Value of: Hronek+Zadina

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I’ve seen a few games where Detroit can’t stop them with Seider on the ice.

there is probably a defender somewhere. Disappointing recent 1st round pick defender that you could swap for Zadina for in change of scenery deal. Maybe Brannstrom? Broberg? I’d have said Timmins before his injury.

Broberg? No thank you. Detroit has Edvinsson looking like he can play next season and be an impact player on LD. I'm not sure what the deal is with Brannstrom but he also doesn't really fit Yzerman's model defenseman.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Broberg? No thank you. Detroit has Edvinsson looking like he can play next season and be an impact player on LD. I'm not sure what the deal is with Brannstrom but he also doesn't really fit Yzerman's model defenseman.

I don’t think Zadina gets you a vet D unless he’s bottom pair. A change of scenery deal gets you someone with more upside. Otherwise, you’ve after a Chariot type player.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020

there is probably a defender somewhere. Disappointing recent 1st round pick defender that you could swap for Zadina for in change of scenery deal. Maybe Brannstrom? Ryan Merkley? Callen Foote? Liljegren? Broberg? I’d have said Timmins before his injury.

I don't think I'd include Broberg in that group quite yet...

Given the Bouchard has burst onto the scene as a 22 year old, it's possible Edmonton has a similar timeline for Broberg

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I think Detroit would be wrong to trade either one.

Having said that.. how about Barrie and Kassian from Edmonton. Lots of offence and grit!

No salary retention.

If Hronek is LHD then Keith and Kassian.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

there is probably a defender somewhere. Disappointing recent 1st round pick defender that you could swap for Zadina for in change of scenery deal. Maybe Brannstrom? Ryan Merkley? Callen Foote? Liljegren? Broberg? I’d have said Timmins before his injury.
None of the players you listed are even full time NHL players. Merkley barely looks passable as an AHL player.

Zadina has been a disappointment but he’s still scoring at a “meh” rate in a brutal Detroit team and is an actual NHL player. He has quite a bit more value than everyone you listed except maybe Broberg (but still has more).

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
None of the players you listed are even full time NHL players. Merkley barely looks passable as an AHL player.

Zadina has been a disappointment but he’s still scoring at a “meh” rate in a brutal Detroit team and is an actual NHL player. He has quite a bit more value than everyone you listed except maybe Broberg (but still has more).
I am not sure where to fit Zadina in as a trade value.

You’re trading him at a time he doesn’t hold much value if he’s traded tomorrow. I don’t think a team would give you a 2022 1st for him. He’s not good enough to help a contender and not worth remotely that to a non playoff team.

would Detroit take a 2022 2nd for him from an Ottawa type? Don’t see that being likely from your side.

So I’m fishing for change of scenery deals that being a defender to Detroit. Those deals do seem plausible. Or you send him to the Habs for a Chariot type. Not sure why Detroit does this though but that’s probably his value if he’s being moved for a guy that can play for Detroit immediately.

Last edited:

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017

Your evaluations are usually completely off but not sure how Broberg is considered disappointing as he's currently ripping up his first pro NA season lmao. Zadina is being heavily overrated by wings fans here, been given top 6 minutes and is producing okay in his D+4 season.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Your evaluations are usually completely off but not sure how Broberg is considered disappointing as he's currently ripping up his first pro NA season lmao. Zadina is being heavily overrated by wings fans here, been given top 6 minutes and is producing okay in his D+4 season.
I wasn’t sure what to do with Broberg. He was the guy I was least confident in adding to the list. But the Detroit fan said no to Broberg but called him out specifically so now I’m thinking I’m actually on to something there. Zadina is an NHL player. Broberg isn’t yet. But likely will be. The Oil may be interested in a Zadina to round out the forward ranks.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
Killorn has 7 goals and 10 points in 10 games this year. How’s that a cap dump? He’d play first line for Detroit.

Killorn is a much better player than Zadina.

Zadina is looking pretty bust-ish at this point. He’s a throw in for Killorn, not the other way around.

Maybe take out Cernak from your offer if Killorn is in it.

42 points in 97 games on a horrible team is a bust lol, maybe have a clue before commenting.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
42 points in 97 games on a horrible team is a bust lol, maybe have a clue before commenting.

Detroit is horrible with Zadina on the team. It didn’t dawn on you that he’s part of that equation?

He’s made little gains as a player since he joined the league. 2018 draft was pretty bad in hindsight and Zadina is one of the many underwhelming players from that draft.

Detroit drafted poorly for a while. 2015… Detroit takes a total bust that’s not with the club, 2016, an even bigger bust that’s not even with the club. 2017, drafted another bust in Rasmussen. 2018, Zadina.. not impressive.

how’s that for a clue. The clue is your last GM was terrible. Hence these crappy round 1 picks.

killorn >>>> Zadina.

Last edited:

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
Detroit is horrible with Zadina on the team. It didn’t dawn on you that he’s part of that equation?

He’s made little gains as a player since he joined the league. 2018 draft was pretty bad in hindsight and Zadina is one of the many underwhelming players from that draft.

Detroit drafted poorly for a while. 2015… Detroit takes a total bust that’s not with the club, 2016, an even bigger bust that’s not even with the club. 2017, drafted another bust in Rasmussen. 2018, Zadina.. not impressive.

how’s that for a clue. The clue is your last GM was terrible. Hence these crappy round 1 picks.

killorn >>>> Zadina.

Can't be that terrible, I mean you guys snapped him up awful fast. But yes, zadina is part of the equation, I guess that means larkin is horrible, bertuzzi is terrible and everyone else on the wings. until this year, tell me all about how poolparty wasnt a bust then? and this season still is only 9 games.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I wasn’t sure what to do with Broberg. He was the guy I was least confident in adding to the list. But the Detroit fan said no to Broberg but called him out specifically so now I’m thinking I’m actually on to something there. Zadina is an NHL player. Broberg isn’t yet. But likely will be. The Oil may be interested in a Zadina to round out the forward ranks.

I'd love that deal.
Broberg and Edvinsson on LD.
Seider and Hronek on RD.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Point watchers don't see that he plays a complete game and is easily a regular second-line player in the NHL at 21 years old.
I was surprised when I saw 'bust' above. I even double checked his career stats. I wouldn't trade him personally and Vrana coming back eventually can only help IMO.

He is a hard working player with some good offensive upside. Hoping some more points start to come for him.

Reactions: ThankGord

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
He’s not overrated at all. Go read a wings forum he constantly is being shit on.

Reactions: WaW

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017

Oh boy.

Believe me, I'd love if we could ever get to a point where our fanbase was overrating Zadina. For the last 3 years it's been constant shitting on Zadina. Don't think a single person in our forum is gonna get caught painting him in the light you're suggesting.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
constant shitting on Zadina
"ve never fully understood why that is happening to be honest:

upload_2021-11-8_13-49-22.png

He was taken 6th... no argument that Svech, Tkachuk and Dahlin are better. Kontkiniemi will be forever linked to him but he does have a better .ppg (.43) vs Kontkiniemi (.36). That leave Hayton at 5 who was taken before him. He's definitely doing better than him as of right now. Only guy taken after him that has more points is Farabee.

So he, so far, has surpassed one guy taken ahead of him (Farabee) and has a higher .ppg then another guy taken ahead of him (Kotka). Only guy to catch him is Farabree and Hughes.

Is it because of some of the very good D that were available after him?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

He was far from the most impressive player. Zadina is a perfect example of the advanced analytics not lining up with on-ice performance.

A lot of his shot attempts are from way out, high and wide, or he's assassinating a defenseman's shin guards.

Reactions: dragonballgtz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad