Value of: Hronek+Zadina

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
At this point in time there is absolutely NOTHING that gives Kravstov the edge here.

Higher draft pedigree: Zadina
More games: Zadina
Better AHL: Zadina
More NHL points: Zadina
Actually in the NHL: Zadina

Read it again. I said at the end NY would have to add to get Zadina. I dont no what "edge" you are talking about.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Jets could contemplate moving one of our high end LHD prospects/players for Zadina as I assume you want a long term piece to play with Seider.

We've got Heinola, Samberg and Stanley in addition to JMO and Dillon who are both under contract for the rest of our current all in push. Unless they can flip to the right side or we trade Dillon 2 of those guys are blocked.

IMO it wouldn't be something that we'd be looking to do in season but I'd consider an offseason move. Especially if Copp leaves via UFA and Stas retires. We want a spot for Perfetti and Gus but Copp, Stas, Nash out and Zadina, Perfetti and Gus in is pretty enticing.

Svech has been good for us and has good chemistry with PLD. I'd go to the Detroit well again but left shooting wings are really the last thing we need.

At 21 he'd be part of our next wave with PLD, Perfetti, Heinola, Samberg, Stanley (whoever is left because JMO will be here too), Lucius, Rashevsky, Chibrikov, etc.

Anyhow, something that I think would be worth exploring if you liked any of those LD as the return.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Jets could contemplate moving one of our high end LHD prospects/players for Zadina as I assume you want a long term piece to play with Seider.

We've got Heinola, Samberg and Stanley in addition to JMO and Dillon who are both under contract for the rest of our current all in push. Unless they can flip to the right side or we trade Dillon 2 of those guys are blocked.

IMO it wouldn't be something that we'd be looking to do in season but I'd consider an offseason move. Especially if Copp leaves via UFA and Stas retires. We want a spot for Perfetti and Gus but Copp, Stas, Nash out and Zadina, Perfetti and Gus in is pretty enticing.

Svech has been good for us and has good chemistry with PLD. I'd go to the Detroit well again but left shooting wings are really the last thing we need.

At 21 he'd be part of our next wave with PLD, Perfetti, Heinola, Samberg, Stanley (whoever is left because JMO will be here too), Lucius, Rashevsky, Chibrikov, etc.

Anyhow, something that I think would be worth exploring if you liked any of those LD as the return.

Zadina

For

Stanley
Rashevsky

Doable or no?

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I might be wrong, but I don't think Zadina has much value at this point... he just seems like one of those players who won't reach his draft day potential, and winds up leaving the NHL to play overseas by his mid 20's

With the emergence of Mercer, I could see New Jersey willing to part with Hischier...

To New Jersey: Hronek, Zadina

To Detroit: Subban, Hischier

New Jersey get a young RD under long term team control, plus a young winger with some upside

Detroit get a young 2C signed long term, plus a veteran RD to replace Hronek for the rest of the season

As a Wings fan I'd pull the trigger on this.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
i cant say how close i am to exact worth of all these peices and thusly if this is anywhere near do-able . but heres my thought :

hronek and zadina could help edmonton today and long term .i want holloway and oils 1st .
detroit can take back contracts plus retain on both . other peices that could help oil challenge
this season could be added . hronek and zadina could become instant big improvements ,
ecspecially zadina if you put him with a good center that creates chances for him . detroit gets
a center prospect and another 1st before getting serious about climbing out of the basement next
season...

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Didn't Hronek lead the wings in points, or did well offensively last season for them? I believe I heard that during the game last night.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kravstov (9oa 2018)
For:
Zadina (6oa 2018)

Change of scenery trade. Neither prospect has lived up to their billing. Yzerman has had interest in Kravstov previously.

NYR needs RW, Kravstov is considered an RW with C potential.

It's too close to call this a win for either team.

A small add from NYR wouldn't kill the deal based on original draft position, the fact Zadina fell and Kravstov rose, and with Zadina being a good soldier and Kravstov being a Primadona there probably is a small tax to pay for that.

Zadina has put up more points this season than Kravtsov has in his NHL career. I'd say Detroit would want a lot more than a potential bust.
K is not a close to a bust at this pt.
Reasons why he is not in NHL, and a case can be made he is meritorious of a roster slot over others who have to be moved, and he was victimized with Barron b'c they are waiver eligible.

------------
I think atm best play for DET is to hold both.
If they show improvement at level sought by season end, then they are worth keeping, or will get better return if dealt.

IF IF IF
DET fans think Z should be dealt, I would do:

Kravtsov + Reunanen + Hajek
for
Zadina + Hronek

and unless am wowed/forced to consider others,
I would look into flipping Z prob to LA and Hronek to Sabes

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If Hronek made like 3.5M I would do Sergachev for him + Zadina. The left side of our D is too expensive, need to move some money over to the right. Zadina could fill in for Kucherov while he recovers then add depth to the top 9 when he gets back and gives us a young forward with offensive upside which we lack.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Kravtsov is of no interest. He's behind in development, has regressed since his draft year. No idea why Rags still think he has value. Desperation?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Kravstov (9oa 2018)
For:
Zadina (6oa 2018)

Change of scenery trade. Neither prospect has lived up to their billing. Yzerman has had interest in Kravstov previously.

A small add from NYR wouldn't kill the deal based on original draft position, the fact Zadina fell and Kravstov rose, and with Zadina being a good soldier and Kravstov being a Primadona there probably is a small tax to pay for that.

Zadina’s scoring will come. Even if it’s a lot on the power play. His tw0-way game is pretty good for a young player. I wouldn’t even think about this deal. Detroit is really only after a top 6 C prospect or two, and if a deal can be made around their need, than they’d make a move. Not sure those types under 21-22 yr kids are available

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
While I think the Wings should definitely be gauging Zadina's value, moving the pair for anything other than a 1 or 2C (understanding that the Wings may have to add, depending on the player) or a much better LD than Hronek is a non-starter. Any offer featuring yet another winger isn't worth considering at all.
Hronek is ~ .5ppg career, 24yo (as of 11-2-21) RHS-PMD w/grit signed to a team friendly $4.4 *3y. Those don't grow on trees, nor are cheap to acquire w/term & low $.

Hronek would be the centerpiece, with Zadina as the other enticing piece. Wings don't add unless that 2C is a more of a lowend 1B.

Value wise, Bo Horvat would be my choice for a hockey trade, or similar caliber (slightly younger RHS preferable).

My point is, some teams & their fans have "2C's" that aren't actual 2C's, they just slot there by default. Red Wings have Pius Suter, but so far he's not a 2C, he just slots there, til he proves himself or is replaced.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Kravstov (9oa 2018)
For:
Zadina (6oa 2018)

Zadina for Chytil maybe. No room on W for Kravtsov, no need for "primadonnas" either...Not on Yzerman's watch.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I might be wrong, but I don't think Zadina has much value at this point... he just seems like one of those players who won't reach his draft day potential, and winds up leaving the NHL to play overseas by his mid 20's

With the emergence of Mercer, I could see New Jersey willing to part with Hischier...

To New Jersey: Hronek, Zadina

To Detroit: Subban, Hischier

New Jersey get a young RD under long term team control, plus a young winger with some upside

Detroit get a young 2C signed long term, plus a veteran RD to replace Hronek for the rest of the season

Terrible for DET. Too many reasons to list. Yzerman won't trade for Subban's ego & clown personality. Nor put up with a slew-footer. Washed up @ $9M, over 30+....NJ pays us to take him on. Also Nico has missed 100 NHL gp/236 possible & weighs a whopping 175lbs. -------->We already have Suter.

Capture61.PNG

Last edited:

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Zadina

For

Stanley
Rashevsky

Doable or no?

You know how to hit where it hurts.

It's not automatically no for me like so many proposals on here are, but also makes me feel nervous because Rash is tearing up the KHL and is on pace to have the like the second best under 21 season of all time in that league behind only Tarasenko. Ahead of Kuznetsov, Kirill, Panarin, etc. Then in Stanley you've got a guy we drafted in the first round that is 6'7 and improving all the time in the NHL. We put in the time to patiently develop him and now that is paying off. It's 2 guys I really really like but it's probably a fair ask for Zadina.

I'd need to think on it. So not a yes or a no... maybe.

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
If Hronek made like 3.5M I would do Sergachev for him + Zadina. The left side of our D is too expensive, need to move some money over to the right. Zadina could fill in for Kucherov while he recovers then add depth to the top 9 when he gets back and gives us a young forward with offensive upside which we lack.

I would retain a million on Hronek to get it done, I really like Sergachev and think he would do great with a bigger role.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Kravstov (9oa 2018)
For:
Zadina (6oa 2018)

Zadina has 42 points in 97 games. I'm a NYR fan and can admit that's not a small add considering Kravtsov grabs his baby blanket and bottle every time something doesn't go his way.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Hronek + Zadina would hopefully get Detroit an upgrade at RD.

The roster spot that Zadina opens up either allows Veleno to slot into the 2C and Pius Suter to RW on the 2nd line or Adam Erne to the 2nd line RW and Suter to 3rd line RW. Or it allows Berggren to come up from GR.

I think a 25-30ish point RD that plays a solid defensive or 2 way game would be fair value for this trade. Someone age 24 to 28, preferably with some years left on their contract.

My preference would be Cernak and a cap dump (Killorn?) but I would pay extra if it was Cirelli coming back this way.
Killorn has 7 goals and 10 points in 10 games this year. How’s that a cap dump? He’d play first line for Detroit.

Killorn is a much better player than Zadina.

Zadina is looking pretty bust-ish at this point. He’s a throw in for Killorn, not the other way around.

Maybe take out Cernak from your offer if Killorn is in it.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Killorn has 7 goals and 10 points in 10 games this year. How’s that a cap dump? He’d play first line for Detroit.

Killorn is a much better player than Zadina.

Zadina is looking pretty bust-ish at this point. He’s a throw in for Killorn, not the other way around.

Maybe take out Cernak from your offer if Killorn is in it.

Nah...Killorn doesn't fit Detroit's current age group. No denying he's a better player though. Any other time I'd be glad to have Killorn on Detroit. The goal is for Detroit to get better defensively because they have flat out been unable to stop high danger chances when Seider isn't on the ice.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Nah...Killorn doesn't fit Detroit's current age group. No denying he's a better player though. Any other time I'd be glad to have Killorn on Detroit. The goal is for Detroit to get better defensively because they have flat out been unable to stop high danger chances when Seider isn't on the ice.
I’ve seen a few games where Detroit can’t stop them with Seider on the ice.

there is probably a defender somewhere. Disappointing recent 1st round pick defender that you could swap for Zadina for in change of scenery deal. Maybe Brannstrom? Ryan Merkley? Callen Foote? Liljegren? Broberg? I’d have said Timmins before his injury.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad