Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
It's one third of a moose.
that works

anythingbutmetric.jpg

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
There's bears of course, but you rarely have a chance to smash you car into them.

I once went jogging in California and saw a sign warning about mountain lions. Didn't really know how worried I should be; pretty worried, apparently.
Like someone else said if you can see one its already considering you as a possible meal. They are terrifyingly quick and silent.

Reactions: Lempo and Porvari

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Almost got caught in a text phishing scam. I must be getting old.

Got a notice from the "USPS" that a package I'm waiting for had an incomplete address and I needed to provide them with the correct one for my package to be delivered.

I clicked the link, filled out my name and address, and then it redirected to a "$.2 service fee for redelivery" with the opportunity to provide my credit card info.

I recognized how stupid that would be and immediately shut everything down. I don't think I provided anything that wasn't public knowledge, but I'll probably be getting spam calls/emails for a bit now.

• Wow
Reactions: DaveG

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

Got a notice from the "USPS" that a package I'm waiting for had an incomplete address and I needed to provide them with the correct one for my package to be delivered.

I clicked the link, filled out my name and address, and then it redirected to a "$.2 service fee for redelivery" with the opportunity to provide my credit card info.

I recognized how stupid that would be and immediately shut everything down. I don't think I provided anything that wasn't public knowledge, but I'll probably be getting spam calls/emails for a bit now.
Time to fake your death and start over

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
They’re the worst in that grouping. If you see a mountain lion out on your outdoor adventures there’s a good chance it’s seeing you as potential dinner, because they don’t let you see them very often.
If you're dinner, you won't see them until their claws are in you. Big cats attack from behind and are very, very quiet. The one time I've seen one in the wild it was chasing a pair of deer. The deer were at full on sprint and making a ton of noise crashing through the woods, which is what drew our attention. My brother yelled "deer", and as he was doing so, a mountain lion ran by at the same speed- very, very quietly. Moving at roughly 20 mph and making virtually no noise.

If you *see* a mountain lion, you got too close to something, likely cubs, and they're trying to scare you away from that location.

But generally speaking, they view humans as too big and dangerous to be good prey. We can fight back a lot better than a deer. Unless, of course, you're one of those tender miniature humans...

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
If you're dinner, you won't see them until their claws are in you. Big cats attack from behind and are very, very quiet. The one time I've seen one in the wild it was chasing a pair of deer. The deer were at full on sprint and making a ton of noise crashing through the woods, which is what drew our attention. My brother yelled "deer", and as he was doing so, a mountain lion ran by at the same speed- very, very quietly. Moving at roughly 20 mph and making virtually no noise.

If you *see* a mountain lion, you got too close to something, likely cubs, and they're trying to scare you away from that location.

But generally speaking, they view humans as too big and dangerous to be good prey. We can fight back a lot better than a deer. Unless, of course, you're one of those tender miniature humans...

Or you're this dude

raynman

Jan 20, 2013

One of my irrational fears is running across a sick or old mountain lion on a trail who is desperate for some easy food. I don’t think throwing hands or my couch-jitsu will help me

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021

Got that one last week. I had to read it twice. The link thing was the tell.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Got that one last week. I had to read it twice. The link thing was the tell.

The link was a bit odd, but it looked legit once I clicked it. Even clicked on the other links on the page (which did lead to actual pages on the USPS website), so it offered some legitimacy. But as soon as they tried to get my card info, the smarter part of my brain said "Hell no."

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Got a phone call today telling me I was due compensation because I'd been in a car accident within the last two years. Guy with an Indian accent asked if that was correct and when I said yes he passed me on to, presumably, a closer. He asked the same question, and I said that I was and should get a lot of money because my weiner got cut off in the accident. Motherflocker hung up on me! People can be so rude!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad