Recalled/Assigned: Hutchinson Back Up, Kaskisuo Sent Down

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
In Hutchenson's 6 regular starts he has given up 5 goals against X 4 and 4 goals against X 2 and the only point he secured in net was in a 6-5 in a SO loss to Montreal.

Your odds of winning a game needing to score 6 or 5 goals minimum are not great.

The fact the Hutchenson has been waived throughout the league unclaimed further evidence that its time for a Cool Change as Little River Band would sing.

Reactions: Its not your fault

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
At least now Dubas can (hopefully) move forward and address this glaring issue on the roster.

I think giving Hutch another shot was the right thing to do under the circumstances, but he just can't cut it at this level.
Why would you think that. As I told you it will cost us 2 more points. I was trying to stay positive yesterday as I thought Leafs could just outscore the issue. But reality is we get 6 Hutch will give up 7.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Why would you think that. As I told you it will cost us 2 more points. I was trying to stay positive yesterday as I thought Leafs could just outscore the issue. But reality is we get 6 Hutch will give up 7.

Because we needed to see how Hutch would respond under Keefe before considering moving assets to address the issue. Now it's absolutely clear that the backup goaltender situation is in crisis mode.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017

The players wanted Hutch. The players play and the coaches coach. What is wrong with this regime?

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Because we needed to see how Hutch would respond under Keefe before considering moving assets to address the issue. Now it's absolutely clear that the backup goaltender situation is in crisis mode.

Lol. See how he would respond to Keefe. He’s a goalie. His job is to stop pucks, it doesn’t matter who is behind the bench. The excuses never end.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
At least now Dubas can (hopefully) move forward and address this glaring issue on the roster.

I think giving Hutch another shot was the right thing to do under the circumstances, but he just can't cut it at this level.

Yeah from a social/people person point of view. Everyone gets a clean slate. But enough is enough.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

The players wanted Hutch. The players play and the coaches coach. What is wrong with this regime?

I’d say taking player input and giving everyone an opportunity is quite important and one of the driving factors of the coaching change. That said, time’s up for Hutch.

Reactions: Menzinger

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I’d say taking player input and giving everyone an opportunity is quite important and one of the driving factors of the coaching change. That said, time’s up for Hutch.

That should have been done after his 3rd start at the latest

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Ok now lets fix it. I watched both Woll and Kask play this weekend. Well done by Leafs putting Saturdays game at Scotia so easy to watch both games what a treat. and then Sunday at Coca Cola. Neither guy is close to ready. We are in deep sh*t. I would not put Hutch, Kask or Woll in the net. Guaranteed loss. I can't see any other option but a trade today or tomorrow.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Ok now lets fix it. I watched both Woll and Kask play this weekend. Well done by Leafs putting Saturdays game at Scotia so easy to watch both games what a treat. and then Sunday at Coca Cola. Neither guy is close to ready. We are in deep sh*t. I would not put Hutch, Kask or Woll in the net. Guaranteed loss. I can't see any other option but a trade today or tomorrow.

Yup. Tristan Jarry would be ideal.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I give credit for Keefe for being creative and trying something new in starting Hutch for the first game in a back to back in an afternoon start, similar to the AHL

That said, can we please stop throwing away points with bad backup goaltending?

I don't expect an all star performance from a backup but you should at least be looking at a 50/50 chance to win. Right now I feel like there is only a 0-5% chance we walk away from with points with Hutch in net.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I give credit for Keefe for being creative and trying something new in starting Hutch for the first game in a back to back in an afternoon start, similar to the AHL

That said, can we please stop throwing away points with bad backup goaltending?

I don't expect an all star performance from a backup but you should at least be looking at a 50/50 chance to win. Right now I feel like there is only a 0-5% chance we walk away from with points with Hutch in net.

You can only get so creative with 2 AHL goaltenders. Start him first or 2nd of the back to back & you're going to get the same results. We know what he is at this point of the season.

Reactions: Buds17

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Would Habs eat 1M AAV on Kinkaid if he clears and accept trade for Hutch??????? Maybe best for both guys to do a reset??????????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad