Post-Game Talk: I don't have a creative title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
With respect, the question isn’t “Who do you put with Mika and Kreider?” it should be “Why are Mika and Kreider STILL A FUKKING THING…?”
Without respect, my question is why is Zibanejad still a f***ing thing?

I know, I know. NMC.

I wouldn't have given it to him. I would have fired him into the sun and got Jack Eichel.

"Well maybe we don't get Jack Eichel."

I would have put Chytil at 1C and eaten my loss.

He sucks. The analytics warned us for eons that he sucks. I'm sorry, but eventually they're always right.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
The meter is trash and it's not just because of 1 game. It's often off base. I reiterate. You cannot go 11-1-1 playing poorly every game. I'm not saying every game has been good either but it's not as bad as you make it seem.
The rangers have played about 3 good games during this stretch. Tampa, Dallas, and maybe NJ if you’re generous and say they packed it in after grabbing a big lead. Other than that in which of the games have they legitimately looked like the better team?

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The rangers have played about 3 good games during this stretch. Tampa, Dallas, and maybe NJ if you’re generous and say they packed it in after grabbing a big lead. Other than that in which of the games have they legitimately looked like the better team?
You're being generous with Dallas.

The Stars outshot us 69,000 to 1 in the last 30 minutes of that game.

Unless you're thinking of Calgary. The Calgary game was fine.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Somehow the Rangers are lucky and randomly winning now three years and going on 220 regular season games. Honestly, as much as this new Reijo poster seems to be Joe Micheletti your posts are obnoxious in the other direction.
Having the best or 2nd best goaltending masks a lot of problems. Plus a good PP and PK. But we went through this less than a decade ago and this team hasn’t won shit. Why is it so outrageous for us to be displeased that they are bad at the most important part of the sport?

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
That’s part of being a good team, winning games that you weren’t great.

Reactions: egelband

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
Having the best or 2nd best goaltending masks a lot of problems. Plus a good PP and PK. But we went through this less than a decade ago and this team hasn’t won shit. Why is it so outrageous for us to be displeased that they are bad at the most important part of the sport?
He’s the guy everyone on here was crying about until the last month. You can’t say goaltending.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
There's nothing random about this win streak. First Quick, and then Igor, have been fantastic.

I'm not really a believer in the stats as gospel myself but to @Machinehead's point, it's been painful to watch this team's ineptitude for months now. They flub basic passes, they can't focus long enough to make sure the puck is on their stick when they skate by it, they pass when they should shoot and shoot when there's nobody in front, they have no structure, or if they do, they simply abandon it at every probing by the other team.

That said, they win. That's cool. Really, it's the point. But the way they win makes a long playoff run a fluke rather than a reasonable expectation. Even the biggest ranger homer in the world, Valley, has been beating this drum for three years.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
This is a lot to parse here, idk how to respond to it. But When you're winning 10 games in a row and at the top of the standings, I understand why people might be ticked off about complaints of play.

And to me the large majority of your posts come off as 'sky is falling', year in year out.

Maybe I just don't take the game and team as serious, idk.

But we also have posters in here claiming the Rangers 'profile' worse than the blackahwks and sharks which are lies.
Look at the last 13 games, that’s what I was referring to. The rangers are right there with those teams at 5v5.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Until February Igor was probably a bottom 10 starter in the NHL this year and last year was a middle of the road starter until February.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Apparently, you can. They just did it.

Just admit you don't care what happens as long as they win and stop trolling people for pointing out negative aspects of the performance in wins.
Yea they just did it for 1 game and wound up losing anyway. It can only happen in small sample sizes like a few games, not over the 13. Otherwise teams that play poorly consistently like San Jose and Chicago when be on top of the standings instead of on the bottom. I will continue to defend a team that is near the top of the standings and has been all year. I have also bitched about certain aspects of their game but the constant whining from some of you every single game, win or lose, is simply exhausting.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is a lot to parse here, idk how to respond to it. But When you're winning 10 games in a row and at the top of the standings, I understand why people might be ticked off about complaints of play.

And to me the large majority of your posts come off as 'sky is falling', year in year out.

Maybe I just don't take the game and team as serious, idk.

But we also have posters in here claiming the Rangers 'profile' worse than the blackahwks and sharks which are lies.
In terms of specific analytics the Rangers are getting down there with some of these teams but that's beside the point.

It's always "why are you always so negative" and think our shared experience as fans your perception of me is limited to the Rangers.

Outside of maybe the baseball thread and the Yankees are also a f***ing garbage organization since George died.

It's the Rangers.

If they played a style of hockey that won in the playoffs, or at the very least tried and failed and acknowledged it, instead of thinking their shit doesn't stink, I wouldn't complain about it.

They did finally acknowledge the flaws when they sent the letter and then built a team that plays the same way.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Anytime you tie a game dramatically like that at the end to at least get a point you did a good job. The resiliency scoring there is a big deal. Does anyone on here notice how valuable Zib is in his own zone also? He’s a very good two way player. There are numerous positives. Laf goal and two assists. Panarin two assists. Trochek two goals. Fox played almost 30 minutes. Rempe looked good in the fight. Igor had some big stops. This isn’t a bad point against a very talented team on the road.
Reading comments you’d think this is Devils board after losing to Ducks falling further from a playoff race. This board has been kidnapped by downers.

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
Tampa Bay, Montreal and Ottawa games. They exploded in that Ottawa game second half of the game, you can’t say they weren’t the better team in those games.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yea they just did it for 1 game and wound up losing anyway. It can only happen in small sample sizes like a few games, not over the 13. Otherwise teams that play poorly consistently like San Jose and Chicago when be on top of the standings instead of on the bottom. I will continue to defend a team that is near the top of the standings and has been all year. I have also bitched about certain aspects of their game but the constant whining from some of you every single game, win or lose, is simply exhausting.
13 games is a tiny sample.

Reactions: mas0764

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
He’s the guy everyone on here was crying about until the last month. You can’t say goaltending.
Until February Igor was probably a bottom 10 starter in the NHL this year and last year was a middle of the road starter until February.
Yes, and we were a sub 500 team during the stretch when quick wasnt an unbeatable GOD reborn

Reactions: DanielBrassard

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Where are they getting a 1LD? It's been reported Hanafin only wants to go to a few teams and the Rangers aren't one of them. That's something for the off season possibly.
Possibly, then don’t waste trade capital and yeah, address it in offseason.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
you said how can the rangers be so lucky to win all of the games they have the past 220 games. That includes the last two seasons. Plus while Igor struggled up until recently Quick has been lights out. Please don’t try to deny a major reason they have won so many games is because of their goalies.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's nothing random about this win streak. First Quick, and then Igor, have been fantastic.

I'm not really a believer in the stats as gospel myself but to @Machinehead's point, it's been painful to watch this team's ineptitude for months now. They flub basic passes, they can't focus long enough to make sure the puck is on their stick when they skate by it, they pass when they should shoot and shoot when there's nobody in front, they have no structure, or if they do, they simply abandon it at every proving by the other team.

That said, they win. That's cool. Really, it's the point. But the way they win makes a long playoff run a fluke rather than a reasonable expectation. Even the biggest ranger homer in the world, Valley, has been beating this drum for three years.
That's the thing, it's like "oh you said something I don't like, it must be stupid analytics."

No, just watch it! This team can't f***ing pass at an NHL level. The last time they could is when they had Hayes, Zuccarello, and Miller. That was like seven ass years ago now, and even those teams were still bad.

It's the same roster with the same problems, and they keep hiring the same coach that doesn't touch anything.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I just don't get how people can watch this team day in and day out and unironically claim this is a good hockey team that has a meaningful chance to win in the playoffs. Similarly, I don't get how people can watch Zibanejad, and Trouba, and Lindgren and say things are fine. It's not even a case of "muh charts" it's legitimately just having functioning eyes and a working brain.

Unless we're able to get at least 2 of those 3 (i've given up hope long ago on Goodrow), back working again at a level remotely close to what they're being paid, we're dead in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad