GDT: Hurricanes at Devils 12:30 EDT - Game #78 (MSG)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So is the fact that Jack Hughes has been absent for most of these games since this drought started going to save Recchi?

It really f***in shouldn't.

Reactions: Blender

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
2606BCA1-9330-4CD8-A9C5-E66CCBD5F27E.jpeg

What would you say you do here?

8F84331A-E327-4503-8552-832F572E4D13.jpeg

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That exposes the shit PP. A good PP strategy can be successful with average players. I’m not talking goals, just chances and shots on goal.

We don’t get either.
100% this. The only reason we score power play goals this season is because we had talented players generate them. Take those players off the unit and it looks like a disaster.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
I know everyone thinks firing Recchi will fix things but if the PP sucks cause the Devils are a rush team that can't generate offense when the other team clogs up the blue line then goes into a defensive shell in their own zone (even with only 4 guys!) next year is gonna be rough too.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
That exposes the shit PP. A good PP strategy can be successful with average players. I’m not talking goals, just chances and shots on goal.

We don’t get either.
There’s no reason to not have at least an average PP with the players we can put out there . 100% on Recchi that it sucks . No more excuses for him . They have time to practice this year . He has to go

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I know everyone thinks firing Recchi will fix things but if the PP sucks cause the Devils are a rush team that can't generate offense when the other team clogs up the blue line then goes into a defensive shell in their own zone (even with only 4 guys!) next year is gonna be rough too.
They have zero issues gaining the zone, so the blue line being clogged isn’t an issue. It’s when they set up. The strategy is awful. It would also be nice to have a few more right shot forwards.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Usually you can make adjustments as a coach to help in those situations. Lindy's staff is as stubborn as Hynes was...gonna keep forcing it regardless WORK HARDER IT WILL COME.

Doesn't work that way

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
They def have issues gaining the zone, at least in the most brutal PPs I've seen. Is there data saying they are average at it?

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Nothing to see here

''Oh but they're the best PK in the NHL''

Yeah and we're the 28th worst (probably should be 32nd though), so what's the point?

The Flyers have by far the worst PP in the league. Not just season long, it’s even been decidedly worse short term.

The Flyers have scored 1 PP goal between 3/23-4/23 (15 games).

We’re one of three teams with 3 PP goals in the last month, the next fewest. Kraken (13 games), Ducks (13 games) & Devils (14 games).

Ours sucks hard tho of course

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad