How many goals for Ovechkin this season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
They literally created the modern 1-3-1 and bumper role and maintained the best PP in the league for like a decade. So yeah, they're getting older and injured and the rest of the league is finally catching up, but that's kind of ignoring how many years of this being a perfectly acceptable, borderline unstoppable plan?

Your point is that now they're not much different from average, but again ignoring that Backstrom has been a husk (or simply not playing). Lose your PPQB and tell me it won't hurt, on average. It's the easiest thing in the world to say they should do something different and provide no alternatives, I'd love to hear how the Caps would be better and score more by giving Ovechkin fewer shots so that... an unnamed somebody can score more frequently than the best to do it.

You're choosing to agree to disagree with the person who watched their games this year so that you can trust your own casual eye test, because it says what you want it to say. The Caps' PP zone entries were f***ing awful this year, period, full stop. Coupled with missing a lot of the first unit, it's just no surprise they weren't leading the league this year.

wetcoast heard some analytics guys talk on the radio once so he knows better than you

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
45-50. I'd expect Backstrom to be his center for the entire year, Kuznetsov likely traded by the end of 2023 at the latest.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Him and Strome have clicked pretty well. Maybe Kuznetsov plays with some hunger this year in hopes that he increases his trade value.

Kuznetsov asked for a trade last year. He doesn't want to be there, I would trade him to Nashville, there's the Trotz and Kuznetsov connection.

Strome is a decent center for Ovy, too bad they can't sign someone like Pat Kane to play with Ovy.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Kuznetsov asked for a trade last year. He doesn't want to be there, I would trade him to Nashville, there's the Trotz and Kuznetsov connection.

Strome is a decent center for Ovy, too bad they can't sign someone like Pat Kane to play with Ovy.
Laviolette was a huge part of that, even though nobody seems to really talk about it. Kuznetsov isn't the only player that lost all the life left in him playing miserable hockey last year, but Kuznetsov especially needs to have some fun to get to that place where he's dominant and boy did the Caps' system just bleed it out of him...

Do I predict anything too positive? Nah, not really, but I don't think it would be a surprise if parts of that wound can be healed by a younger pace-driven coach. At any rate, his options to be traded are basically "play well enough for someone to want you" and... well, I don't think there is a second option.

Reactions: BallardEra

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Capitals are terrible with Backstrom and Kuzhetsov being shells of themselves, Ovie can still score some left circle bombs on PP, but I don’t see serious offensive support for him on the current Caps team

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

His time as a 50-goal scorer is definitely over, IMO. And I doubt he will even hit 40 in a season ever again.

But hitting more than 30 this season is very much within reach and would still be a remarkable achievement at his age, especially considering the roster surrouding him.

How do you feel about the stock market? Any predictions on any big upcoming competitions?

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I predicted 35 last year. He got 31.

This year... eh, I'll say 25. But, as ever, a lot depends on team context. If young guys suddenly emerge and the club seems in competition for a playoff spot, Ovechkin might not get two minutes on all the power-plays. But if the club is sort of out of contention early, then I'll say 25.

Reactions: Dingo

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
1a007609-4655-4c06-a85f-a51e783c4948_text.gif

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
6 goals then contracts Necrotizing fasciitis of the scrotum. Thus proving there are hockey gods.

Did he pee in your cheerios or something, to wish such horrors upon a man? Seriously Palahniuk, bit much.

I’m gonna say 37. He was hurt last year (age), this one will be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad