How many goals for Ovechkin this season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
47 to sit on 900 going into likely his final year in the NHL. Still maintain that if he wants to he could hit 1000, but he will choose to not play that long in the NHL.

Reactions: Randyne

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
40+. He'll be motivated (and have a better team) to not have the slow first half he did, last year.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Funny thing about people going with the caps are wasting years letting ovi go for the record is that even if that were true (it’s not) what is the alternative? A rebuild is usually 4-8 years. Sabres, canadiens, blackhawks and a bunch of other teams are already 3 plus years into theirs. You could argue the caps are at least 2 years into one. Ovi is their all time franchise player. Were they supposed to say F off 3 years ago? Crosby will be allowed to play in Pittsburgh until HE doesn’t want to anymore and it will look the same. The team will try to remain competitive for him as he deserves. I just don’t understand what the naysayers think the alternative was to letting ovi play as long as he wants with whatever goal in mind while trying to be competitive. If anything they have done a pretty good job of getting younger while keeping ovi happy

carjackmalone

Dec 30, 2023
Maybe Ovechkin and Dubois click?

Best case scenario in this regard 40-45 goals

Last season he didn’t have any proper centres

topseed

Jun 17, 2024
I'd be surprised if he cracks 30. Not saying he couldn't as he has shown multiple times that he still has it, but he definitely is falling off a cliff.

Reactions: Leafshater67

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I think he’s pretty washed and the playoffs showed that. He can go through the motions and hit 25 still but he will be a total black hole most of the time he’s on the ice.

Leads team in goals and PPG at age 38.

Your post is gibberish.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Hope anything short of death or a crippling injury occur to prevent him breaking the record.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I'd love to see him prove everyone wrong one last time and pot 50 goals, but gut says it'll be more or less like last season.

All I hope is that he stays healthy. He's so close, it would be so annoying to start missing games now.

Reactions: mysterman2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad