Post-Game Talk: I don't have anything clever to put in the thread title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I think you guys are sleeping on the West.

Edmonton's a truck.

They're really f***ing good defensively now and they have two guys that are an automatic 1.5-2 PPG in a series.
Absolutely, but it feels like there might have been a little more open ice, although who knows. They have shut down Dallas pretty good.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

Edmonton's a truck.

They're really f***ing good defensively now and they have two guys that are an automatic 1.5-2 PPG in a series.
My thinking is moreso that Edmonton doesn’t play anywhere near the heavy style forecheck game that Florida does and facing a below average goalie in Skinner. Igor vs Skinner would have been a huge mismatch in our favor.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I always figured the plan was to look to move him about now. He's 'helped' everyone else get playoff experience so you look to move him out to a team who wants something similar but struggles to attract good vets
You know what’s gonna happen right? The script has already been written. They’re gonna trade Goodrow and he’s gonna score a heartbreaking goal in the playoffs against us because that’s how shit always works out just like Tarasenko tonight.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Absolutely, but it feels like there might have been a little more open ice, although who knows. They have shut down Dallas pretty good.
There would have been at first, but they can turn it off. That's the problem with the Rangers. They exploit one thing extraordinarily well and good teams can just turn that off like a switch.

Against more versatile competition, that would present holes, but we can't do anything else.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Like I said, the team does have some pieces I like, but the way we play really sucks in the playoffs.

To be quite honest, if Kreider didn't put us in his backpack, it looked like we ran out of wins against Carolina.

After game 1 against Carolina, we didn't win another game that wasn't a fever dream.

I enjoyed a lot of it. We're human and it's ok to have fun.

That said, it was an ugly run.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
There would have been at first, but they can turn it off. That's the problem with the Rangers. They exploit one thing extraordinarily well and good teams can just turn that off like a switch.

Against more versatile competition, that would present holes, but we can't do anything else.

Skinner goes from Truck to WTF too often.

OTOH, if there is a team that can expose Bobrovsky it's Edmonton. I could see Draisaitl having a 7-9 goal series. If theres one thing that guy can do its pick corners and Bobrovsky gives up corners.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
What stings is that the Rangers would have likely won the cup if they could have gotten by this series. Hurts.
Agree with this. They would have beat every other team IMO. I remember quite a few years of watching this team when the only team they couldn't beat won the cup. In 72 it was the Bruins, 74 the Flyers, 79 the Canadians, 92 Pittsburgh, 2014 LA, and now likely Florida. Sucks.

Reactions: FUZfan

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
People aren’t giving Edmonton enough credit, they have the best player in hockey along with a great shot suppression game.

A Florida Edmonton final are the two best teams in the NHL.

Reactions: Machinehead

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Edmonton's a truck.

A truck that is going to need to be towed on the side of the road midway through the series. They are not beating Florida.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Like I said, the team does have some pieces I like, but the way we play really sucks in the playoffs.

To be quite honest, if Kreider didn't put us in his backpack, it looked like we ran out of wins against Carolina.

After game 1 against Carolina, we didn't win another game that wasn't a fever dream.

I enjoyed a lot of it. We're human and it's ok to have fun.

That said, it was an ugly run.
It really did seem like the Rangers would have blown a 3-0 series lead to Carolina if not for Kreider doing what he did in game 6. The last few years, it just seems like the Rangers have their number despite the stats.

People aren’t giving Edmonton enough credit, they have the best player in hockey along with a great shot suppression game.

A Florida Edmonton final are the two best teams in the NHL.
Putting my Rangers fandom aside, that should be an amazing final series

Reactions: 17futurecap

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
at the end of the day Laviolette is just another old, clueless, dinosaur coach from the past era. No meaningful difference between him and Gallant once you get to this stage of the playoffs. Too easy for teams figure out how to bottle up NYR in the NZ. Part of that is poor personnel on defense but just as much of it is zero creativity whatsoever from the coaches when it comes to how they transition once the other team makes their initial adjustments. 3 years in a row where the other team tweaks their schemes and NYR just slowly die for several games while Igor keeps it close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad