TV: House of the Dragon (HBO) - Season 2 - Summer 2024, please use spoil tags where it makes sense

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
A tidy little scene where Larys and Iron rod are talking about how neither of them want go give Aemond the rumor that Seasmoke has a rider. He got everyone so scared he isn't getting all his intelligence.

The dragon designs are fantastic.

Both sides have now seemingly planted the seeds to the downfall of House Targ. Parading Melyis's head through the streets and now letting low born claim dragons. Showing dragons are just beasts and not gods and the dragon lords really aren't anything that special.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Such a great episode. The thing is we obviously knew who would end up getting Dragons, but it was still so f***ing cool to watch those scenes unfold.

Vermithor is absolutely bad ass, scariet sounds you could ever imagine.

It's funny reading people wishing this season was 10 episodes. There's so many complaints about how this series writing/acting isn't anywhere near good enough to hold a candle to GOT(Which I completely disagree with but not the poin)... If this season had 10 episodes it would be even more of that dialogue/acting that so many apparently hate.

I'd love to get 10 episodes because I think even these "slower" episodes the previous couple of weeks were still very interesting and the character development was still solid. But anyone who thinks this season has been shit because of writing, how can you possibly want 10 episodes.

I want 10 episodes if only to get more unexpected scenes (like the unexpected kiss last episode!). More of that please.

Ironrod: Lord Larys, I would like you to tell the Prince Regent my whisper so that you would gain favor.

Larys: Lord Ironrod, you are too kind. But it is I who should be repaying you for the favor. *unexpected kiss*

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Awesome episode all around. Feel for the small folk for sure but in a sadistic way it made the claiming of Vermithor all the more grandiose. Oscar Tully smashed that scene and set Daemon up for the most interesting thing he's had to do all season.

Scenes from next week look outstanding.

I feel like I missed something.

The drunk hobo claimed he was related to the Targs but I really only remembered the one scene of him...now he has a dragon and test flew it to Kings Landing? Lol.

The guy who is a half brother to the others, when was it shown his daughter died?
It showed he was telling the truth all along. Or at least a version of the truth. He must have Targaryen blood somehow. The blacksmith made it quite clear is mother was related to Viserys and Daemon.

What was interesting was Addam potentially having Targaryen blood on top of Verlaryon blood? Wasn't expecting Corlys to reveal that his line aren't dragonriders. But maybe I'm misrembering something. Wasn't Seasmoke Laenor's dragon? My head hurts. Maybe I misunderstood the line.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
It showed he was telling the truth all along. Or at least a version of the truth. He must have Targaryen blood somehow. The blacksmith made it quite clear is mother was related to Viserys and Daemon.

What was interesting was Addam potentially having Targaryen blood on top of Verlaryon blood? Wasn't expecting Corlys to reveal that his line aren't dragonriders. But maybe I'm misrembering something. Wasn't Seasmoke Laenor's dragon? My head hurts. Maybe I misunderstood the line.
I just assumed that Addam could become a dragonrider since the Velaryons are from Old Valyria.
Or perhaps since Addam is a half-brother to Laenor, Seasmoke smelled some similarities between the two and chose him.

I guess it looks like the season finale will show The Battle of the Gullet. And I think they're going with Rhaena as the rider of Sheepstealer and the show will not use the Nettles character.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Am I just forgetting something? who was the guy he killed?
The guy Daemon executed was Blackwood, who committed the 'war crimes' against the Blacken's in their battle. The rest of the Riverlords took issue with it and Tully successfully argued that Blackwood needed to be held responsible for his crimes. This gained him the respect and loyalty of the rest of the Riverlords while at the same time showing strength to Daemon. He also knew Daemon needed him so he could show a position of strength bordering on full out disrespect towards Daemon.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I feel like I missed something.

The drunk hobo claimed he was related to the Targs but I really only remembered the one scene of him...now he has a dragon and test flew it to Kings Landing? Lol.

The guy who is a half brother to the others, when was it shown his daughter died?
That was really the only issue I had too, scene was a bit confusing.

Also, there is still another Dragon , some huge wild one that it seems like Deamon kid is trying to find? Did I get that part right?

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021

Also, there is still another Dragon , some huge wild one that it seems like Deamon kid is trying to find? Did I get that part right?
Yes. She want and has wanted a dragon forever shes just never bonded with one. She appears desperate now to try and bond with one and is willing to risk her life in order to do so.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020

There’s Daeron? They’re waiting for both him and the dragon to come of age.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Really? They've been building up to Ulf for a while. We've seen him in probably 4 episodes or so this season...maybe 5.

And yes! The random dragon is Sheepstealer flying around in the Vale. In the book, someone else grabs that dragon, but it seems Rhaena is going to get Sheepstealer. Rhaena tried to bond with Seasmoke at the age of 14, but almost died.

We'll see if she gets Sheepstealer!

There’s Daeron? They’re waiting for both him and the dragon to come of age.
Yes - he and his dragon Tessarion. Both kiddos.

Am I just forgetting something? who was the guy he killed?

Willem Blackwood. Same dude in S1 (as a boy) who killed another noble when they were trying to vie for Rhaenyra's hand in marriage as a teen.

Also, he's Daemon's bro who kind of sent his house to murder and r*pe all of the Bracken lands...Brackens are Riverlords, but they swore an oath to the Targaryen Greens. So Daemon didn't really care if the Blackwoods did whatever they wanted to them. Except the Tullys rule over the Riverlands, so they can't have in-fighting like that.

Reactions: GKJ

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I suppose a few well placed scorpion arrows could make things interesting, but as it stands right now the one side just seems to have too many dragons...

So... I'm wondering if one of those new riders will switch allegiances

If so, my money's on the big guy with Vermithor... for starters, they showed him hitting someone and stealing their food, so he already has questionable morals... they made a point of mentioning how big Vermithor is... and, for some reason, his wife didn't accompany him to Dragonstone, meaning she can now be used against him as leverage should Aemon discover who she is

In fact...

Imagine Aemon flying into battle with that guy's wife strapped to Vhagar's neck, so not only would the husband not attack with Vermithor, he'd be actively trying to protect Aemon and Vhagar

Last edited:

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
I suppose a few well placed scorpion arrows could make things interesting, but as it stands right now the one side just seems to have too many dragons...

If so, my money's on the big guy with VErmithor... for starters, they showed him hitting someone and stealing their food, so he already has questionable morals... they made a point of mentioning how big Vermithor is... and, for some reason, his wife didn't accompany him to Dragonstone, meaning she can now be used against him as leverage should Aemon discover who she is

In fact...

Imagine Aemon flying into battle with that guy's wife strapped to Vhagar's neck, so not only would the husband not attack with Vermithor, he'd be actively trying to protect Aemon and Vhagar

The main thing is the three new dragon riders likely need a lot of training

Like if Vhagar actually followed through on the attack at the end of the episode it would have been mostly up to Jace and Rhanerya to fight it off

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Thanks in large part to Emma D'Arcy's portrayal, I think Rhaenyra may have become my favorite character in the GoT universe...
Screenshot 2024-07-29 at 12-07-48 Watch House of the Dragon HD free.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sad People

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
The main thing is the three new dragon riders likely need a lot of training

Like if Vhagar actually followed through on the attack at the end of the episode it would have been mostly up to Jace and Rhanerya to fight it off
We've already been shown that's not the case...

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

If so, my money's on the big guy with Vermithor... for starters, they showed him hitting someone and stealing their food, so he already has questionable morals... they made a point of mentioning how big Vermithor is... and, for some reason, his wife didn't accompany him to Dragonstone, meaning she can now be used against him as leverage should Aemon discover who she is

In fact...

He stole the food to feed his family and sick child. He’s not going to turn.

If anyone is unpredictable and would it would be the drunk.

We've already been shown that's not the case...

Joy riding a dragon and dragon fighting are a bit different.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Awesome episode all around. Feel for the small folk for sure but in a sadistic way it made the claiming of Vermithor all the more grandiose. Oscar Tully smashed that scene and set Daemon up for the most interesting thing he's had to do all season.

Scenes from next week look outstanding.

Leanor is Targaryen, as was his sister Laena who rode Vhagar, and her children with Daemon. I took that scene, though, that Verlaryons could ride dragons too, they were just always relegated, or predisposed, to being ship lords

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Leanor is Targaryen, as was his sister Laena who rode Vhagar, and her children with Daemon. I took that scene, though, that Verlaryons could ride dragons too, they were just always relegated, or predisposed, to being ship lords
That's what I thought having thought about it this morning. Like the family line isn't usually asked to use the Targaryen dragons.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
The Greens only have one dragon?
Assuming Sunfyre is dead, they have Vhagar, Dreamfyre (Helaena's dragon) and some smaller dragons.

Dreamfyre is probably the fourth largest of the ones that have riders right now, but at least in the book Helaena doesn't ride much.

Reactions: Rob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad