OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLV: Y2K Twenty-Four Years Later

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Canucks fan here, but I had to come to the Hurricanes boards to ask this question,

Can someone please share some of their favourite sandwich recipes ?

I mean, I'll sometimes take leftover hamburger buns, pop them in the toaster oven, and then take turkey breast/roast beef/salami and Swiss cheese and have that for lunch. I think it's good.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Canucks fan here, but I had to come to the Hurricanes boards to ask this question,

Sailor Sandwich.

It's basically a pastrami on rye, but you slap a knockwurst in there. It should not work, but it f***ing does. @Beef Invictus tell him.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

You take one slice of bread. And then you take another one. You throw enough sandwich meat on the first one there that your eyes think you can eat, Add a couple slices of whatever cheese you fancy. Put some chili relish and mayo on the other slice of bread, and lay it on the meat sauce side down, and go to town on it like a sailor coming home to his wife after a 6 month stint at sea.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
Fry up an egg. Lighty saute ham. Place one slice bread of choice in skillet. Place ham, egg and cheddar on slice. Season with pepper and/or salt. Cover with other slice. Flip until cheese melted; desired darkness.

Works well with pastrami; other deli meats.
Mayo or other condiments work on there as well.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I'm a big cheesesteak fan, but they are a bit of a production to make at home. Worth it, though.

For normal sandwiches, always base meat (roast beef or ham, sometimes chicken)/salami/pickled something (bananna peppers, sauerkraut), with cheese next to the bread on both sides to ensure everything sticks together properly when toasted (cold sandwiches generally suck). Mustard or pesto as the spread depending on how I'm feeling that day.

Reactions: MinJaBen

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
It's best in late November, but the "Thanksgiving leftover special" is awesome. Get some good white bread...I know, I prefer wheat too, but not for this one...and then slap as much Duke's mayo (if you put on Miracle Whip we can't be friends) as each side will handle. Add some turkey slices; both white and dark meat if you got it. Add some gravy to the turkey. A little bit of dressing...both cornbread and the other stuff works fine. Put on some cranberry jelly. Sauce is fine, but the Oceanspray canned stuff works best on the sandwich.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad