How many goals for Ovechkin this season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
For about the 8th season in a row I’d gotta think he’s going to decline a bit but the guy keeps surprising

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
This is a really good point, the organizations goal now is is the goal record so you'd have to think he'll be getting looks like crazy
This is such an easy thing to say to discredit the guy and team but nobody has ever been able to say how.

What moves have they made or not made so that Ovechkin can score more goals but also the hockey team gets worse? Who is Ovechkin getting in the way of, exactly, so that he can score more?

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
52 goal pace but will miss a few games so around 46 goals

Planetov

Nov 18, 2019
If the Capitals can maintain a middle of the road Powerplay and he stays healthy (I think his missed games last season were primarily due to bereavement) then 40 is definitely obtainable.

He is objectively their best offensive player. So he should be in a position to be "getting looks like crazy". All teams should be putting their best offensive players in a position to produce offense. It's not like he should objectively be playing Sonny Milano based on merit right now, but only remains top line, PP1 because of the "record chase".
The bolded so much. I’ve read far too many hot takes on these boards that confuse Ovie being his team’s best offensive option with the team “trying to get Ovie the record”.

“Getting looks like crazy.” No shit.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Interesting that only 37 is the highest at his age.

I think he's got a pretty good shot at beating that.

Just another notch on the belt to show how impressive he is.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Interesting that only 37 is the highest at his age.
As was noted, Gordie Howe scored 44 goals at age 40, but that was mainly due to mass expansion shortly before. Still very impressive, though.

The Caps' 20th-place finish in offense last season was their lowest placing since 2006 (though 2011 was close, at 19th). I don't follow the Caps enough to know how good / bad they are, but I think if they're depending on Dylan Strome to be their top center, then they're in for a tough season offensively. And a team struggling to win gets few empty-net opportunities (for Ovi to score).

Still, there's the PP. The Caps maintained a more-or-less League-average PP last season, so if they can do that again, Ovi will get his goals. If he can manage around 14-15 PP goals next season, then even a decline at ES from, say, 28 to 20, would still give him about 35 goals on the season.

I say, around 35.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad