How are they doing now? (Former Sabres Players) Top 100 pics/stories

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

Hasek has some good quotes on Buffalo in that article. He basically implies at the end that if the Czech Republic were threatened by Russia next, he'd move back to Buffalo. Love to see him in the sweater, with a painting of the french connection.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Sheng Peng

It is a surprise that Rodrigues is available this late in the offseason, but a team executive intimated to SJHN: “E-Rod rubs people the wrong way"

I'm not sure what to make of this. I didn't know of any issues with Evan Rodrigues character.

Last edited:

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Good for Eakin.

........good for Buffalo.

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
Slightly OT: (though this is the go-to thread for Sabres history)

Did the Sabres and/or Amerks have some sort of agreement with the Detroit Vipers of the IHL in late 90s? Looking at their rosters I see a lot of Amerk players of the time (Todd Simon, Patrice Tardif, etc) and their coaches seemed to have Buffalo ties pretty consistently: Rick Dudley, Steve Ludzik, etc.

I don't recall them being part of the org. but I was fairly young at the time.

Apologies for the potential hijack of the thread, I just wasn't sure if the above questioned warranted its own thread.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Slightly OT: (though this is the go-to thread for Sabres history)

Did the Sabres and/or Amerks have some sort of agreement with the Detroit Vipers of the IHL in late 90s? Looking at their rosters I see a lot of Amerk players of the time (Todd Simon, Patrice Tardif, etc) and their coaches seemed to have Buffalo ties pretty consistently: Rick Dudley, Steve Ludzik, etc.

I don't recall them being part of the org. but I was fairly young at the time.

Apologies for the potential hijack of the thread, I just wasn't sure if the above questioned warranted its own thread.
Clubs are allowed to loan players, there is a league process for doing so. I'm pretty sure the contract financial responsibility transfers to the other club. Typically done for one of two reasons:
1. Club A has "too much depth" at a given position and club B has a dearth, so it allows playing time and continued development for the affected players, albeit with the other organization.
2. Personal / family reasons (uniting siblings, in-laws, getting a player closer to ailing family, etc). The Sabres were loaned Don Luce's brother in law several decades ago (Luce's wife's brother), Mike Boland. They then acquired him.

As to whether it happened in the situation you mentioned, I have no idea.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Clubs are allowed to loan players, there is a league process for doing so. I'm pretty sure the contract financial responsibility transfers to the other club. Typically done for one of two reasons:
1. Club A has "too much depth" at a given position and club B has a dearth, so it allows playing time and continued development for the affected players, albeit with the other organization.
2. Personal / family reasons (uniting siblings, in-laws, getting a player closer to ailing family, etc). The Sabres were loaned Don Luce's brother in law several decades ago (Luce's wife's brother).

As to whether it happened in the situation you mentioned, I have no idea.
You still see that from time to time in the AHL. I think it happens most often with goalies where they'll get loaned to other teams because of logjams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad