TV: House of the Dragon (HBO) - Season 2 - Summer 2024, please use spoil tags where it makes sense

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Feel like one of the bastards will end up turning on Rhaenyra.

Gotta keep it interesting somehow.

Man goin from Joffery/Ramsey/Roose/Tywin etc I can't help but find Aemond so pathetic and kinda embarrassing that he is suppose to be this bad ass menacing villain. Not sure exactly what is missing for him, but it just aint it.

both eyes ;)

The eyepatch and his cheekbones and hair and all the black leather makes him look like an anime villain.

Reactions: 4thline and Peasy

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I disagree...

Before he even had curly hairs, he walked right up to the biggest dragon in the world and said "You're mine now!"

He aligned himself with the Hand of the King, took out the other side's biggest dragon and most experienced dragonrider, and managed to cripple his older brother, and seize power for himself

Personally, I find him to be far more interesting than either of the Boltons ever were
I agree all those are bad ass on paper, but I just don't find it was executed that well. And I find the acting for aemond to be really weak compared to what we got in GOT. I couldn't get enough Joffery or Tywin when they were on the screen. Aemond I just kinda chuckle when hes trying to be menacing. Even comparing him to Daemon I don't think theyre really close. Daemon IMO is executed and acted a lot better.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I agree all those are bad ass on paper, but I just don't find it was executed that well. And I find the acting for aemond to be really weak compared to what we got in GOT. I couldn't get enough Joffery or Tywin when they were on the screen. Aemond I just kinda chuckle when hes trying to be menacing. Even comparing him to Daemon I don't think theyre really close. Daemon IMO is executed and acted a lot better.

Man, you have some very seriously high standards, hah.

Aemond hasn't hesitated at basically any point to attack/fight when it was appropriate and his actor has some serious aura.

I'm actually shocked that anyone can say this about Aemond...of course, if you understand his character. Aemond is putting on an act, but it's also still him. Like they showed him naked in the brothel because it's the only time he can show his vulnerability...the scars of being considered "lesser" as a kid. Ever since the day he claimed Vhagar, he decided to be on a quest for revenge to prove himself.

Mostly, he has. I mean he bonded with Vhagar, he's become an excellent swordsman & military mind. He's pretty measured, but he also lacks the empathy required for others since he's so focused on his own trauma.

I'll say that Matt Smith is just a better actor with a better character to work with, but Ewan Mitchell's Aemond is pretty good, IMO.

Reactions: gary69

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007

That’s exactly it. What Aemond as a character has done is more impressive than his presence on the show. We’re supposed to find him to be a compelling, capable person, but the acting and writing just has him coming across as an angsty teenager.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Without any other spoilers, (please use spoiler tags too) anyone who has read the books, are they anymore time jumps we can expect in seasons 3 and 4? Or it stays relatively around the same time period for the remainder of the series?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I think this was the episode that made me like the Rhaenyra character. Finally acting like a proper entitled queen. None of the "I serve the people" BS you'd see from a protagonist on a lesser TV show.

Sending these lowborn in front of her dragon and...
1722371070085.gif

And when Vermithor started to eat them one by one the only look on her face was of disappointment that her plan didn't work out initially. Proper medieval queen right there.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
both eyes ;)

The eyepatch and his cheekbones and hair and all the black leather makes him look like an anime villain.
I would go with Steampunk/knock off Bond but yeah. He looks like more some sort of sky pirate that should be attacking from a blimp with a luger and a fencing rapier than than the Prince of a medieval realm fighting from dragon/back, with an arming sword.

You nailed it - his aesthetic is wrong, but I blame costuming, not the actor.

• Haha
Reactions: Bounces R Way

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Was scrolling through Facebook and I got spoiled of something. Not sure if it's from the finale leak or something that happens in the book. Guess we'll see Sunday...

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Seems like they really want to do animated series. Not my first choice but I'd likely still watch it for the lore.
Wish they would just make a a good video game, don't even care if it was just mobile either as long as it was good. Don't understand how a series this big never accomplished that. Only one that came close was the Telltale game but they even canceled that after 1 "season".

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Wish they would just make a a good video game, don't even care if it was just mobile either as long as it was good. Don't understand how a series this big never accomplished that. Only one that came close was the Telltale game but they even canceled that after 1 "season".
I still don't know how nobody has done a Skyrim type game set in the world of ASOIAF. Just another fantasy of mine right up there with the books ever being finished lol

Reactions: Jovavic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad