Post-Game Talk: Hymanator shoots down the Jets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think the two extremes on Skinner are both annoying tbh. You get the people who blame him for everything and then you get the people who claim he has no chance on everything. It's somewhere in the middle. He lets in goals he shouldn't. He makes some elite level saves like the 2 off Lowry in the 3rd. Both goals in question are not easy saves, but they are saveable. I wouldn't expect a goalie to always save them but there's things that can be done to improve your chances of making saves on both of those goals. First goal had a few things going on with the screen and the shot dipped as it was knuckling. Probably one Skinner would like to have back. The second was a great deflection, but obvious the original shot opened Skinner up a lot and I think it was even going wide. He'd like to keep himself a little tighter there and not overplay the original shot, but sometimes that happens and you get caught overplaying the original shot. He played a good game overall.

Yeah I’m in the middle on him as well. He’s shown a lot of improvement this year.

Andrew Berskshire, I guess he’s a journalist of some type, tweeted that the only reason Hyman is the kind of player he is, is the result of his very privileged socio economic upbringing, ignoring in totality his character, inner drive and passion, not to mention his strong work ethic on the ice and away from the rink. I guess he comes from the Spector School of Minimizing Accomplishments Journalism School.

I’d use the term journalist very loosely.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
GJplgZubIAAN12P
I'm not terminally online and just got caught up on all this Andrew Berkshire stuff. Wow, what a f***ing loser that guy is. Actually pathetic the comments he made.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I'm not terminally online and just got caught up on all this Andrew Berkshire stuff. Wow, what a f***ing loser that guy is. Actually pathetic the comments he made.

Anti-Semitic if you ask me. Plenty of players from wealthy families have exceeded expectations but for some reason this assclown decides to call out Hyman for his family having money. Very suspect “journalism”.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
The NHL pays guys to open doors at the penalty box but they can’t have a 3rd ref to actually call their own game properly.
How many officials does the NFL use for games? I don’t know either but it’s more than 2

I don’t disagree with you but I don’t think a 3rd referee is going to help.

The refs are stuck between calling a game, implementing Garys mandate and then overcoming their bias from years of reffing. Then the rules are everchanging depending if it’s regular season, playoffs, first/second/third period or OT.

If they wanted to call the game more fair, then they would just call the game regardless of all the extra stuff. But at the end of the day, it’s more about the business than being fair.

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
Not a fan of Henrique so far. Didn't realize he was that slow. I guess he gets by on his smarts to be in the right spot but pretty underwhelming looking with the puck

Reactions: McHelpus

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
People don't actually watch other teams is the problem. Vezina candidate Connor Hellebuyck has been a god damn roller coaster. Yet people talk like if we had a guy like him we'd have no issues.
And for the first half of the year it was all about how brilliant Vegas was in identifying Adin Hill as the next great thing. Hill may well turn it around but since February 12th he has a .881 sv%, and a 3.73 GAA in 13 games Over that time he has had a sv% over .900 in only 4 of the 13 games.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Andrew Berskshire, I guess he’s a journalist of some type, tweeted that the only reason Hyman is the kind of player he is, is the result of his very privileged socio economic upbringing, ignoring in totality his character, inner drive and passion, not to mention his strong work ethic on the ice and away from the rink. I guess he comes from the Spector School of Minimizing Accomplishments Journalism School.

Edit: here’s the post for those interested in listening.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In media, we have a responsibility to tell stories, but too often they’re just not honest. The narrative around Zach Hyman’s first 50-goal season for example, erases the real reason it was possible. It wasn’t just hard work. Follow me on tiktok and instagram, for more. <a href="https://t.co/LrAxmRiB03">pic.twitter.com/LrAxmRiB03</a></p>&mdash; Andrew Berkshire (@AndrewBerkshire) <a href="">March 26, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I mean a lot of pro hockey players come from privileged backgrounds since hockey in general is an extremely expensive sport to play.

But I think we all know really why Andrew is focusing on Hyman specifically. I wonder what that could be?

Hmmm let’s check his tweets:

IMG_2397.jpeg

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I mean a lot of pro hockey players come from privileged backgrounds since hockey in general is an extremely expensive sport to play.

But I think we all know really why Andrew is focusing on Hyman specifically. I wonder what that could be?

View attachment 842255

Montreal journalist? Why am I not surprised…
Unrelated but the whole province of Quebec should just form their own country. We’ve carried them long enough :nod:

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
This is just nonsense. I get it you have fun shit posting, but get over yourself.
Not at all. I believe Campbell is the best goaltender in the Oilers organization and they'll need him in the playoffs if the Oilers are to advance. You can't handle that opinion. Remarkable.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
It's funny because the money part is essentially every NHLer. Heck the Pee Wee leagues were corrupt 25 years ago if you had money and I'm sure that hasn't changed.

Money will open doors for you, no doubt. But the door eventually gets closed if you can't keep up.
I’d say it’s actually more skewed to families that have the means to assist their child nowadays. So many more options now like private skill sessions, mental health and nutritional assistance, a variety of super elite travel spring tournaments, etc. We’ve all seen the silver spoon kids who never amount to anything other than being trust fund kids, and Hyman is pretty much the last player anyone should rag on, he had parents who cared enough to give him the best opportunity, taught him how to be humble, and Zach has turned out to be one of the best and hardest working players in the league, and most importantly pretty much a universally loved person off the ice.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I’d say it’s actually more skewed to families that have the means to assist their child nowadays. So many more options now like private skill sessions, mental health and nutritional assistance, a variety of super elite travel spring tournaments, etc. We’ve all seen the silver spoon kids who never amount to anything other than being trust fund kids, and Hyman is pretty much the last player anyone should rag on, he had parents who cared enough to give him the best opportunity, taught him how to be humble, and Zach has turned out to be one of the best and hardest working players in the league, and most importantly pretty much a universally loved person off the ice.
Essentially what Hyman turned out to be is what most parents with money would want out of their son or daughter.

Someone that was given the opportunity to do what they wanted and put in the effort to get there and became a successful respectful human.

I honestly don't see the difference between a rich family spending their money on their kid in sports vs sending your kid to the best universities to become a doctor or dentist or scientist etc..

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

View attachment 842255
As I said in another thread....did he go on twitter and complain that the reason Sam Reinhart scored 50 was cause he grew up rich? if not...why not?

dude has an axe to grind

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Nice power move from Hyman to win at the end. And man, he may be the only guy on the team with the ability to score on close in rebounds, but some of those rebound goals show great hand eye coordination.

p.s. Can we ignore the existence of the guy whose opinion doesn't matter and just creates a distraction. Nobody is going to be a better person winning an discussion with him as the foundational component.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Going to say what I posted in the mains here as well: Berkshire has a clown take but throwing labels like Anti-Semetic on him for having a clown take is dangerous.

Regardless of how you feel about geopolitics. I wouldn't be labeled xenophobic for criticizing a Russian player or an American for their background so doing that to Berkshire is not fair either.

To me it's like those who throw the racism label to anyone who doesn't like Singh as an announcer. I'm not Islamophobic if I criticize Nazem Kadri. Not everything has to be racial or bigotry.

The guy wanted clicks and his name out there, he got that.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Bored Man

PositiveCashFlow

the construction could be better
Jul 10, 2007

Edit: here’s the post for those interested in listening.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In media, we have a responsibility to tell stories, but too often they’re just not honest. The narrative around Zach Hyman’s first 50-goal season for example, erases the real reason it was possible. It wasn’t just hard work. Follow me on tiktok and instagram, for more. <a href="https://t.co/LrAxmRiB03">pic.twitter.com/LrAxmRiB03</a></p>&mdash; Andrew Berkshire (@AndrewBerkshire) <a href="">March 26, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WTF is this?

Did anyone bring up Panarin yet?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Nice to see them win a game against another playoff team.

The Western conference playoffs is going to be coin flip hockey game over game and series over series.

Watch after I say that some team will go 12-0 through the west haha.

Reactions: Section337

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad