GDT: Hurricanes at Devils 12:30 EDT - Game #78 (MSG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Our D is stacked for the forseeable future with these two showing promise and Luke and Muk down the pike.

I like a stacked D :naughty:
So the question for this off-season becomes whether we could trade one of Graves or Smith this off-season as part of a deal and be comfortable running siegenthaler, Bahl, Okhotiuk and one of Graves or Smith?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
What possible excuses are left for Recchi to keep his job ? There are none . He has had more than enough time with a healthy lineup and ability to practice like normal . No way he should make it past this season employed . He has had one of the worst PP ‘s in the entire league for over two years now . He has been given more than enough of a chance .
I will start to question Fitz’s ability to be a successful GM if he sticks with Recchi fur yet another season

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What possible excuses are left for Recchi to keep his job ? There are none . He has had more than enough time with a healthy lineup and ability to practice like normal . No way he should make it past this season employed . He has had one of the worst PP ‘s in the entire league for over two years now . He has been given more than enough of a chance .
I will start to question Fitz’s ability to be a successful GM if he sticks with Recchi fur yet another season
Neither Ruff, nor Recchi should be come back next year.

Any excuse beyond goaltending doesn't apply to Recchi and it really doesn't apply to Ruff as far as I'm concerned.

Hughes missed 40% of the games? Check our record when he plays, it still sucked. The power play was considerably better, but still in the bottom 10.

How does goaltending absolve Recchi from blame? ''If the goalies were better we wouldn't have allowed as many shorthanded goals like those two on Hammond the other night''. And what does that have to do with our power play being 28th best (and dropping) this year? That only takes into account goals scored on the power play, which has nothing to do with the goalies.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Bahl just straight clowning guys behind the net.
I want to see him play with an edge or some anger. Big dude like him needs to have a little nasty in him or whats the point of him being a mountain of a man.
I think that some of it is not wanting to take a penalty when he is trying to make a good showing in the NHL.
Same with Okhotiuk

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
ACE6796B-59A3-4F68-810D-8A02000CE759.jpeg

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I agree.

I posted the quote from the articles when he was hired, Fitz specifically mentioned him making thd Power Play better when discussing him. That’s a key part of his job. That’s just basic accountability, not “scapegoating”.

If they like his work with young forwards, kick him to a development coach job.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I want to see him play with an edge or some anger. Big dude like him needs to have a little nasty in him or whats the point of him being a mountain of a man.
I think that some of it is not wanting to take a penalty when he is trying to make a good showing in the NHL.
Same with Okhotiuk
Maybe what I meant wasn’t clear. He’s throwing his weight around plenty. He and Okhotiuk are ending so many plays with their physicality. It’s a breath of fresh air.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Not only he’s ending plays and stopping their forward with his physicality every time he’s doing some little things really well. Every single time their dmen has it and is taking a shot Okhotiuk is boxing his guy out and keeping him well away from the net or anywhere dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad