Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
July 7th update posted, wasn't going to wait another full week with so little left in the FA pool. Next release planned for first week of August, if any trades happen I'll patch them in. penguinrevolt and I are trying to figure out what to do for the 4 Nations Faceoff, it seems moving the World Cup into that spot may make the most sense, it also should have some game code to allow the use of NHLers. We will see if we can make it work!

General Updates:
- Latest notable transactions worldwide for playable leagues
- Tweaked Olympic structures for better reliability

Canadian Updates:
- 2024 CHL Import draft class processed
- Completed relocation of Brampton Steelheads

NHL Updates:
- Added 2024-25 schedule -- thanks penguinrevolt!!
- Latest signings and trades
- Set a one year offset for All-Star Game so it's skipped for 2024-25
- Updated NHL-AHL-ECHL affiliations
- Updated retired numbers -- thanks jth!!

AHL Updates:
- Latest signings and staff hires
- Updated retired numbers

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Great job!

Is there any way I can edit your db to add some spice of my own? I cant seem to find it in the editor. Edit: Nevermind. I found EHM assistant
The database is downloaded to Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\301120\567307051 if you want to open it in the Editor. I cannot help you with any modifications. I would copy the contents of that folder to a new folder under Steam\steamapps\common\Eastside Hockey Manager\data\database, whatever you name that folder is how it will show up in-game. This will also make sure your edits don't get overwritten by updates.

Reactions: GbgRanger

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Here's a new one by me, I'm setting up my World Cup to be played this year (August/September 2024), and in my tests I wasn't getting full NHL players, so I went in and took control of Canada, and I pick guys, and they're either politely declining or they're unavailable. The only guys I can pick are those without contracts, in any league. I can pick Quintin Byfield, but not Crosby, and not dudes in random ass no-name leagues. I figured making the tournament a reputation of 20 makes it the highest priority, so I either don't know or forget which setting I'm missing. Been a while since I worked on it.

Also, am I able to clear the national team rosters in the editor?

edit: ECK, I'm working off your July 1 database, but I imported a league structure someone here helped me with a few years ago

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Dog and Treb

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Here's a new one by me, I'm setting up my World Cup to be played this year (August/September 2024), and in my tests I wasn't getting full NHL players, so I went in and took control of Canada, and I pick guys, and they're either politely declining or they're unavailable. The only guys I can pick are those without contracts, in any league. I can pick Quintin Byfield, but not Crosby, and not dudes in random ass no-name leagues. I figured making the tournament a reputation of 20 makes it the highest priority, so I either don't know or forget which setting I'm missing. Been a while since I worked on it.

Also, am I able to clear the national team rosters in the editor?

edit: ECK, I'm working off your July 1 database, but I imported a league structure someone here helped me with a few years ago
Did you add Extra Junior Players or players to the National Pools? I've reported that as a bug to Riz a while back.

Reactions: Treb

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Did you add Extra Junior Players or players to the National Pools? I've reported that as a bug to Riz a while back.
I haven’t added any players to this DB, and I’ve been disabling extra players and staff for tests.

Also, looks like you have Carolina Thunderbirds as Wheeling Nailers short name.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I haven’t added any players to this DB, and I’ve been disabling extra players and staff for tests.

Also, looks like you have Carolina Thunderbirds as Wheeling Nailers short name.
No idea then, that's the only thing I've seen that breaks team Canada that I've been able to reproduce, I can't really support any modification to the DB especially if you are tinkering with international tournaments.

That Wheeling thing must have been there for who knows how long, its amazing how people don't catch and report these things! The ECHL schedule may also have issues, I'll fix it in the August update in a few weeks.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No idea then, that's the only thing I've seen that breaks team Canada that I've been able to reproduce, I can't really support any modification to the DB especially if you are tinkering with international tournaments.

That Wheeling thing must have been there for who knows how long, its amazing how people don't catch and report these things! The ECHL schedule may also have issues, I'll fix it in the August update in a few weeks.
I’ll keep working on it, because now I need an answer. This was an imported structure, sometimes when I’ve run into issues that don’t make sense, just starting it from scratch can help.

Though I do like the idea of some players declining the invite. I had never seen that before.

You know what other thing I notice when I do imports, because I always get the error: you’re missing the E at the end of Suriname :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Can't start the tournament in August appears to be the answer. I think I was told that before, but there was a time that it worked.

Also set the World Cup at 20 reputation, and NHL at 19.

It's ignoring my host arena now, though

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Can't start the tournament in August appears to be the answer. I think I was told that before, but there was a time that it worked.

Also set the World Cup at 20 reputation, and NHL at 19.

It's ignoring my host arena now, though
The host arenas are a big pain in the ass, you have to specify the arena in every single schedule date and make sure your arena pick rules are set.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Next Pivot update coming mid-August. Most of the schedules are updated and I want more time to do more scraping, I'm also considering adding back some leagues as human playable.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The host arenas are a big pain in the ass, you have to specify the arena in every single schedule date and make sure your arena pick rules are set.
I think I have that squared up now. One of the things I noticed is that if I want things to be in one place, I need to have the arena created multiple times or it will will go to to smaller arenas nearby. Trying not to tinker with it too much, I may just go to one of the teams hosting the prelim stage if I can determine either the top 4 teams or 4 specific teams. Too bad the August/September thing limits things but I’ll get there.

Here’s one: how can I remove Russia and Belarus from the top divisions of world championships and WJC’s? I changed the setting on their country window, and it’s working for my World Cup but not the others.

Gonna make another go at the schedule thing soon too.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I think I have that squared up now. One of the things I noticed is that if I want things to be in one place, I need to have the arena created multiple times or it will will go to to smaller arenas nearby. Trying not to tinker with it too much, I may just go to one of the teams hosting the prelim stage if I can determine either the top 4 teams or 4 specific teams. Too bad the August/September thing limits things but I’ll get there.

Here’s one: how can I remove Russia and Belarus from the top divisions of world championships and WJC’s? I changed the setting on their country window, and it’s working for my World Cup but not the others.

Gonna make another go at the schedule thing soon too.
You can use the Min Total Capacity to match the capacity of the arena you want to lose, that will limit what arenas it chooses, also if you go into the Nation screen you can set the National arena for the nation.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You can use the Min Total Capacity to match the capacity of the arena you want to lose, that will limit what arenas it chooses, also if you go into the Nation screen you can set the National arena for the nation.
I do see the latter, I may go into that again, I don’t know if I was confident in how I had that nailed down.

Same with the min capacity. There seemed to be a number on the min that was too high, unless that was just old areas like ones in Albany or Vegas that were big enough for that. I’ll have to check it again.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I'm going to unfortunately skip the August update and push the next one September1st for Pivot, there is more league structure work I want to get done. I have had a busier last month then usual and less time for editing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad