OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLIV: The Previous Thread Has Been Cancelled

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
In this case, also the first and only lake they looked as well. It is weird that it took them that long to find it given the circumstances described in the article.
What, you expected me to read the article? Fine fine, I'll put 20 seconds in...

But finding shit at the bottom of lakes is just extremely hard. Lots of natural debris down there that gives sonar targets that look just like wreckage, and when visibility isn't stellar, diver searches need targets to go to, they don't just swim around. I recently read Bringing Columbia Home, about the search for the wreckage of Columbia, and there are at least 3 car sized chunks of the engines that were never found, though we're almost certain they landed in a particular reservoir. The US Navy searched with all they had and couldn't locate them. And that's 2003, with tech 30 years more advanced than '71. Tech now is 20 years more advanced than that, and the underwater drone options like those here, and better sensors probably help quite a bit, but that's not exactly stuff most local fire departments have lying around.

Let's be real, a small private plane going down will never attract a huge investment in a search. They'll send the Civil Air Patrol out a couple times a day for a few days or weeks to see if they see anything. If they don't find it, c'est la vie. At that point, it's gone until some strange disappearances podcast or hobbyist puts the work in.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
That's fascinating stuff and a really good post, thanks for taking the time to write it.
Now if anyone would take the time to read it.

Honestly I don't care about men soccer enough to read that much let alone women's.

No offense i just can't get into it. Watching Welcome to Wrexham and keeping up with them in the standings is all I can dedicate to that sport

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
USA CRICKET TEAM ADVANCES… BECAUSE… IT RAINED TOO MUCH AND THEIR MATCH AGAINST IRELAND BECOMES A DRAW.

THE MEME JUST GETS BETTER. PART-TIMERS BEAT PAKISTAN, CANADA, GIVE SCARE TO INDIA AND FINALLY ADVANCE BECAUSE OF WEATHER (DESERVED IT THOUGH), THUS ELIMINATING TOP 8 TEAM IN THE WORLD.

Only stain is that because of weird seeding system we are robbed of USA-Afghanistan matchup.

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
In this case, also the first and only lake they looked as well. It is weird that it took them that long to find it given the circumstances described in the article.
So I dropped a socket set on the deck and of course it all went in the koi pond . I still haven’t found all the pieces even with a magnet after two weeks.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
So I dropped a socket set on the deck and of course it all went in the koi pond . I still haven’t found all the pieces even with a magnet after two weeks.
If it includes a 10mm socket, you opened a portal to another dimension and you should just stop looking now. It will be impossible to find.

1718479591707.png

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
I need a corporate way of saying FAFO.
Make them put it all in an email. Clearly stated.
If it includes a 10mm socket, you opened a portal to another dimension and you should just stop looking now. It will be impossible to find.

View attachment 883102
dont joke man that shit is real , I thought I was the only one…

I built a 300lb gazebo on my back deck. I got lucky finding the dropped sockets
This pond is 12x18x6. I think luck might involve scuba tanks for me.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
This pond is 12x18x6. I think luck might involve scuba tanks for me.
Weren't you the one that had the Hustler zero turn mower as well? Well, mine is now 8 years old with a LOT of hours mowing very bumpy terrain. Two years ago, the muffler cracked and we welded it back together. Last year, the front bracket holding the blade deck broke and had to be welded back on.

This year, first one part broke when my friend was using it ($250 part and he repaired it), after towing it up from the pond with the tractor. Last time I mowed, it started making a weird noise on the last strip, and after some investigation, it's one of the spindle bearings going bad, so we ordered the part and once it gets in we'll have to drop the deck to repair it.

No idea how long these things will last, but the last 2 years have seen more things breaking on it. I don't want to drop $8-$10K on a new one though. Thankfully, my friend that helps me out is very handy on stuff like that.

Do you still have your mower? If so, how old is it and how often do you mow with it? (Mine has been mowing 3-5 hours a week from May through October since 2016, I'm not at the farm right now to know the hours on it). Have you had many issues?

• Wow
Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I just checked my bank account and made myself upset. Why the hell is health insurance so ridiculously expensive? Like I’m just trying to be happy about my higher than usual paycheck from these first two weeks of June and my health insurance payment is like “Nope, none of financial freedom here. You must walk this razor’s edge indefinitely.”

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I just checked my bank account and made myself upset. Why the hell is health insurance so ridiculously expensive? Like I’m just trying to be happy about my higher than usual paycheck from these first two weeks of June and my health insurance payment is like “Nope, none of financial freedom here. You must walk this razor’s edge indefinitely.”
are you doing Obamacare?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
are you doing Obamacare?

I should, but my income isn’t exactly fixed. Seasonal hockey work + Petsitting summer work means my yearly income varies, so when one of the factors in determining what tier/level/whathaveyou of the plan is yearly income and they put in something like “Oh, if you make more than what you’re claiming on this health insurance, you’re going to get taxed heavily”, it scared me off from fully going through with it.

Reactions: Tryamw

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I should, but my income isn’t exactly fixed. Seasonal hockey work + Petsitting summer work means my yearly income varies, so when one of the factors in determining what tier/level/whathaveyou of the plan is yearly income and they put in something like “Oh, if you make more than what you’re claiming on this health insurance, you’re going to get taxed heavily”, it scared me off from fully going through with it.
You should look into it and do the economy analysis. 1 of my kids (who you know) is in a similar situation and he uses it without any issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $700.00