Value of: Hronek+Zadina

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
Howdy. Talking with some buddies about possible Wings trade assets and these two had their name come up a couple of times. Just kind of curious where there value is and how they’re viewed around the league.

Wings have needs pretty much everywhere but specifically a right handed center and a youngish LD to play with Seider. But I’m open to anything for conversations sake

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Wings have needs pretty much everywhere but specifically a right handed center and a youngish LD to play with Seider. But I’m open to anything for conversations sake

While I think the Wings should definitely be gauging Zadina's value, moving the pair for anything other than a 1 or 2C (understanding that the Wings may have to add, depending on the player) or a much better LD than Hronek is a non-starter. Any offer featuring yet another winger isn't worth considering at all.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Kravstov (9oa 2018)
For:
Zadina (6oa 2018)

Change of scenery trade. Neither prospect has lived up to their billing. Yzerman has had interest in Kravstov previously.

NYR needs RW, Kravstov is considered an RW with C potential.

It's too close to call this a win for either team.

A small add from NYR wouldn't kill the deal based on original draft position, the fact Zadina fell and Kravstov rose, and with Zadina being a good soldier and Kravstov being a Primadona there probably is a small tax to pay for that.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Kravstov (9oa 2018)
For:
Zadina (6oa 2018)

Change of scenery trade. Neither prospect has lived up to their billing. Yzerman has had interest in Kravstov previously.

A small add from NYR wouldn't kill the deal based on original draft position, the fact Zadina fell and Kravstov rose, and with Zadina being a good soldier and Kravstov being a Primadona there probably is a small tax to pay for that.

Zadina has put up more points this season than Kravtsov has in his NHL career. I'd say Detroit would want a lot more than a potential bust.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Kravstov (9oa 2018)
For:
Zadina (6oa 2018)

Doesn't make sense for the Wings, Zadina doesn't need a change of scenery. If we're moving a winger out it's not to bring another winger back in, we'd be targeting centers and possibly left defensemen as OP said.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Doesn't make sense for the Wings, Zadina doesn't need a change of scenery. If we're moving a winger out it's not to bring another winger back in, we'd be targeting centers and possibly left defensemen as OP said.

The thought crossed my mind a few weeks ago so I hopped over to the DRW boards and it seems in his specific thread some fans have soured on him and maybe sentiment was headed in the dangle him for something else phase.

One of our vetted posters said Yzerman asked for Kravstov over the summer if/when we inquired about Larkin.

It seemed to me a Zadina for Kravstov+pick wasn't too far off the mark given neither has lived up to their clubs or scouting expectations.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
The thought crossed my mind a few weeks ago so I hopped over to the DRW boards and it seems in his specific thread some fans have soured on him and maybe sentiment was headed in the dangle him for something else phase.

One of our vetted posters said Yzerman asked for Kravstov over the summer if/when we inquired about Larkin.

It seemed to me a Zadina for Kravstov+pick wasn't too far off the mark given neither has lived up to their clubs or scouting expectations.

Yeah, there will always be sourpusses among the fanbase and Zadina hasn't really lived up to the goal-scoring hype (still career .43 ppg) but he's been a hard worker and responsible defensively. I expect the offense will come once he gets a real, full season under his belt with better linemates.

I can't imagine Yzerman entertaining shipping Larkin to NYC, Larks is our only real top-six center and was recently named Captain. Kravtsov wouldn't interest me at all in a Larkin deal considering we're much deeper on the wing than at center.

I don't think the value is terrible (not going to call Kravtsov a bust or anything, he has potential), but it's too early and there isn't much reason to give up on Zadina unless it's a hockey trade for an upgrade at another position a la Sergachev for Drouin or similar.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Honestly, Buffalo has a ton of young LHD (maybe Johnson or Samuelsson could fit your bill?) and Buffalo needs a RHD badly.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Hronek + Zadina would hopefully get Detroit an upgrade at RD.

The roster spot that Zadina opens up either allows Veleno to slot into the 2C and Pius Suter to RW on the 2nd line or Adam Erne to the 2nd line RW and Suter to 3rd line RW. Or it allows Berggren to come up from GR.

I think a 25-30ish point RD that plays a solid defensive or 2 way game would be fair value for this trade. Someone age 24 to 28, preferably with some years left on their contract.

My preference would be Cernak and a cap dump (Killorn?) but I would pay extra if it was Cirelli coming back this way.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Honestly, Buffalo has a ton of young LHD (maybe Johnson or Samuelsson could fit your bill?) and Buffalo needs a RHD badly.

Detroit has the following LD in the system that are doing well as prospects:

Edvinsson
Johansson
McIsaac
Wallinder
Sebrango
Buium

They need an upgrade at 2nd pair RD this season and in the future. Definitely not another LD.

Reactions: Go Wings

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
I think these are two different cases.

The Filip Zadina exchange does not make sense right now. The hockey player's trade value is now minimal. Filip plays in the team. Time On Ice - 16:21 (2021-22). Hockey player progress is possible. Then different actions can be considered.

Filip Hronek exchange is possible. The approximate level of the player is known. The trading value is roughly understandable. Purchase of 2C (ELC) is desirable. The NHL has a team with an abundance of these players. This is the Los Angeles Kings. The two GMs can talk about the exchange. Detroit could add to get a player with higher potential.

Reactions: BSHH and deca guard

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
The problem with the Wings defense is that its currently impossible to know if the coaching or the players.... Currently Im leaning towards both with a tilt towards coaching.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I might be wrong, but I don't think Zadina has much value at this point... he just seems like one of those players who won't reach his draft day potential, and winds up leaving the NHL to play overseas by his mid 20's

With the emergence of Mercer, I could see New Jersey willing to part with Hischier...

To New Jersey: Hronek, Zadina

To Detroit: Subban, Hischier

New Jersey get a young RD under long term team control, plus a young winger with some upside

Detroit get a young 2C signed long term, plus a veteran RD to replace Hronek for the rest of the season

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Ottawa should be interested in Hronek, though I'm not sure the returning assets would be what Detroit is looking for...

To Ottawa: Hronek, Zadina

To Detroit: Brannstrom, OTT's 2022 1st (top 5 protected)

Maybe Brannstrom could be flipped to Arizona for Crouse...

Reactions: LazyT

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I could see Columbus having interest, but I'm not sure what they'd send back. If Laine wasn't off to such a great start, it'd be an easy deal to make...

To Columbus: Hronek, Zadina

To Detroit: Laine

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Kravstov (9oa 2018)
For:
Zadina (6oa 2018)

If Detroit's dealing Zadina it's going to be for a by far better player then Kravstov.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Kravstov (9oa 2018)
For:
Zadina (6oa 2018)

At this point in time there is absolutely NOTHING that gives Kravstov the edge here.

Higher draft pedigree: Zadina
More games: Zadina
Better AHL: Zadina
More NHL points: Zadina
Actually in the NHL: Zadina

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Ottawa should be interested in Hronek, though I'm not sure the returning assets would be what Detroit is looking for...

To Ottawa: Hronek, Zadina

To Detroit: Brannstrom, OTT's 2022 1st (top 5 protected)

Maybe Brannstrom could be flipped to Arizona for Crouse...
feels like brannstom is in every offer right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad