How old is too old to attend an NHL game?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I'd say when you're dead, probably not a good idea to have your dead self at a Hockey game.
That makes me wonder if any fan has ever died at a hockey game (not later in the hospital, but in the stands, at the game)?

For me, that'd be pretty good. I've always told my wife that I hope to die in the throes of passion with her, but all things considered I'd probably rather die at a hockey game.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I would say around 28. By then you should be focused on your career and family, not focused on a game that many children play. I've always felt it embarrassing for people when I watch games live on TV and I see actual adults in the stands without their kids with them. I'm not here to tell people here what they should do with their lives, but reconsider your life, values and where you'll be 10 years from now.
While I'm sure this is a joke response from a veteran hardcore hockey fan, this view is very prevalent, at least in Russia. Like following a sport and attending games particularly (and, God forbid, cheering for your fav team energetically) aren't 'adult activities' compared to... whatever.

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
That makes me wonder if any fan has ever died at a hockey game (not later in the hospital, but in the stands, at the game)?

For me, that'd be pretty good. I've always told my wife that I hope to die in the throes of passion with her, but all things considered I'd probably rather die at a hockey game.
And ^^^this^^^ is why she supports you attending hockey games regularly.

• Wow
Reactions: dukeofjive

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I would say around 28. By then you should be focused on your career and family, not focused on a game that many children play. I've always felt it embarrassing for people when I watch games live on TV and I see actual adults in the stands without their kids with them. I'm not here to tell people here what they should do with their lives, but reconsider your life, values and where you'll be 10 years from now.
Are you enslaved by your family?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
when your in a coffin or an urn...

If you like hockey, can afford tickets, and have strength and patience to commute to and from the games, then go and enjoy your passion.

Sports dont really have an age limit to watch.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
"I'm not here to tell people here what they should do with their lives, but actually yes I am here to tell people what to do with their lives"

70 years old. Same age that people should be sent to the near death star.
Or hurled into a tar pit

• Haha
Reactions: Praetorian Caps

Praetorian Caps

May 15, 2018
I wouldn't bring any kids under 5 to a game, honestly.
One of my brothers feels that way because of rowdy fans. Last time me and another mate went to a football game he was appalled at the foul and obstreperous language some fans showed and said he would not want his sons exposed to that.

Not to mention the potential for violence from fans who get way to into it, which if you get into an actual fist fight you are and need to find a new hobby.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
When did we go from having respect for the elderly and the wisdom they have accrued over their years to disdain and scorn for the old? It is not a good look, imo.

Reactions: brentashton

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
This has to be satire.
If you’re over 12 and your circle is watching NHL instead of discussing stoicism, carnivore diet, investing, and Andrew Tate then you need a new circle
Does not compute!

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Some sad responses here. The only correct answer is that there isn't an age thats to old to attend an NHL game. Just do what you enjoy in your free time.
Exactly. The less you care what others think the better off you are. Anyone judging someone going to a hockey game at a certain age is probably judging people for every miniscule thing they do. Must be exhausting. Certainly not the type of people you should alter your life around.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Horrible take
It’s not the worst take in the history of the site. But it’s a pretty frickin bad one.

I’m somewhat hopeful it was a sarcastic one.

Reactions: Patrik26

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010

Good answer. But I'd go even younger. Especially with the modern game, I think by the time you're 23-24 watching the pissy spoiled brats that play today is excruciating.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
One of my brothers feels that way because of rowdy fans. Last time me and another mate went to a football game he was appalled at the foul and obstreperous language some fans showed and said he would not want his sons exposed to that.

Not to mention the potential for violence from fans who get way to into it, which if you get into an actual fist fight you are and need to find a new hobby.
I'm not too worried about that because it rarely escalates past vulgarities in my experience. It's more their mobility, interest, and all that. I can't imagine a kid under 5 being all that into the experience at that scale.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022

iirc a child got killed by a puck at a Columbus game, though I don't know if she has passed away at the game or later in hospital.

nvm was in hospital

Reactions: Amorgus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad