Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Sorry if this has been asked before: Has anyone attempted to get EHM up and running on a steam deck or an ROG Ally? I know it will probably never be "deck verified" but I figure the game is simple enough it likely wouldn't be a problem?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Sorry if this has been asked before: Has anyone attempted to get EHM up and running on a steam deck or an ROG Ally? I know it will probably never be "deck verified" but I figure the game is simple enough it likely wouldn't be a problem?
You can get it working on the Steam Deck in "Desktop Mode" but its not very enjoyable, using Stream Link makes it a little smoother. The ROG Ally will be getting SteamOS, might be easier to wait for that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone ever run into trouble with the NHL TM colors causing an error when importing the spreadsheet? I'd hate to have to change them on my spreadsheets or editor since it'll be a pain in the ass later on.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Anyone ever run into trouble with the NHL TM colors causing an error when importing the spreadsheet? I'd hate to have to change them on my spreadsheets or editor since it'll be a pain in the ass later on.
What file format are you using? If you aren't using something that uses UTF encoding or a BOM it could be the cause as that (TM) logo is a special character. Probably worth removing all those, I'll do that for the next release.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What file format are you using? If you aren't using something that uses UTF encoding or a BOM it could be the cause as that (TM) logo is a special character. Probably worth removing all those, I'll do that for the next release.
CSV? Thats all I know.

That’s what I’ve been doing is removing them and import it back in later (if needed). I wondering if those NHL tagged colors are actually need that? Some of them are duplicates. The ‘Black’ doesn’t even work as a trim, unless it’s my skin (I’ve never changed it)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
CSV? Thats all I know.

That’s what I’ve been doing is removing them and import it back in later (if needed). I wondering if those NHL tagged colors are actually need that? Some of them are duplicates. The ‘Black’ doesn’t even work as a trim, unless it’s my skin (I’ve never changed it)
They don't need it, I have no idea about the history of them, they have always been in the TBL DBs since I started editing.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They don't need it, I have no idea about the history of them, they have always been in the TBL DBs since I started editing.
I’ve thought about giving them their real names or just putting them closer to a colorwheel so it’s easier to compare (probably easier)

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
You can get it working on the Steam Deck in "Desktop Mode" but its not very enjoyable, using Stream Link makes it a little smoother. The ROG Ally will be getting SteamOS, might be easier to wait for that.
Works pretty good on Steam Deck IMHO. Requires that you run it on Desktop first and configure it to be windowed mode or similar before trying game mode. Don't recall the exact settings I used.

Next, map all shortcuts like F1 etc to buttons / pads to your liking with right pad as mouse. I enjoyed it at least, played during commute, worked great.

Note that this was more than a year ago so not sure if it perhaps works out of the box now.

EDIT: Just reinstalled on my SD OLED. Properties, opt in to beta and change game resolution to 1024x768. Launched automatically in game mode without having to use desktop mode. Nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: xECK29x

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
I think for the first time ever (?) in like 100+ seasons that I've played, I did not win the Stanley Cup. Lost in the first round in 7 games. My "starting" goalie decided to post a 21-14-4, 3.51 GAA, 0.890 SV% in his contract year and now he's asking for a 7,2M contract. Safe to say he's gone. I played my backup more and he went 38-5-0, but crapped the bed in the playoffs.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Hey all! It seems like the 2024-25 v9 version of ECK database crashes consistently for me, is there a known setting/league that we need to avoid?

In one game file, I was able to avoid the crash (in july 2nd) by not signing a certain staff. But then it crashed during the season.

I then started a 2nd file with less leagues (in the first file I had all leagues to enhanced), and now it crashed on July 2nd 2025 without fail...

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Hey all! It seems like the 2024-25 v9 version of ECK database crashes consistently for me, is there a known setting/league that we need to avoid?

In one game file, I was able to avoid the crash (in july 2nd) by not signing a certain staff. But then it crashed during the season.

I then started a 2nd file with less leagues (in the first file I had all leagues to enhanced), and now it crashed on July 2nd 2025 without fail...
Way too many leagues selected, please read my detailed instructions for recommended settings, I even include a screenshot. The initial database size is your call but you cannot select more then 20 leagues view only or enhanced, and you do not need to.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Way too many leagues selected, please read my detailed instructions for recommended settings, I even include a screenshot. The initial database size is your call but you cannot select more then 20 leagues view only or enhanced, and you do not need to.

Gotcha, thanks. I definitely thought I did for the second game, but I'll re-read the detailed instructions :thumbu:

Reactions: xECK29x

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
but you cannot select more then 20 leagues view only or enhanced

So... I just killed a 20 year franchise I think by doing this? I have played from present day until July 11th 2045... it would sometimes crash on June 30 - July 2 every year, but most of the time I could just retry a couple times and it would push through...

for some reason this year though, it randomly made it passed June 30-July 2, going all the way to July 11th, and now it wont go passed it... I've reloaded and re-tried like 30 times and it crashes every time...

Guess I learned my lesson cause I had a legit mega-dynasty going, with some really interesting stuff happening these next 2 years.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
So... I just killed a 20 year franchise I think by doing this? I have played from present day until July 11th 2045... it would sometimes crash on June 30 - July 2 every year, but most of the time I could just retry a couple times and it would push through...

for some reason this year though, it randomly made it passed June 30-July 2, going all the way to July 11th, and now it wont go passed it... I've reloaded and re-tried like 30 times and it crashes every time...

Guess I learned my lesson cause I had a legit mega-dynasty going, with some really interesting stuff happening these next 2 years.
If you are that far in with more then 20 leagues you really got lucky. You may be able to force sim your way through things and get lucky to keep it going.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
If you are that far in with more then 20 leagues you really got lucky. You may be able to force sim your way through things and get lucky to keep it going.

I gave it another 30ish tries today after work, no dice... to be fair I had:

6 Canadian Leagues (if the memorial cup counts as a league)
all 4 Czech Leagues
Danish Metal Ligaen
all 3 Finnish Leagues
all 3 German Leagues
all 3 Russian Leagues
both Slovak Leagues
all 4 Swedish Leagues
all 3 Swiss Leagues
5 American Leagues

only slightly over 20... :sarcasm:

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Quite a funny thing happened in my game. I had a former 1st round pick C who had been in the AHL for 2 seasons, averaging under 7. Played him in 16 NHL games and he was consistently 6 or 7 every game, whilst I was top of the league, so traded him. He played 6 NHL games for his new side that season again averaging below 7, before back in the AHL.

He won the Selke.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Dutronc

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Quite a funny thing happened in my game. I had a former 1st round pick C who had been in the AHL for 2 seasons, averaging under 7. Played him in 16 NHL games and he was consistently 6 or 7 every game, whilst I was top of the league, so traded him. He played 6 NHL games for his new side that season again averaging below 7, before back in the AHL.

He won the Selke.

He was the best defensive center anyone had ever seen for those 22 games!

Reactions: Iwishihadaspacebar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad