Post-Game Talk: I don't have anything clever to put in the thread title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Can't believe Gorton decided.trouba is the guy they'd target.
IMO, Trouba was a solid target. I still agree with that move. But Trouba has declined the last two years. Unclear what injuries he was dealing with this year, but he needs to get right. Sit out the top of next year if necessary. TBH the D i'm most excited about other than seeing what Jones can really do next season is Victor Mancini, who joined Hartford at the end of this season. He seems really solid. Could be our next Lindgren/Girardi type.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
There's a skeleton of a good team here if they fix the D corps, but I'm concerned about the philosophy from the top down.

They just don't prioritize effective 5v5 play. That's a huge deal.
Yeah. We have not been a good 5-on-5 team since 2013-2014. The Rangers' style since then has been to look for clever goals, to take short cuts. They like the big cross ice pass. They like to stop & let the defender whizz by & then make a play. It can work in the regular season. It seriously didn't work at all against Florida. Florida was so f'ing good at 5-on-5 play. They were always in position, always fighting for loose pucks. They won most of them. It got so bad that whenever there was a puck battle my eyes naturally went in the direction the FLA Player wanted to go, in the expectation that he would get it. And after game 2 or 3 there were no more odd-man rushes for the Rangers.

I have to say I'm not as upset with Mika as some here are. His one-timer is gone. I do think he tried hard, esp getting back on defense. The one I want to see gone more than any other is Trouba. He is so bad. It's laughable he is the captain. It says so much about the Rangers organization that this guy is our captain. They seriously don't know what good hockey is. Maybe this series will be educational for them.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I’m sorry I just don’t agree with you that we “can’t win” with this core. We’ve won a shitload with them, and some huge games/series. If you can’t enjoy that, sorry. I’m disappointed but I’m ok with the logic of losing to a dialed in Florida team that was in the Final last year. The defense needs an overhaul and the bottom 6 needs more size and strength. Just because you’re in your feels about Zibanejad doesn’t mean he’s the #1 problem.
Again, you can keep saying I’m “in my feels” about Mika but I’m right about him like I was right about Trouba and you have a hard time accepting the turnover to the roster that is necessary to win a Cup.

It’s necessary. If you want to win a Cup, Mika has to go. Or you have to get St Louis Blues like lucky.

I’m not waiting for lightning to strike. Mika has to go.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Yeah. We have not been a good 5-on-5 team since 2013-2014. The Rangers' style since then has been to look for clever goals, to take short cuts. They like the big cross ice pass. They like to stop & let the defender whizz by & then make a play. It can work in the regular season. It seriously didn't work at all against Florida. Florida was so f'ing good at 5-on-5 play. They were always in position, always fighting for loose pucks. They won most of them. It got so bad that whenever there was a puck battle my eyes naturally went in the direction the FLA Player wanted to go, in the expectation that he would get it. And after game 2 or 3 there were no more odd-man rushes for the Rangers.

I have to say I'm not as upset with Mika as some here are. His one-timer is gone. I do think he tried hard, esp getting back on defense. The one I want to see gone more than any other is Trouba. He is so bad. It's laughable he is the captain. It says so much about the Rangers organization that this guy is our captain. They seriously don't know what good hockey is. Maybe this series will be educational for them.

I want to hate on Zibanejad but he had the leagues most difficult matchup and essentially negated Barkov on the scoresheet. It was Florida’s bottom 6 that got the timely goals

Again, you can keep saying I’m “in my feels” about Mika but I’m right about him like I was right about Trouba and you have a hard time accepting the turnover to the roster that is necessary to win a Cup.

It’s necessary. If you want to win a Cup, Mika has to go. Or you have to get St Louis Blues like lucky.

I’m not waiting for lightning to strike. Mika has to go.

I’m aware of your shtick. You only show up for the losses to say how right you were. Congratulations.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yes, and his protegee is currently running the team. I don't think their philosophy is different.

I don't think he's really had the room to do anything that different. Lets be real, cap space has been basically 0 in each offseason he's had. JG did stupid shit that he's had to work around.

If he isn't willing to move said stupid shit after this year then yeah, lets move on. Ryan Lindgren may have had the worst season that I've seen from a top 4 defender ever (worse than G, worse than Staal.) If trading him isn't at the top of his list then I hope he isn't able to make a decision for this franchise again.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
IMO, Trouba was a solid target. I still agree with that move. But Trouba has declined the last two years. Unclear what injuries he was dealing with this year, but he needs to get right. Sit out the top of next year if necessary. TBH the D i'm most excited about other than seeing what Jones can really do next season is Victor Mancini, who joined Hartford at the end of this season. He seems really solid. Could be our next Lindgren/Girardi type.
Give me Jones, Mancini, and Fortescue for the future. Pair that with Fox, Schneider, and Miller and you have a pretty good D.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I don't think he's really had the room to do anything that different. Lets be real, cap space has been basically 0 in each offseason he's had. JG did stupid shit that he's had to work around.

If he isn't willing to move said stupid shit after this year then yeah, lets move on. Ryan Lindgren may have had the worst season that I've seen from a top 4 defender ever (worse than G, worse than Staal.) If trading him isn't at the top of his list then I hope he isn't able to make a decision for this franchise again.

Drury’s 1 major UFA signing also looks to be a homerun in Trocheck. Guy was doing captain things taking to Igor on the bench as the buzzer sounded while Trouba was gasping for air on the bench

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Gotta trade 2 of the 3 of Kreider, Panarin, and Zibanejad. Even if you take Ls on the trades talent wise.

The on-ice culture is bad because those guys don't take space in the hard areas, they haven't for 3 coaches and 5 years, and if they're around year 6, they won't then either.

Your best players can't beg off from the hardest real estate and they do. It's who they are.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Said it the RBT but Sloth Tkachuk is probably pretty close to the attitude adjustment this team needs. A moose who plays like he actually wants it and is impossible to defend around the net. There’s a reason he owns us.
I’m not a proponent of grit over skill but Tkachuk is skilled and can get dirty and score gritty goals. That kind of player might need to be added.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Gotta trade 2 of the 3 of Kreider, Panarin, and Zibanejad. Even if you take Ls on the trades talent wise.

The on-ice culture is bad because those guys don't take space in the hard areas, they haven't for 3 coaches and 5 years, and if they're around year 6, they won't then either.

Your best players can't beg off from the hardest real estate and they do. It's who they are.
Zibanejad is the problem

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Miller was stinky all playoffs. I really do not know if he’s the guy
We all know he's not the guy. Too nice like most of the team. Aaron Ekblad fell off but he punched a Ranger in the back of the head 30+ times that series. No exaggeration.

Another nice guy who gives a good effort playing "his game" which combined with everyone else doing that makes the Rangers fairly easy to play against, plain and simple. Aaron Ekblad wants a Cup so bad he's willing to step over the line to do it. Is Miller?

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I think Drury can move Trouba. Can I say what pissed me off about Trouba this year? That he decided to commit his time to art rather than training coming off the abomination of a devils series. Mika, who has actually been a good Ranger, has never lived down his DJ career from his younger days and Trouba gets a pass? That didn’t sit right with me and I’d really like him gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad