OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLV: Y2K Twenty-Four Years Later

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Fema is complete garbage and the response would be completely different in the NJ/NY/MA area than it is in NC.

Perhaps we wouldn't spread so thin if we stopped giving money to other countries so they hate us just a little less, no? Nah. F that.
FEMA has a very long history of inadequacy under multiple administrations from both sides of the isle.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Fema is complete garbage and the response would be completely different in the NJ/NY/MA area than it is in NC.

Perhaps we wouldn't spread so thin if we stopped giving money to other countries so they hate us just a little less, no? Nah. F that.

I just can’t wrap my head around the mindset of “Oh, these people have had their lives turned upside down. My job is to help. But because they’re picking a different political party to be useless for 4 years, I’m not going to help them.”

EDIT: I’m not going to comment on the rest. Got threadbanned once already, not worth risking.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I just can’t wrap my head around the mindset of “Oh, these people have had their lives turned upside down. My job is to help. But because they’re picking a different political party to be useless for 4 years, I’m not going to help them.”

EDIT: I’m not going to comment on the rest. Got threadbanned once already, not worth risking.
Not specifically in this scenario, but in general, I have actually seen PLENTY of this happen in real-world situations...so it's not exactly far fetched or hard to imagine. But I think this is more just typical FEMA/gov't is ALWAYS horribly slow to do things due to red-tape bureaucracy

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

The performance of FEMA and other federal agencies that the right doesn't like is a self fulfilling prophesy for them when they constantly vote to deny the agency the funding needed to do their jobs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad