Post-Game Talk: Hymanator shoots down the Jets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think I would try these lines for a bit

Kane McDavid Draisaitl
RNH Henrique Hyman
Foegele McLeod Perry
Janmark Carrick Brown

Need to get Kane and Henrique feeling good about themselves, the best way to do that is to simply staple them to good players until a few goals go in.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Normally, they are actual penalties though, like they might not call it even but what they do call on the Oilers are actual infractions. The past 2 games they've straight up imagined things.
The NHL pays guys to open doors at the penalty box but they can’t have a 3rd ref to actually call their own game properly.
How many officials does the NFL use for games? I don’t know either but it’s more than 2

Reactions: Oilhawks

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
That was like 4 games in one. Jets out played the Oilers in the 1st period...Oilers outplayed the Jets in the 2nd period and the Jets outplayed the Oilers in the 3rd period.
Most importantly...Oilers won the O/T.

Much better effort tonight. Far from a perfect game (too many Grade A scoring chances given up) but they did make some strides.
Especially on the PK.
What a difference a game makes. The PK looked compeltely different comapred to the Ottawa game. It was actually very effective in this game. When the Jets had their 4 min PP the Oilers didnt give a up a shot.
Very impressive.

Connor Brown looks like a different player to me. He even looks faster.
Scores a clutch goal and he only played 8 min 16 sec at 5x5.
Really glad to see him find his confidence right before the playoffs. He can be a difference maker in the playoffs..

Kane also looked like a different player. Much more engaged around the net. Good to see because he is another player this team will need in the playoffs.

Hyman gets his 200th goal and wins the game in O/T. What a clutch player.

Also have to mention Derek Ryan. He was very strong in this game and more physical than he ususally is. He was plus 1 in this game and he was also 67% on the dot.
Solid contribution and the same can be said for a number of other players.
Much better effort.

The 3 shot leaders in this game...Kane had 6...Hyman had 6 and RNH had 5. Great to see RNH score and Kane could have easily had a goal.

Skinners sv% in this game was 0.880 but he played a very strong game. Another example of when stats lie. He kept the Oilers in the game in the first 10 minutes.

Lastly...I dont often say much about the reffing but what the F is with these phantom calls in this game. Especially in the last few minutes of a game.
Absolute BS.

In any event they desperatly needed a win and they got the job done.
Next game is against the KIngs an they are a team that is playing really good hockey lately.
Oilers really need a win because if they lose, even though they have a game in hand, the Kings will only be a point behind.

Last edited:

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The tripping call on Nurse to start the game was also completely phantom. Same with the bullshit interference call on Hyman that basically occurs every single faceoff. McIssac is in the running for worst referee in the NHL. As other posters pointed out, he was leading the charge in that circus game in Chicago last year. He’s just as bad in non-Oiler games too.

Thought we played a real quality game outside of the first 10 mins or so. We got caught maybe being a bit too comfortable after going up 3-1, but I thought those goals were good fortune as much as anything else. Ceci could have prevented the third goal by simply not icing it like an idiot. Brown is starting to play some quality hockey, really like his game at the moment and pucks are starting to go in. Very positive sign.

Also want to echo the fact that the PK was awesome tonight. Our best game on the kill this year, nice to see them nut up and respond after the disaster in Ottawa.
The play where Perry goes behind the net, plays the puck, tries to get to it, gets interfered with by Stanley, held against the baords, still tries to get thru, so Stanley punches him in the face, while this is going on I'm thinking 'And Vinny got two penalties last game for interference that were about 100 times less egregious than this.'

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I don't wanna face the Jets in playoffs. Helleybuch is litterally the only player who scares me in this league
#29 scares me much more

Did you miss the 3rd? He can't be letting in goals like that in the playoffs, they'll end just like last year.
The 1st one he was completely screened by 73 and the second was one hell of a tip.

He has the same # of wins as Hellebucyk, and less losses too.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
#29 scares me much more

The 1st one he was completely screened by 73 and the second was one hell of a tip.

He has the same # of wins as Hellebucyk, and less losses too.
The oilers are a better team than the Jets. They live and die on helleybuck. Think about what a goalie with his save percentage would do on this team. Skinner is an acceptable back up. It's not his fault that he has to be the starter. But he is and he isn't good enough.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
The oilers are a better team than the Jets. They live and die on helleybuck. Think about what a goalie with his save percentage would do on this team. Skinner is an acceptable back up. It's not his fault that he has to be the starter. But he is and he isn't good enough.

Skinner makes 2.7M and he is certainly good enough.

He is 25 years old and has a career SV% of .910 a GAA of 2.7 and a record of 68-34-9

Helle will win the Vezina this year and makes 3x the money.

You lot wouldn't be happy unless we had prime Hasek in net. Every goalie has a bad game. Remember the softie Hellebucky let in against Nurse last time we played the Jets? Imagine that Brown shot beat Skinner tonight or Skinner kicked out that juicy rebound on Hymans shot. Yall are blinded by hate.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Skinner makes 2.7M and he is certainly good enough.

He is 25 years old and has a career SV% of .910 a GAA of 2.7 and a record of 68-34-9

Helle will win the Vezina this year and makes 3x the money.

You lot wouldn't be happy unless we had prime Hasek in net. Every goalie has a bad game. Remember the softie Hellebucky let in against Nurse last time we played the Jets? Imagine that Brown shot beat Skinner tonight or Skinner kicked out that juicy rebound on Hymans shot. Yall are blinded by hate.
I was with you on this until you mentioned the Brown goal. That was an absolute snipe. No goalie in the world stops that.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
You just know what the narrative would be in here though.

"Skinner let's in a goal on a guy who hasn't scored all fkn season because he sucks" lol
That's probably true lol, but let's give Brown some credit. That was a laser off his stick in the perfect location. I'm still not sure if it ramped off the Dman's stick or not but either way let's hope he keeps it rolling. Just need to get the monkey off Kane's back and our depth scoring could look really really good.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Thanks everyone for your kind words. My mom likes to yell at the goalie whenever he played the puck so I told her I’d do it in her place.
My sincere condolences.

I lost both my mom and dad within 3 months of one another. (They'd been married almost 60 years.) It's been almost 10 years now and I still miss them but as time passes grief turns to fond memories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad