Post-Game Talk: Hymanator shoots down the Jets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Nice I may be in the minority on this but I always thought copper and blue looked so much more classy than blue and orange
I got this one done a couple years ago…I’ve had some compliments and some peeps told me it was wrong, but I like it.

IMG_4667.jpeg

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Missed the game outside the last few minutes+OT so just watched the highlights. Damn Brownie boy with the snipe, is he starting to feel it? Also hilarious how bad that high stick call was on RNH as the refs tried to give this game to the Jets in regulation. Eat shit loser refs. Looks like 2 games in a row where the Oilers got completely f***ed by the zebras.

ManOfSteelI

Nov 5, 2018
What's the deal with refs just making up penalties against us lately?
I've said it before, but it's not just lately. It's been like this for a long, long time. It's easy to lose sight of that, but it's definitely true. Just look back to the series we lost against the jets, where we were getting absolutely manhandled and no calls were made.

Look back at the Sharks series in 16/17, where an Oiler would breathe on a Shark and get called. Plenty more examples, but it's not new.

This week has been very difficult as I had to say goodbye to my mother.

This win helps ease the pain.
Very sorry to hear.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Missed the game outside the last few minutes+OT so just watched the highlights. Damn Brownie boy with the snipe, is he starting to feel it? Also hilarious how bad that high stick call was on RNH as the refs tried to give this game to the Jets in regulation. Eat shit loser refs. Looks like 2 games in a row where the Oilers got completely f***ed by the zebras.

The tripping call on Nurse to start the game was also completely phantom. Same with the bullshit interference call on Hyman that basically occurs every single faceoff. McIssac is in the running for worst referee in the NHL. As other posters pointed out, he was leading the charge in that circus game in Chicago last year. He’s just as bad in non-Oiler games too.

Thought we played a real quality game outside of the first 10 mins or so. We got caught maybe being a bit too comfortable after going up 3-1, but I thought those goals were good fortune as much as anything else. Ceci could have prevented the third goal by simply not icing it like an idiot. Brown is starting to play some quality hockey, really like his game at the moment and pucks are starting to go in. Very positive sign.

Also want to echo the fact that the PK was awesome tonight. Our best game on the kill this year, nice to see them nut up and respond after the disaster in Ottawa.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
I've said it before, but it's not just lately. It's been like this for a long, long time. It's easy to lose sight of that, but it's definitely true. Just look back to the series we lost against the jets, where we were getting absolutely manhandled and no calls were made.

Look back at the Sharks series in 16/17, where an oiler would breathe on a Shark and get called. Plenty more examples, but it's not new.
Normally, they are actual penalties though, like they might not call it even but what they do call on the Oilers are actual infractions. The past 2 games they've straight up imagined things.

ManOfSteelI

Nov 5, 2018
Normally, they are actual penalties though, like they might not call it even but what they do call on the Oilers are actual infractions. The past 2 games they've straight up imagined things.
I'm not sure that I agree. There are certainly legitimate penalties called, but phantom calls have always been a factor.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Good game. very playoff-like. Still think we need an injection of speed into the lineup, but can't complain about how we played tonight for the most part.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Happy to get the win, we outplayed them. 2nd goal against was a stinker on Skinner, 3rd one, not sure why Nurse just opts to move off Monahan and let him have a free tip for no reason.

We really need to sort out our game with the point shots, it feels like teams, especially squads like Vegas and Winnipeg get a bunch of easy freebies on us just by firing nothing shots from the point that end up being rebound goals or tips or just clean going in.

Think I would rather have Monahan instead of Henrique.

I got this one done a couple years ago…I’ve had some compliments and some peeps told me it was wrong, but I like it.

View attachment 842127

The Reebok redesign piping not withstanding, the dark navy 90s-2006 era sweaters should be brought back for next season IMO.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
God that Hyman goal was so satisfying. I f***ing LOVE Zach Hyman. Guys got the mojo and then some, it’s like he’s blessed by the hockey god. Just plays the game the right way with the right mindset and it pays off.

@KeithIsActuallyBad sorry for your loss brother, she’ll always be there with you

Hope the boys get a good sleep on the red eye bus to the Brandon airport. Hope the bus doesn’t catch any strays on the way outta town too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad