Value of: How can Nashville snag Suzuki from Montreal?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
At the draft, if Montreal has a center they like, what would they like from Nashville for Nick Suzuki?

Listen, I’ve talked to Montreal fans and they said he’s as close to untouchable as you can get; however, if a center is available he may be moved at a overprice.

Let’s have some fun here and come up with creative trades.

Cheers guys, let’s keep it classy here.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
At the draft, if Montreal has a center they like, what would they like from Nashville for Nick Suzuki?

Listen, I’ve talked to Montreal fans and they said he’s as close to untouchable as you can get; however, if a center is available he may be moved at a overprice.

There's not a single pieve on the Preds roster that makes sense for the Habs.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Nothing that would make sense for either team

Saros plus Novak

Or

Josi for Suzuki plus something

That’s what I think his value would be somewhere at
Saros and Josi don't make sense to a rebuilding team as they will be put of their prime while we start contending.

Hence why Preds don't hold any assets that would make them trade Suzuki.

The only asset Preds havs Habs would be interested in is Askarov... And he's far from being worth Suzuki

Reactions: hn777

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
If the deal makes sense, it will happen.

Not sure why you guys are acting like Predators don’t have assets.

But anwyay, that’s cool. I understand your perspective
The only relevant asset to Habs rebuild tue Preds own is Askarov. Habs would trade other prospects for him like Beck, Roy, Farrell, but not Suzuki

Reactions: Coffees

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
I don't see any way even the reasonable Habs fans would consider this.
I didn’t bring up Nashville but they did say he could be moved for a overpay if Habs select a center.

and I’m paraphrasing “not looking to move him, but can be moved for a good overpay if we select center at 5”

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I didn’t bring up Nashville but they did say he could be moved for a overpay if Habs select a center.

and I’m paraphrasing “not looking to move him, but can be moved for a good overpay if we select center at 5”
Ah, I'll take your word for it. He'd be a great piece and fit within our build timeline, but I don't think it's the timing for the Preds to start overpaying in assets and I'm also not sure he's the player I'd do it for if it were.

Reactions: Coffees

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
It wouldn't be hard, just need to find a dealership...

SUZUKI.jpg

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
The only asset Preds havs Habs would be interested in is Askarov... And he's far from being worth Suzuki
They could sign ownership of the team to whoever owns the Habs. They'd probably even help Suzuki pack with that offer.

/Nobody said anything about the offer/asset being realistic

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Maybe Saros and your first?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The only way i see this happening, is if Montreal trades for PLD (and gets him for less than market value) and signs him longterm at a similar caphit as Suzuki, and then trades Suzuki for a position of need.

And that's really unlikely to happen. Like 0.1 % chance.

Suzuki / Caufield are inseparable.

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
If the deal makes sense, it will happen.

Not sure why you guys are acting like Predators don’t have assets.

But anwyay, that’s cool. I understand your perspective

As an outside fan I have to say there’s approximately zero chance of this happening.

True top line centers are by far the most value commodities in the NHL and Suzuki is locked up longterm.

Maybe if the Habs get a great center in this draft, and if Beck, Dach, PLD (if they get him) etc really started to cook, and if they had absolutely nothing going at goalie, then Askarov could eventually interest them.

Askarov would likely only tempt them if his future development went great, but if that happens, I’m not sure that Nashville would make him available. The other thing teams don’t tend to ever trade is their stud goalie of the future.

C8C81C74-EA2D-4F41-9EAE-0739EB523CFA.jpeg
Like his stashe btw.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
The only way i see this happening, is if Montreal trades for PLD (and gets him for less than market value) and signs him longterm at a similar caphit as Suzuki, and then trades Suzuki for a position of need.

And that's really unlikely to happen. Like 0.1 % chance.
Montreal fans say they are getting PLD “for free” so might as well trade Suzuki now since Montreal is not competing for the playoffs next year. :)

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Montreal fans say they are getting PLD “for free” so might as well trade Suzuki now since Montreal is not competing for the playoffs next year. :)
Just trying to help the OP find any sort of a plausible way that Montreal would trade Suzuki. And there is nothing that makes sense.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Nashville needs to stay the course and keep acquiring good pieces instead of being buyers right now. We're better off using the 1-3 really good pieces it'd take to get Suzuki than we would be with Suzuki and what we have now. When we have a good team again would be the time to use our capital to get a big piece.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Nashville needs to stay the course and keep acquiring good pieces instead of being buyers right now. We're better off using the 1-3 really good pieces it'd take to get Suzuki than we would be with Suzuki and what we have now. When we have a good team again would be the time to use our capital to get a big piece.
That is probably accurate.

Suzuki and his career best 66 points hasn’t established that yet.
That is certainly inaccurate, but otherwise totally expected considering post history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad