How will Dahlin rank offensively among D this season?

Dahlin’s PPG among D this season will be...

• Total voters

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
I feel pretty comfortable saying Top 5. The extra long offseason is the best thing for a guy who needed to bulk up. Dahlin will be ready to start heading into his prime this season.

Reactions: GOALOFSSON

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
With a quarter of the season played, Dahlin ranks 92nd in points and 101st in p/gp.

EDIT: there IS one category he's top 5 in: 5th worst plus/minus among all d-men with -9.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
With a quarter of the season played, Dahlin ranks 92nd in points and 101st in p/gp.

EDIT: there IS one category he's top 5 in: 5th worst plus/minus among all d-men with -9.
Yeah hes not playing well. I winder whats up.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
He's pacing for 17pts.

dahlin.png

ijuka

May 14, 2016
You can tell this poll's pretty optimistic, currently his pace is barely top 100 and the lowest option is top 20.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
You can tell this poll's pretty optimistic, currently his pace is barely top 100 and the lowest option is top 20.
He was that high last year.....

A few games and he will be again. Too much talent, i dont think it will last.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He's a 20 year old defenseman playing on the Buffalo Sabres, expected to be their #1 defenseman. He's gonna struggle sometimes, it happens.
he's #6 among Buffalo defensemen in 5v5 ice time per game (7th if you count Irwin who has played 3 games). He does get a ton of PP time, but I don't see why that would lead to him struggling. If anything, his role is too small

Reactions: NotLeddy

JoVel

Jan 23, 2017
he's #6 among Buffalo defensemen in 5v5 ice time per game (7th if you count Irwin who has played 3 games). He does get a ton of PP time, but I don't see why that would lead to him struggling. If anything, his role is too small
I assumed he'd be among the top, didn't realize he gets that little 5v5 time. Should've just ended it at he's a d-man for the Sabres, lol.

Reactions: eviohh26

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
I mean it is 10 games into the weirdest season in quite some time

And yes, it was but then again it's why you made the comment in the first place

Or I looked up where he was today, saw 100, and thought top 20 being the lowest option was a bit too high for him. And 10 games is 18% of the season so not really that small of a sample size when you dont have that much time to recover.

MrOT

Roenick / Modano / Hull
Jan 5, 2016
I haven't watched him a lot this season but is he really that bad or is it just the stats? Watched him a few weeks ago I think it was against the Capitals and he looked really slick with the puck and very creative.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Or I looked up where he was today, saw 100, and thought top 20 being the lowest option was a bit too high for him. And 10 games is 18% of the season so not really that small of a sample size when you dont have that much time to recover.

Top 20 might be a bit high given the nature of the season but let's wait until it finishes. Even if he doesn't finish top 20 this year it'll be the last time in a long time unless he gets a serious injury.

Again it's Dahlin and a couple good games could easily get him back on track. Everyone else has to maintain their pace too and I doubt most of them will.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Maybe I’m missing something, I don’t watch him play that much but as a Rangers fan when I see him play the Rangers I’ve never thought he’s stood out at all. Looking at the stats he’s been unimpressive and ditto for the eye-test in my limited viewings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad