Post-Game Talk: Hyman Hattie!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
The Preds topsix producing players, the core of their club, are a collective -41 and essentially getting burned alive. You rarely see that being so evident in a club and seems to indicate things will only get worse in "smashville"

Meanwhile doofuses like Jeannot, Trenin have a combined 5 goals. Somehow last season in outlier magic they had 41. These are tweener players if that and anybody could have bet on the crashing thud back to Earth for these two. Just among the many sad stories on the Preds this year. Just a shit team.

Nino Neiderreiter, their new guy is the only one on the whole team going and has 10 goals.

Preds don't even have one ppg player in the lineup and not even close. The top producer they got is -9. This club is going nowhere. You can bet on them to miss playoffs.

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
Next game will be tough. The boring a** Blues. They play all of these high scoring games when I check the OOT, but like LA, play 1995 Devils hockey against us. They also get the least penalties called against them or close to it in the league

Oilers better up their ES game next.

ANA Saturday and NSH Monday. I hope this team doesn't lay an egg like they seem to do against bad teams when they start feeling it

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
The Preds topsix producing players, the core of their club, are a collective -41 and essentially getting burned alive. You rarely see that being so evident in a club and seems to indicate things will only get worse in "smashville"

Meanwhile doofuses like Jeannot, Trenin have a combined 5 goals. Somehow last season in outlier magic they had 41. These are tweener players if that and anybody could have bet on the crashing thud back to Earth for these two. Just among the many sad stories on the Preds this year. Just a shit team.

Nino Neiderreiter, their new guy is the only one on the whole team going and has 10 goals.

Preds don't even have one ppg player in the lineup and not even close. The top producer they got is -9. This club is going nowhere. You can bet on them to miss playoffs.
I just think when you’re core has Duchene and Johansen in it, you’re team isn’t going anywhere. Maybe they make the playoffs here and there but its a whole lot of meh.

Reasonable Oil Fan

NO KOOL AID PLEASE!!
Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
Nice recovery tonight after last nights game
Showed a lot of character!
Now, we need to go on a nice little run (considering the upcoming competition it should be easy) to build some separation by Christmas

Reactions: Biltmore

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Exactly how it should be for young players. They did good in the time they were given.
Yeah, they were decent, I just disagree with the sentiment that they were the team's best pairing on the night. Bouchard managed to be out there for 2 of the 3 goals with Kulak though, and he always just seems to be the guy who looks like he has no awareness of where the play is going in the defensive zone and gets caught in no man's land all the time.

Not that I really think anyone did anything really wrong on either of those two goals, good shots by the Preds off of good plays.

Last edited:
Reactions: McTonyBrar

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Love the fact that Hyman finally gets his first hatty. Especially after the terrible luck with disallowed goals this year.

Draisaitl is automatic against the Preds. He must've been mauled to death by a Sabretooth Tiger in a past life.

McDavid gunning for 60 goals, 90 assists, 150 points? If anybody can do it...

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I just think when you’re core has Duchene and Johansen in it, you’re team isn’t going anywhere. Maybe they make the playoffs here and there but its a whole lot of meh.
Yeah these are posterboy country club players and they're adding others to it. Forsberg is having a shit season too. Its Josi and very little help. Gonna be a long season in Nashville.

Somehow the Preds got good seasons out of Johansen and Duchene last season. That rarely occurs. Forsberg had a career year. He's really fallen back from that.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Well shit.

Robertson’s 1 assist tonight easily matched Mcdavid’s 4 point night and now Robertson is basically even with 97 in points, assists and goals.

Hart trophy race is done.

TSN probably
Its kinda unreal how none of the sports media have said anything about McDavid's scoring....just goes to show you how his consistent dominance is taken for granted...sad really.

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
We all know it already, but it was odd when Woody just threw JP up instead of Hyman when it was 5-3

Nothing spells showcase like that. I think JP made 1 or 2 good plays right when he went up there

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Just some more Preds stuff. I like to dig deep on this stuff sometimes.

Jan 11, 2022, this same year, the Preds were first place in division ahead of everybody, even Colorado. I never knew how. I said it was lighting in a bottle that wouldn't continue. SINCE that point the Preds went 21W 19L 5OTL Meaning they lost 24 of the remaining games that season. Barely treading water the Preds fell to 5th place, last Wildcard spot and if the season lasted another week they would have fell out of playoffs completely. The Preds go onto get swept in the playoffs. Preds gave up 7 goals to Colorado twice and getting thumped in 3 of the games.

This season preds again way out of it in 5th place in division, are currently Bettman .500 but again more losses than wins. 12W 12L 3OTL

So that over last 76 games including playoffs the preds are a forlorn 33W 35L 8OTL. Thats 10more losses than Wins over nearly a calendar year. The crazy thing to consider is how was this club ever in first place? They've been muppets ever since.

Reactions: Biltmore

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
I didn't want to post anything in their thread, but it was really funny reading the GDT on the Nashville board.
Most of them didn't even want to watch how Draisaitl was going to massacre them before the opening faceoff.

But they posted some ridiculous Draisaitl stats.

He now has 22 G and 11A in the last 11 games against the Preds.

He has a ridiculous 33.9% shooting percentage in that time (including a Vezina winner in Rinne, and a Norris winner in Josi) and the most PPG against them than any other team.

Despite the 5-point night, they're sorta taking some solace that they didn't let him get the Hat trick.
Their Wiki page is under protection, true Draisaitl is not the owner of the team. But that kind of dominance should be noted on the page.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Next game will be tough. The boring a** Blues. They play all of these high scoring games when I check the OOT, but like LA, play 1995 Devils hockey against us. They also get the least penalties called against them or close to it in the league

Oilers better up their ES game next.

ANA Saturday and NSH Monday. I hope this team doesn't lay an egg like they seem to do against bad teams when they start feeling it

Eakins magic continues. Cannot lose that game.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Eakins has to have the lowest winning percentage of any coach with 300 games or better coaching in the NHL

IMG_9531.jpg

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Why is McDavid killing penalties. Did you see him put out his hand to block a shot. Luckily it missed. Why the fu k isn't Jesse killing penalties. Guy has huge reach, Can skare and is pretty good defensively. I don't think he has ever been tried.

Malone and Shore seem like nice guys but I can't wait until they are either eating popcorn or playing in the AHL. Also getting tired of Ryan.

Reactions: Duke74 and Biltmore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad