TV: House of the Dragon (HBO) - Season 2 - Summer 2024, please use spoil tags where it makes sense

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Another good episode. Setting things in motion for what's to come.

Absolutely loving how OP they've continued to set Vhagar up to be. To the point where the Black's are having to get desperate to find some sort of answer for him.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Solid episode for an "all-talker"

Daemon finding it harder to intimidate and ply the will of the Riverlands, Kings Landing stewing with desperation and anger as the smallfolk go hungry, Rhaenyra and Jacerys both restless in not being able to take action, some good stuff in there for future episodes.

As to the Daemon thing, I wonder how ballsy the people of the Riverlands would be if Daemon started scorching towns and halls. Would these same lords have given the same middle finger to Aegon the Conqueror and his sisters?

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Daemon doesn't understand how to deal with people he can't fight them or f*** them. I think that's pretty clear now for all viewers, hah.

Alicent learned a big lesson that when you play "install a man over a woman as King" games, you win "install a man over a woman as King" prizes.

The Harrenhal story is starting to annoy me. I'm all for slow builds, but the Alys Rivers flashbacks stuff is starting to lose me.

Jacaerys and Baela had breakout episodes, IMO. Subtle, but important.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
I see Alicent flipping over to Rhaenyra’s side in the name of girl power. With Otto gone, the rest of the Greens are giving her zero respect.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I'm surprised we haven't seen more of Otto, I guess it only a matter of time.

God I want Aemond to die so bad

Reactions: DaaaaB's

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I see Alicent flipping over to Rhaenyra’s side in the name of girl power. With Otto gone, the rest of the Greens are giving her zero respect.

You see her betraying her sons and joining the side that's trying to kill them?

I'm surprised we haven't seen more of Otto, I guess it only a matter of time.

God I want Aemond to die so bad

He'll be back I'm sure - but for now Otto needs to be gone so it continues to de-stabilize the Greens. All season it's basically been the Blacks getting beaten down, so the Blacks need to start getting some wins while the Greens take some Ls with Aemond as King.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
yo that shit was boring af, maybe I wasn't in the right mindset but I kept getting distracted and had to keep rewinding cause my add brain wasn't having it, Daemon's story was aight I suppose. Next week should be a banger though

Reactions: Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
yo that shit was boring af, maybe I wasn't in the right mindset but I kept getting distracted and had to keep rewinding cause my add brain wasn't having it, Daemon's story was aight I suppose. Next week should be a banger though

I agree. My least favorite episode of this season, maybe the series.

I'm expecting the rest of the season to be really good though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Things happened in the last episode, and they will happen in the next episode. Ok to let this one simmer.

Don't see Alicent going to the Blacks unless either her kids try to kill her or exile her, or people on that side kill the kids.

Corlys gets to be hand, but I don't know if that's good?

Daemon needs to see a therapist.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
All of Daemon's misadventures is showing why he would be a terrible king. He is a great warrior, but he isn't a leader of men. He doesn't inspire much of anything, and he can't administer for shit.

He really thought he would end a century old feud by just threatening to burn people. And then thought trying to outsource some war crimes would somehow work as well.

Remains to be seen if the lesson actually gets learned.

His nightmares seem to be trying to tell him what his ambitions and insecurities have gotten him to this point.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I agree. My least favorite episode of this season, maybe the series.

I'm expecting the rest of the season to be really good though.
I thought episode 3 with Rhaenyra playing Sister Act was much worse.

This season’s been pretty hit or miss for me. I thought episode 2 was pretty incredible and Rook’s Rest delivered pretty nicely. But taking 2 years to release a truncated 8 episode season where (so far) not much of anything is happening most of the time isn’t great on HBO’s part.

It’s exactly what made the last 2 seasons of GoT so dreadful.

Reactions: fin8

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
That was probably my least favorite episode, as well. I don't mind "talkie" episodes at all, but I didn't find what was talked about very engaging and it didn't feel like things were building or escalating. More Larys and Otto might've helped.

I was watching the final scene and it occurred to me how much Emma D'Arcy was carrying it. She just chews it up and delivers every line in a different way, while Harry Collett always has the same expression and delivery. I find it a bit boring watching him act, unlike D'Arcy, who's a treat to watch, and a bit distracting because it's hard to buy him as her son when they act so differently. I don't mean to pick on him, but in a show with an impeccable cast and interesting characters, he sticks out to me in a bad way.

Last edited:

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
It’s exactly what made the last 2 seasons of GoT so dreadful.
It's kind of the opposite in some ways, the last season of GoT in particular was just ridiculously rushed and the slow burn arcs were thrown out the window. They are doing an extreme slow burn with this show, sometimes it works , sometimes it doesn't. It certainly does not have the same charm as GoT, though as someone who recently watched it for the first time I would be in the camp of the first 4 seasons being the great ones, it starts declining rapidly in s5

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
These characters are such a bore. I can name 5-10 GOT characters I think are more than a step above the best in HOTD. And many became hits after just a single season or two.

Saw a reddit comment saying how all the characters in HOTD seem like a different version of Stannis and its so true. Stannis was a great character in GOT because of who he was surrounded by and the other characters in the world. In a world full of Stannises, it sucks.

Last edited:

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
Game of thrones season 5-8 must have been praised highly if building things up is boring and slow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad