Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Pivot 9.1 Posted

General Updates:
- Latest notable transactions worldwide for playable leagues
-- Automated re-rates for all players/staff for all notable and playable leagues! If you do not agree with these changes please offer to help and suggest changes!
- Extensive cleanup of UFA players/staff - ~10k of entries removed! Thanks ArchibauldUK!!
- Cleanup and refresh of player rights for junior leagues
- Cleanup and assignment of preferred jobs for specific staff roles (such as management and physios)
- Extensive player career history refresh including massive additions of goalie stats -- thanks ArchibauldUK!!
- Cleanup and fixes to Nation data such as nationalities and abbreviations -- thanks Vik3tbotselektor!!

NHL Updates:
- RIP Johnny & Matthew Gaudreau, Johnny's number has been retired on Columbus and Calgary in memorium
- Prospect Generator reverted back to an older version (from 2023-24) with tweaks and minor updates. After doing some A/B testing myself I feel the more modern "balanced" sheet that the game expects....just wasn't fun! Today's NHL has more players jumping right into the league and making an immediate impact, even down to 2nd rounders in some cases, the PG should be similar. Further tweaks will be made to this generator to add in the fixes to the bottom six/pair type players that are solid in the modern PG.
-- I can say with testing there should be NO MORE gaps in draft quality, you will see impact players in 2026+ right away. No more high potential players with awful mentals or other flaws.
- Latest signings and trades and staff lists updated
- NHL/AHL re-rates for various players/prospects -- thanks Seanie for sharing!!
- Aligned roster limit end date with trade deadline day
- Adjusted max years allowed for contracts (game was adding an extra year)
- RFAs now count against the Reserve List
- Updated affiliations
- Updated several staff and player DOBs, sorry if it broke your pictures!
- Updated club player records

Austrian Updates:
- Tweaked dates for ICEHL

Canadian Updates:
- Updated name for QMJHL, sorry for the logos breaking Dani9 will update eventually!
- Updated schedules for OHL, QMJHL and WHL
- Cleanup and updates for several playable/non-playable junior leagues

Czechia Updates:
- Updated Extraliga and Maxa Liga schedules

Denmark Updates:
- Updated Metal Ligaen schedule

Finnish Updates:
- Updated Liiga and Mestis structures and added Suomi-Sarja as playable again-- thanks Vik3tbotselektor!!

French Updates:
- Updated Ligue Magnus schedule

German Updates:
- Updated DEL and DEL2 schedules
* We have Oberliga ready for release but running into issues with promotion/relegation, this will be patched in once fixed.

Great Britain Updates:
- Updated EIHL schedule

Italian Updates:
- Updated clubs and IHL league structure

Russian Updates:
- KHL and VHL schedules updated based on 2024-25 fixtures but all dates moved back one month due to game limitations, cannot have playoffs starting in late March being they need to be completed by April 30th.
** DO NOT USE THE JUNE RUSSIA START DATE OR THE GAME WILL CRASH **
-- If the community does not like this option we will create a randomized schedule for this season or do our best to move it back a little shorter.

Swedish Updates:
- Updated schedules for SHL and HockeyAllsvenskan

Swiss Updates:
- Updated NL and SL schedules

United States Updates:
- Updated ECHL schedule and sort rules
- Updated AHL and USHL schedules
- Reduced NCAA roster and reserve list size to 26 per new rules

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Pivot 9.1 Posted

General Updates:
- Latest notable transactions worldwide for playable leagues
-- Automated re-rates for all players/staff for all notable and playable leagues! If you do not agree with these changes please offer to help and suggest changes!
- Extensive cleanup of UFA players/staff - ~10k of entries removed! Thanks ArchibauldUK!!
- Cleanup and refresh of player rights for junior leagues
- Cleanup and assignment of preferred jobs for specific staff roles (such as management and physios)
- Extensive player career history refresh including massive additions of goalie stats -- thanks ArchibauldUK!!
- Cleanup and fixes to Nation data such as nationalities and abbreviations -- thanks Vik3tbotselektor!!

NHL Updates:
- RIP Johnny & Matthew Gaudreau, Johnny's number has been retired on Columbus and Calgary in memorium
- Prospect Generator reverted back to an older version (from 2023-24) with tweaks and minor updates. After doing some A/B testing myself I feel the more modern "balanced" sheet that the game expects....just wasn't fun! Today's NHL has more players jumping right into the league and making an immediate impact, even down to 2nd rounders in some cases, the PG should be similar. Further tweaks will be made to this generator to add in the fixes to the bottom six/pair type players that are solid in the modern PG.
-- I can say with testing there should be NO MORE gaps in draft quality, you will see impact players in 2026+ right away. No more high potential players with awful mentals or other flaws.
- Latest signings and trades and staff lists updated
- NHL/AHL re-rates for various players/prospects -- thanks Seanie for sharing!!
- Aligned roster limit end date with trade deadline day
- Adjusted max years allowed for contracts (game was adding an extra year)
- RFAs now count against the Reserve List
- Updated affiliations
- Updated several staff and player DOBs, sorry if it broke your pictures!
- Updated club player records

Austrian Updates:
- Tweaked dates for ICEHL

Canadian Updates:
- Updated name for QMJHL, sorry for the logos breaking Dani9 will update eventually!
- Updated schedules for OHL, QMJHL and WHL

Czechia Updates:
- Updated Extraliga and Maxa Liga schedules

Denmark Updates:
- Updated Metal Ligaen schedule

Finnish Updates:
- Updated Liiga and Mestis structures and added Suomi-Sarja as playable again-- thanks Vik3tbotselektor!!

French Updates:
- Updated Ligue Magnus schedule

German Updates:
- Updated DEL and DEL2 schedules
* We have Oberliga ready for release but running into issues with promotion/relegation, this will be patched in once fixed.

Great Britain Updates:
- Updated EIHL schedule

Italian Updates:
- Updated clubs and IHL league structure

Russian Updates:
- KHL and VHL schedules updated based on 2024-25 fixtures but all dates moved back one month due to game limitations, cannot have playoffs starting in late March being they need to be completed by April 30th.
** DO NOT USE THE JUNE RUSSIA START DATE OR THE GAME WILL CRASH **
-- If the community does not like this option we will create a randomized schedule for this season or do our best to move it back a little shorter.

Swedish Updates:
- Updated schedules for SHL and HockeyAllsvenskan

Swiss Updates:
- Updated NL and SL schedules

United States Updates:
- Updated ECHL schedule and sort rules
- Updated AHL and USHL schedules
- Reduced NCAA roster and reserve list size to 26 per new rules

In a weird turn of event and CBA shenanigans, Montreal relinquished Pitlick's and Biondi's rights, but kept Vrbetic's and Smilanic's rights although they are both without contracts.

Laval also just signed Luke Cavallin to a AHL 2-way.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
@xECK29x

Something about the new update has goalies playing FAR more games than they should be...

I only noticed during the 2029 Vezina voting... where all of the options had like, under .900 SV%... and all 3 of them had 0 wins... I was confused so I looked into it, and sure enough, 6 goalies have played all 82 games this season.

I also noticed that the game is playing goalies that really shouldnt be? far more than they should.

I have Dustin Wolf and Michael Simpson as my goalies.

in 2026/27: He played 48 games, going 5-36-5 with a 4.53 GAA, an .879 SV%...

While Dustin Wolf played 40 games, going 13-14-6 with a 3.26 and a .906 SV%...

Even this year Wolf finished having played 50 games with a .925 SV%, while Simpson got into 29 with an .885... I don't coach the games myself, so I wonder why this is happening.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
@xECK29x

Something about the new update has goalies playing FAR more games than they should be...

I only noticed during the 2029 Vezina voting... where all of the options had like, under .900 SV%... and all 3 of them had 0 wins... I was confused so I looked into it, and sure enough, 6 goalies have played all 82 games this season.

I also noticed that the game is playing goalies that really shouldnt be? far more than they should.

I have Dustin Wolf and Michael Simpson as my goalies.

in 2026/27: He played 48 games, going 5-36-5 with a 4.53 GAA, an .879 SV%...

While Dustin Wolf played 40 games, going 13-14-6 with a 3.26 and a .906 SV%...

Even this year Wolf finished having played 50 games with a .925 SV%, while Simpson got into 29 with an .885... I don't coach the games myself, so I wonder why this is happening.
That's going to be all game weirdness, there is really nothing in the DB that would force the AI to play a goalie 82 games unless you force the lines and never swapped them. I'd have to see the save.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Untitled.png

Got this error I've never seen before. I had accidentally added two nations and couldn't delete them, so I just added 2 nations and national teams, but then I get the fatal error for it.

Not a big deal because I can just make defunct countries inactive, but I feel like fixing it would be more preferable.

Or maybe it's not if I'm not using defunct countries!

edit: this doesn’t work evidently

Last edited:

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
That's going to be all game weirdness, there is really nothing in the DB that would force the AI to play a goalie 82 games unless you force the lines and never swapped them. I'd have to see the save.

What would be causing it on a game level then? Cause I've never noticed this issue until the most recent update, and it's now happened on multiple saves... Here is a list of goalies not playing as of the conclusion of the 2029 season:

BOS: Jeremy Swayman played: 43, 55, 69, then 2 and 6...

BUF: UPL fell victim to Devon Levi, playing: 44,60,51... then 1 and 0

COL: Georgiyev missed the entire 26-27 season... was not injured.

DAL: Oettinger missed 25-26 and 26-27 while uninjured... then played 9 and 4 games since.

DET: Shesterkin signed a massive 9.8x7 deal in 2025, played 61 games, then 3, 7, and 13.

EDM: Skinner played 9 games in 25-26, then, a year later EDM bring in Primeau at the deadline and play him 30 games in a row.

MIN: Was fine until this year they played Gustavsson 2 games... and they don't have Wallstedt.

NSH: Saros lost the starter job to Juha Jatkola in 25-26

NYI: Sorokin played 13, 3, and 10 starting in 26-27... losing the position in 28-29 to Michael Simpson

STL: This is a weird one... they signed Demko to a 6 year 9M deal in 26... he started 68 games, then they brought in Ersson and they split games between Demko, Ersson and Evan Zhang... mhm... Now in 28-29 Demko played 14, Ersson played 7... and Nick Malik played 61.

TBL: Vasilevsky, started 53 games in 24-25, then 1... NOTHING since. Stanislav Korneyev, drafted in the 2nd round in 2025, played 40 bad games for Yugra in the VHL, then comes over and plays 82, 80 and 82 for Tampa instead of Vasi...

TOR: Joseph Woll played 24-25 in the AHL so Matt Murray could start... then split 25-26 between the AHL and NHL, getting into 31 NHL games... then played 6 games in 26-27, then NOTHING for 2 years. Jonathan Myllymaa, 164 GP 74-80-10 3.59 .895

VAN: Silovs has had an up and down career, playing as a backup, getting 18 and 17 games, then STL signed Demko away and it was his net, played 66 and then 47... this season? 0. Ty Young played 82.

VGK: Adin Hill started 24-25 and 25-26, then missed 26-27 due to nothing, then played 2 in 27-28, and is now splitting games with Carl Lindblom, playing 40 and 42 respectively.

WPG: Hellebuyck lost the starter job in 26-27, playing 24, then 18 and 15 games, even though he is the vastly superior goalie, and puts up better numbers when he does play.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
So I just had a weird thing happen. In my game, the Edmonton Oilers are the worst team in 2026 so I look at their roster and for some reason, they had a 16 yo kid on their team. I traded for him just cuz it was so odd. This is a new game off of Eck's newest database

Has anybody seen this before?

Screenshot 2024-09-14 223301.png
Screenshot 2024-09-14 223326.png
Screenshot 2024-09-14 223340.png

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
So I just had a weird thing happen. In my game, the Edmonton Oilers are the worst team in 2026 so I look at their roster and for some reason, they had a 16 yo kid on their team. I traded for him just cuz it was so odd. This is a new game off of Eck's newest database

Has anybody seen this before?

View attachment 907044View attachment 907045View attachment 907046
This was patched after release, he should have been on the Oil Kings. If you update the DB its fixed.

Reactions: hohosaregood

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
What would be causing it on a game level then? Cause I've never noticed this issue until the most recent update, and it's now happened on multiple saves... Here is a list of goalies not playing as of the conclusion of the 2029 season:

DAL: Oettinger missed 25-26 and 26-27 while uninjured... then played 9 and 4 games since.

DET: Shesterkin signed a massive 9.8x7 deal in 2025, played 61 games, then 3, 7, and 13.

EDM: Skinner played 9 games in 25-26, then, a year later EDM bring in Primeau at the deadline and play him 30 games in a row.

MIN: Was fine until this year they played Gustavsson 2 games... and they don't have Wallstedt.

NYI: Sorokin played 13, 3, and 10 starting in 26-27... losing the position in 28-29 to Michael Simpson

STL: This is a weird one... they signed Demko to a 6 year 9M deal in 26... he started 68 games, then they brought in Ersson and they split games between Demko, Ersson and Evan Zhang... mhm... Now in 28-29 Demko played 14, Ersson played 7... and Nick Malik played 61.

TBL: Vasilevsky, started 53 games in 24-25, then 1... NOTHING since. Stanislav Korneyev, drafted in the 2nd round in 2025, played 40 bad games for Yugra in the VHL, then comes over and plays 82, 80 and 82 for Tampa instead of Vasi...

TOR: Joseph Woll played 24-25 in the AHL so Matt Murray could start... then split 25-26 between the AHL and NHL, getting into 31 NHL games... then played 6 games in 26-27, then NOTHING for 2 years. Jonathan Myllymaa, 164 GP 74-80-10 3.59 .895

VAN: Silovs has had an up and down career, playing as a backup, getting 18 and 17 games, then STL signed Demko away and it was his net, played 66 and then 47... this season? 0. Ty Young played 82.

VGK: Adin Hill started 24-25 and 25-26, then missed 26-27 due to nothing, then played 2 in 27-28, and is now splitting games with Carl Lindblom, playing 40 and 42 respectively.

WPG: Hellebuyck lost the starter job in 26-27, playing 24, then 18 and 15 games, even though he is the vastly superior goalie, and puts up better numbers when he does play.
This is just the wackiness of the game, the database doesn't control any of this. If you would like I can get your save and send it to Riz but he hasn't responded to me in a while.

Reactions: bashbros32

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
This is just the wackiness of the game, the database doesn't control any of this. If you would like I can get your save and send it to Riz but he hasn't responded to me in a while.

That's so weird, I have over 30K (Yes, I've left it overnight for like years at this point) hours in this game and this is the first time I've ever experienced it...

Also thanks but feels fruitless if he is no longer in contact.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

That's so weird, I have over 30K (Yes, I've left it overnight for like years at this point) hours in this game and this is the first time I've ever experienced it...

Also thanks but feels fruitless if he is no longer in contact.
I just ran a 4-year test and I’m seeing similar. I can post screenshots when I get home. It was a test so it’s not the actual sim but I’m seeing Vasilevsky playing less than 10 regular season games and then playing in the playoffs, starting 25-26

Shesterkin playing 2, 0, 0 in the regular season, and then playing all the playoff games.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I just ran a 4-year test and I’m seeing similar. I can post screenshots when I get home. It was a test so it’s not the actual sim but I’m seeing Vasilevsky playing less than 10 regular season games and then playing in the playoffs, starting 25-26

Shesterkin playing 2, 0, 0 in the regular season, and then playing all the playoff games.
I can't see anything in the DB controlling that but I'll happily take the save games from both you and @bashbros32 and see if I can get something out of Riz. Please send me your selected game options also.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can't see anything in the DB controlling that but I'll happily take the save games from both you and @bashbros32 and see if I can get something out of Riz. Please send me your selected game options also.
I didn’t save it since it was a test, so I can try running another

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad