Confirmed with Link: Hronek traded to Vancouver for ‘23 1st (NYI) and ‘23 2nd (VAN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
If Detroit is going to compete in the future we have a lack of complete elite players. Hronek was good but he was not 'core' good. I would rather see Yzerman's scout at work in the first round than just have an okay 3rd pairing undersized offensize defenseman to help us wild card into the playoffs. People seem to have a lack of appreciation that Seider and Raymond are the only currently known early career roster players that have elite all star career arch potential. Throw Larkin in the core because he has a good shot at career longevity. I don't think it's safe to hang onto a 3rd paring small offensive D when you are not even a playoff team and lacking a core. I really don't understand the difficulty in seeing that. Thankfully we have a GM that does. This is kind of a similar argument to the Krug debate. Its not the talent of the player, its just not the player we need at this time. In all honestly I am kind of not sure why Vancouver pulled the trigger.
Not to mention we sold Hronek at his highest value. Good move imo.

Reactions: Retire91

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Uhhhhh wut.

What's the condition on the pick? That shit better stay in 2023.

I found out the condition: If the conditional first-round pick ends up in the top 12, the Canucks Red Wings will get the Islanders' 2024 first-round pick instead.

I almost kind of hope it gets protected so we get an unprotected pick

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
I found out the condition: If the conditional first-round pick ends up in the top 12, the Canucks Red Wings will get the Islanders' 2024 first-round pick instead.

I almost kind of hope it gets protected so we get an unprotected pick
I don't expect the isles to be really bad next year, so it probably won't be a high pick. Picking in the teens in a deep draft this year is probably better.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I don't expect the isles to be really bad next year, so it probably won't be a high pick. Picking in the teens in a deep draft this year is probably better.

Yeah good point I don't imagine they are going to slide now that they have Horvat

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Saw a few Canucks and Wings articles about Hronek wanting $7M+ in his next contract. If true, thank god we parted when we did

Not sure the credibility of said articles, bu apparently Van is prepared to give him that

Reactions: iDangleDangle

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
The best part of this deal is that the Canucks will have to trade for Maatta next season when they figure out Hronek is useless without him.
Haha, this is funny, I love it.

It's like we traded them a great set of ear buds, but then kept the charging station.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Saw a few Canucks and Wings articles about Hronek wanting $7M+ in his next contract. If true, thank god we parted when we did

Not sure the credibility of said articles, bu apparently Van is prepared to give him that

His production and minutes are pretty good and not far from Sergachev.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
My biggest concern with this trade is shot imbalance we are "left" with.... Pardon the pun.

Walman, Maatta, Chairot are all left shots. Our best D prospects in Edvinsson, Johansson and Wallinder are left shots.

On the right we have, Seider and... Lindstrom?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
My biggest concern with this trade is shot imbalance we are "left" with.... Pardon the pun.

Walman, Maatta, Chairot are all left shots. Our best D prospects in Edvinsson, Johansson and Wallinder are left shots.

Handedness is not remotely as important as it will be made out to be.

It has benefits, sure, but for example, Colorado only has two RHD on their roster.

I've got absolutely no concern about handedness of shots.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Last time we won a Cup we had Rafalski, a bunch of LHD, and Chelios playing 12 min a night.

I am pretty sure that Edvinsson, Johansson, and possibly Wallinder have experience playing their off side in Sweden. All we need is one or these guys to be able to play their off side. I am thinking we probably add a RD in free agency.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Here's the fix:

1) Eliminate the lottery altogether. Draft order is based on record only.

2) Every year the NHL Competition Committee will investigate the bottom 5 teams. If there is evidence that a team did not use reasonable effort to ice a competitive product throughout the entire season, said team forfeits their 1st round pick.

Now nobody tanks, and the worst teams get the most help.
This is pretty good. Bottom five owners should also, imo, pay a "tax" into a pool that's distrusted to the rest of the league or restrict the money sharing to them. Or something. You have to make it hurt ownerships pocketbooks to get real change, not just in hockey, but NBA/MLB too.

Way, way too much incentive to not really try hard, still get paid, and get the luxury of selling hope for your fans with the draft. It's a good sales model.

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I

believe Buium is, at least he's on the right side, big guy , decent numbers, play physical game, can skate and shoot

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Last time we won a Cup we had Rafalski, a bunch of LHD, and Chelios playing 12 min a night.

I am pretty sure that Edvinsson, Johansson, and possibly Wallinder have experience playing their off side in Sweden. All we need is one or these guys to be able to play their off side. I am thinking we probably add a RD in free agency.
And none in the final.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
By having to play Lidstrom / Hagg / Oesterle in his place.
#EvilRickyBobbyMeme

Nope. No way. Zero excuse to not launch at least two of those three away, and sign a decent bottom pair vet to go with Edvinsson.

At the most, they can keep either Lindstrom or Oesterle as a 7th defensemen in the press box. But Hagg needs to be gone yesterday.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
#EvilRickyBobbyMeme

Nope. No way. Zero excuse to not launch at least two of those three away, and sign a decent bottom pair vet to go with Edvinsson.

At the most, they can keep either Lindstrom or Oesterle as a 7th defensemen in the press box. But Hagg needs to be gone yesterday.

I agree 100%, Hagg's skating is slower than molasses and super awkward to watch.

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007

Detroit now needs another RHD, and pretty badly. However, it's not a huge rush given that we aren't competitive and won't be for a little while yet. We can afford to flounder around with 5 LHDs looking silly as hell while this forum does its best interpretation of the cartoon dog in a fire meme saying, "everything is fine" for a bit.

Ultimately, Yzerman will surely be on the lookout for another RHD of the future, whether that be via draft or trade. The long-term need is very much underrated on this board full of LHD-lovin' turkeys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad