral moves.
What about Captains who are overpaid and suck? How's the history look there?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
7-0 > 3-3 > 0-3
y'wanna get better as the tournament goes on
didn't earn it
didn't play their best

Fla is tough, President's Trophy 2 back, Cup Finalist last
but beating them was definitely do-able, 5 1-goal games, and G1 was basically as well

wait til next year ...

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I don't think there were any. Here is list of captains going back to 1960 (in reverse order).

Trouba
McDonagh
Callahan
Drury
Jagr
Messier
Leetch
Kisio
Greschner
Beck
Tkaczuk
Dave Maloney
Esposito
Park
Hadfield
Nevin
Henry
Bathgate

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
couldn’t watch yesterday but not a surprising result. I was hopeful but once they barfed up game 4, deep down I kinda knew it was over.

To me the changes that need to be made are drop dead obvious. The defense has to be remade. Fox, Miller and Schneider can stay, and they have to move Lindgren and Trouba.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Brady Skjei is the original KAM. I would not recommend paying UFA prices for what he brings.

It’s become apparent to me that Trouba wanted the captaincy he was not qualified for and Kreider didn’t want it despite having all the qualifications. It’s led to a mercenary leading a team of homegrown guys while Z & K still get preferential treatment that hurts the overall team play. A dynamic that imo has to change because the Rangers don’t have the right mentality in the playoffs.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

I wouldn't give up on Chytil.

IF he can stay healthy, he's exactly the kind of forward the Rangers need. He's slick, is fast, has good size, and is good at 5x5.

Crosby went through a bunch of early concussions, and even some later. Bergeron was just like Chytil concussion-wise, early on.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Call me crazy but I think we would have won if Machinehead told the guys he would eat the lockerroom hat.

• Haha
Reactions: majordomo

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Rotten core. Awful contracts. I don’t see how it’s fixed. Get ready to watch regular season merchants for the next 8 seasons. Imagine having an organization who gives its best player minutes on the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad